Permission Issues (Windows 8 to 7] [Solved]

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
Well, I got Windows 7 again, after having windows 8 for a while but now I am having this issue with permissions, when installing programs and sometimes when copying files. For instance, when I try to install Photoshop I get a 0xc000007b error and I click continue, and this pops up>
rgbR6YC.png
This makes no sense what so ever as I am the only user and the Admin.
I tried running the setup as Admin, give me all the permissions etc. Still no luck! :/
I also have a similar issue with Zune and a few other programs. What the he** is going on??

EDIT:
Avoid using your files from windows 8 when you switch to windows 7 (for whatever reason). You are bound to have a LOT of Permissions issues to go through

Don't install things to C:\Program Files or the (x86) version. It's a workaround, but it should avoid any Windows permissions systems.

Alternatively, disable UAC.

Splintert said:
Don't install things to C:\Program Files or the (x86) version. It's a workaround, but it should avoid any Windows permissions systems.

Alternatively, disable UAC.
I tried the not installing in (x86) program files, but it didn't work. I turned off UAC yesterday. Still not luck

Edit1:
It doesn't work no matter where I try to install...

Splintert said:
Did you enforce some kind of write restrictions somewhere?
No, I just figured it out it's because of the files I tried copying from my windows 8 harddrive to my new hard drive which ran windows 7. It's unbelievable what i have to go through to copy my files!!!
NEVER HAVE WINDOWS 8 and try to copy your files to windows 7....  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom