Permanent Death?

Should a chance of permanent death for the player and AI lords occur?

• Yes.

Votes: 91 17.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • It should be optional.

Votes: 285 55.2%
  • Yes, but only for lords.

Votes: 67 13.0%
  • Yes, but make the chances of dying very slim.

Votes: 49 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

at a version of the SOD mod for mount and blade you could kill the a king and there would be a election for a new king or i was dreaming

and it would be cool to rebbel against the king and kill him then i could feel awsome :grin:

I'm for an option to enable deaths on or off. But I would prefer death system simply as I think it would be a different and more intense experience than the native game, especially with no quitting without save enabled and perma-death ...super hardcore mode  :grin:

However if death is enabled for the player it should also be enabled for the lords and Kings as well but they should be unlikely to die easily. However the problem of what to do if too many lords die is tricky. I think a system where new lords could get generated and kings could be elected from a pool of candidates would be best. If its possible to do something like that.

Iboltax said:
I think a system where new lords could get generated and kings could be elected from a pool of candidates would be best. If its possible to do something like that.
I know there has to be a way to do so. I haven't found out how I'll implement that yet.

These are my ideas that I posted for a different mod.  I don't know if they will be any help.

1. Children:  The ability to have kids, so eventually the can become a lord under you or your king. I have an idea of how they can age faster, but that is the second idea. Anyways, you will be able to name him/her , and as they age up you can make choices like, who they will serve as a page, or if you want them to practice horsemanship instead of swordfighting.  These choices will decide how their skills are once they become a vassal for your king, or for you. 

2.Time:  Now, to go along with the aging of your children, I thought about changing the time in hours to days, and the days to months. Also, if it is possible, change how many days are in a Calradian Ponavosa month.  This will allow you and your children to age quicker, and give you that "months of siege" feeling. This will also lead to my next idea.

3.DEATH: Yes, death. It will be possible for you, companions, lords, and the kings themselves, to die in battle. Now, I am not a modder so I really don't know what I am talking but, I believe that there will need to be many factors that make it extremely rare for someone to die, like a headshot plus a high damage, plus it being a mortal wound. Also, you could die once you reach a certain age, because nobody will live forever.

4.Civil War: What happens if the King dies in battle, or just of old age? What if some of the lords don't wish for the king's son/daughter to become the new leader? Well, then their will be a civil war. Their will need to be at least 3 lords with lands who support a higher ranked lord.  The higher lord who wishes to become the new king, must have at least a city, and have some support, like I said before. When this happens, the entire kingdom will divide, depending on which lords support who. Also, the names will change, like if the Antarian Empire is divided, one side maybe called the The Antarian Loyalists , and the other The Antarian Resistance. This can also be done by the PC, if he passes all the requirments above.

These are only my ideas, and I am not a modder, so I dont know if you can do this. Thank you!!!

I think that having kids would be a whole other mod. There's a lot to consider too. Like how they would look, How much time they'll take to grow. The list could go on... If the game was more of an RTS then time could span on years. But this game is focused on one person where a war could last for months and not years.

I personally think that having a kid within one mod is near impossible to make unrealistic. If anyone of you reaches game day 6570 then we could start considering this.

(for those who can't count day 6570 is 18 years)

manekemaan said:
I personally think that having a kid within one mod is near impossible to make unrealistic. If anyone of you reaches game day 6570 then we could start considering this.

That is why I said to change the time/date system, because you can decide how many months are in a year, and how many days are in a month

Balindo said:
manekemaan said:

That is why I said to change the time/date system, because you can decide how many months are in a year, and how many days are in a month
Changing the ime like that can really mess up quests and other time based events.

Hey i am actually new to this forum so please don't be too harsh  :grin:

I think it should be connected with some opportunity that new lords could appear, I don't know nothing of the engine so this might be impossible or just stupid.
But i think it would be cool that if you kill a lord, a generic engine would create some new after some time.

Yeah I know sounds pretty dumb, I'm feel already sorry for posting this  :oops:

Still thanks for reading it.

Teronius said:
Hey i am actually new to this forum so please don't be too harsh  :grin:

I think it should be connected with some opportunity that new lords could appear, I don't know nothing of the engine so this might be impossible or just stupid.
But i think it would be cool that if you kill a lord, a generic engine would create some new after some time.

