MP Native Persistent Kingdoms - 1.2 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd like to know if you got the black brigandine with the plate from a mod? Or did you make it yourselves? I really like it, so I was wondering if there was a singleplayer mod where it came from so I can wear it without fear of getting robbed by some chap who gets kicks from killing people who've spent the last half a day serfing.

JamesNorth said:
I'd like to know if you got the black brigandine with the plate from a mod? Or did you make it yourselves? I really like it, so I was wondering if there was a singleplayer mod where it came from so I can wear it without fear of getting robbed by some chap who gets kicks from killing people who've spent the last half a day serfing.
The black brigandine with plate comes from the Narf pack. Many mods use it due to the high quality of Narf's stuff. I wouldn't know which singleplayer ones use it so I would suggest you just dig around a bit or maybe some friendly fellow will help you out.

We have also opened a Persistent Kingdoms Discord. If you need help with the installation, need help with the mod or you're simply looking for some people to play with join our Discord!

We have released a 1.1 patch today so make sure to update your Persistent Kingdoms mod.

Changelog 1.1

Fixed lighting with some of the skyboxes.
Removed "Game rules" menu as it was outdated and useless. We might look into bringing a revamped version of it back in the future releases.
Fixed poll cooldown bug where people were still able to poll lords after a poll failed.
Fixed a bug where arrows&bolts would go through doors.
We have added and modified the animations thanks to SirPineApplePie.
Revamped the admin function to record current position.

ModDB Download
Steam Download
NexusMods Download

Thanks!

Hello

We continue to work on PK. You can find the latest dev blog here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/persistent-kingdoms/news/dev-blog-190718

The more notable changes are the RP additions, revamped animation system, a death cam and a few bug fixes.

The main goals of the 1.2 update are the optimization and the RP additions.

Come join us on Discord if you have any suggestions or want to hang around: https://discord.gg/zQ4vrsd

Cya!

Hello,
I am looking for a map editor, would like to work on a map concept and see if it is possible to implement my ideas into PK. 
Thanks!  Send me an IM if interested and we can discuss the details. 

Asset_20.png

Persistent Kingdoms 1.2 Changelog

Hello!

We have finally managed to conclude the next chapter of Persistent Kingdoms - Version 1.2. Over the past months, we've have been developing this version with breaks in between. Overall we're pretty happy with the changes we've implemented and we're sure you will like them as well. There's always room for improvement and we'll most probably continue to work on the mod but on a smaller scale, depending on the motivation of our team. Without further ado, here's the 1.2 changelog (there has been too many changes to represent them all with pictures so we invite you to download the mod and check them yourself :smile: ).

New spectator mode

Server owners will now be able to enable another spectator mode. After a player dies the spectator camera will be locked above their position so that they can spectate the remainder of the fight until they respawn.

Horses and players are now healed based on the time

It has been the case so far that if you wish to heal your horse or yourself with food and a bed you have to hold F on the designated scene prop until the bar fills up after which your health increases. From now on your health will increase based on the amount of time you held F, which comes very useful in events where you have to hold F for the complete duration of the bar filling despite needing a very small health increase.

Day/night cycle added (optional)

We have added a day/night cycle to the mod that is completely optional and can be enabled via the server configuration. The length of the cycle is dependent on the number of seconds set in the server configuration (you can have multiple cycles per day). Credit to the SRP team.

Day-night.png

New animations:

Begging
Praying
Pike stance

20181020194132-1.jpg

20181027140726-1.jpg

Item changes & Scene prop changes:

Item changes:

A pig/piglet
An executioners axe
Rings & earrings
17 new RP clothes
2 new crowns
Letter item
Great bascinet texture replacement
Plated charger texture replacement
3 new assassin hoods & 3 assassin armours
3 new mercenary armours
1 new plate
7 new special weapons added (royal sword, royal greatsword,...)
2 new playable instruments - Vielle & Flute

20181003200754_1.jpg

Scene prop changes:

New enterable buildings (keeps, townhouses
New tents
New small rowing boat (usable)
Buy points for weak spawn weapons added
2 new notice boards
Various new RP scene props (wall paintings, tapestries, flags,...)

20180725011313-1.jpg

notice-boards.png

buildings.png

Mod optimization:

Revamped animation system.

Animation restrictions have been done differently which means that the animations now have a very smooth transition and are much more performance friendly.

Bump & specular textures optimized

All bump & specular textures have been resized to a lower resolution. This has no visual effect but will in theory increase FPS slightly.

Mod cleanup

Despite adding a large number of new resources to the mod we have managed to decrease the size of the mod by 100MB by removing unused resources and optimizing textures.

Shader check

All items received a check in terms of shaders to ensure everything looks as it should in-game.

LOD’s were added to all items that didn’t have them.

Certain items were missing LOD’s which more or less better the performance of the mod by loading lower quality models in the distance. The missing LOD’s were generated and added to the mod.

Administration changes:

Faction ID's were added to most logs.

Support for custom banners added

Server owners can now assign custom banners to anyone via scripts. This is useful for RP servers where even commoners want to proudly wear their heraldic colours.

Bug fixes:

Glitchy indestructible doors were fixed.
Show pouch to nearby players logs fixed.
Walking mode bug fixed.
CWE scene props fixed on DX7.
Other smaller bug fixes.

Miscellaneous:

Wooden poles were removed from CWE walls.
Early transitional armour transformed into a heraldic item.
New banners added.
Other smaller changes.
Follow the steam group to receive the latest updates!

Join us on Discord to post suggestions, get help, report bugs or just to hang around with other PK players!

Phoenix Dev Team

logo.png

Server Owners, Mappers and Scripters - Please update your script sets and servers to PK 1.2.1 for the latest bug fix. It's optional for players, so don't worry about compatibility, but it's important for servers to use this version to avoid pretty severe bugs. https://github.com/SmartPhoenix/Persistent-Kingdoms/releases/tag/1.2.1

I download the mod version 1.2, then once I want to transfer the file to my Modules folder it will not allow it. It starts then at the end nothing happens. I don't have any other version of PK I deleted it.

Ser Stoney said:
Hello its says you kicked from the server when im trying to join server. What can i do? First time with this mod.
That most probably happens because you're using a name that is already taken by another player. Try changing it to something random and give it a go.
Yusuf_Persian said:
I download the mod version 1.2, then once I want to transfer the file to my Modules folder it will not allow it. It starts then at the end nothing happens. I don't have any other version of PK I deleted it.
That doesn't sound like an issue with anything on our end. Try installing the mod via the Steam workshop if you're still having problems.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389572813

Do you know about the dupe glitch?

Edited for safety reasons for the servers that don't use the updated version yet.

domipoppe said:
Do you know about the dupe glitch?

Yes it has been fixed. The updated version 1.2.2 that fixes it can be found here (not needed for clients).

https://github.com/SmartPhoenix/Persistent-Kingdoms/releases/tag/1.2.2

Hey, I was wondering if there is any patch or texture pack available for me to have a higher fps while playing PK? Because even if everything is set to low, my framerate doesn't seem to be higher than 30

Mridyn said:
Hey, I was wondering if there is any patch or texture pack available for me to have a higher fps while playing PK? Because even if everything is set to low, my framerate doesn't seem to be higher than 30

What you could do is resize all the model textures to a lower size (1024x1024 -> 512x512, etc.) which will give you an FPS boost but the quality of textures in-game will drop.

Pain already did a similar thing for Persistent Kingdoms 1.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/lr56y8wd7akyt34/Persistent+Kingdoms+optimized+textures.rar

If you download that and copy&replace from the /Textures folder into your current Persistent Kingdoms 1.2 /Textures folder you should achieve what I explained above. Though keep in mind that might override any changes we did in terms of textures between 1.0 and 1.2. Additionally, any new textures won't be "optimised" with this. It might also cause some texture issues in-game.

For the best result, you should resize the textures yourself.

Back
Top Bottom