Yeah I know sounds pretty dumb, I'm feel already sorry for posting this  :oops:

Still thanks for reading it.
This is what I would like to do. I think I've found a way to do this but there would have to be a limit to how many times this would happen. Also the lords will have to be premade. This is a system that can successfully work. I would be nice to see more lords come into the fold just like hiring away lords work. The community will also be able to make there own lords.

That would be epic  :grin:
:mrgreen: dude you're a god I'm sry I thought this was impossible for you  :sad:

thanks for the fast answer i love you're mod and where it is going. This could become one of the best mods ever  :smile:

Teronius said:
That would be epic  :grin:
:mrgreen: dude you're a god I'm sry I thought this was impossible for you  :sad:

thanks for the fast answer i love you're mod and where it is going. This could become one of the best mods ever  :smile:
Thanks, I just need to pick up my modding pace again. I'm always coming up with new ideas, finding out a way to implement them in-game is the tricky part.

Comrade Temuzu said:
No. Optional only. If you want it, just turn it on.

This.
I like when you make it close to reality... but NOT THAT close though...
It is a game, not reality.  :razz:

Balindo said:
These are my ideas that I posted for a different mod.  I don't know if they will be any help.

4.Civil War: What happens if the King dies in battle, or just of old age? What if some of the lords don't wish for the king's son/daughter to become the new leader? Well, then their will be a civil war. Their will need to be at least 3 lords with lands who support a higher ranked lord.  The higher lord who wishes to become the new king, must have at least a city, and have some support, like I said before. When this happens, the entire kingdom will divide, depending on which lords support who. Also, the names will change, like if the Antarian Empire is divided, one side maybe called the The Antarian Loyalists , and the other The Antarian Resistance. This can also be done by the PC, if he passes all the requirments above.

These are only my ideas, and I am not a modder, so I dont know if you can do this. Thank you!!!

Succession wars sound like a neat idea. But I'm just pointing out that the Loyalists sound good, but "resistance" isn't really the term that fits here, since it's the rebelling faction that is the aggressor here. More like "usurper" / "pretender" vs loyalists.

Considering permadeath for lords, I'm for it AS LONG as the lords can be replaced, and that would require a generator, and I'm not sure if that is quite that possible in the M&B warband engine. Player death (without heir system) that will inevitably result in the abrupt ending of the game in my opinion, is intentional save-game corruption. It will not force a player to think strategically, but it will force a player to backup his saves. : P

My 5 cents.

Computica said:
Permanent Death!  :twisted: Not just for you but for the lords also! Meaning end game!!! :twisted: FUFUFUFUFU...

Tell me how you feel about it...  :cool:

A great idea but definitely optional.

However I would think it be cool if when selected to give the AI has a chance to recruit a New Lord to take up the former Lords position? or maybe the Son of the lord?

edit: just noticed Teronius posted same thing as I did here but cool on the reply to it :smile:  Also I was wondering if there is chance to be able to recruit Lords for players kingdom via the minister? I have been trying to find the NPC in Towns but I have only been able to find 2 so far :sad:

Keisari said:
Balindo said:

Succession wars sound like a neat idea. But I'm just pointing out that the Loyalists sound good, but "resistance" isn't really the term that fits here, since it's the rebelling faction that is the aggressor here. More like "usurper" / "pretender" vs loyalists.

Considering permadeath for lords, I'm for it AS LONG as the lords can be replaced, and that would require a generator, and I'm not sure if that is quite that possible in the M&B warband engine. Player death (without heir system) that will inevitably result in the abrupt ending of the game in my opinion, is intentional save-game corruption. It will not force a player to think strategically, but it will force a player to backup his saves. : P

My 5 cents.

on the long run warband is always self destructive, in the end every king just ends up with one lord because the rest is banned from calradia :p

It should be optional as not everybody would like it, but some of us, like me - would love it. There should be quite small chance of dying although not that small, around 1:5 - 1:10, so that you'd be worried about dying if you're being wounded too often.

One in ten chance? Geez games will end quickly on realistic.

In my opinion, warband campaign is designed to go on practically indefinitely until one faction conquers all the others, so, in my opinion, any feature added should not compromise this. In other words, I'm just wondering what happens when all the pre-made lords run out?
Lords will just slowly die until it's just kings dueling each other? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom