Permanent Death?

Should a chance of permanent death for the player and AI lords occur?

• Yes.

Votes: 91 17.6%
  • No.

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • It should be optional.

Votes: 285 55.2%
  • Yes, but only for lords.

Votes: 67 13.0%
  • Yes, but make the chances of dying very slim.

Votes: 49 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

dude24oak said:
What if you had a son that would take from that point, like the 'Asleep lords' and be able to name him? That way if you die, as a king, he could replace you(Play as him)??
You just have to wait until day 6,148 for him to come of age...

The timescale is too brisk for multi-generational dynastic planning.

Daedelus_McGee said:
dude24oak said:
What if you had a son that would take from that point, like the 'Asleep lords' and be able to name him? That way if you die, as a king, he could replace you(Play as him)??

I 2nd that.

Computica said:
Daedelus_McGee said:
dude24oak said:

I 2nd that.

Its not impossible though.

For a start the game speed could be sped up on the campaign map (to take a term off of total war), but equally quests increased in duration proportionally so that the result is the possibility of generations existing within a game while they still are admittedly long. Also, winter... the months of winter are not for campaigning. During winter if you own a town or fief you could super speed up time and have the option to stop the supper speed if enemies are seen, and it default stops if there is an attack. The AI could be tweaked as not to engage in wars over winter although single lords may do. There is a 60-70% penalty on travel speed during winter, armies suffer moral loss during travel outside of towns (Representing winter attrition if there are not many supplies to keep them happy). Towns suffer a 50% production loss and fiefs a 75% production loss (derp as farming suffers in winter derp) so less can be done. On the brighter side you have the option to "Disband" your forces during the winter and have them on lower pay, and you can mobilise the entire force again at any time, taking 24 hours to do so. Bandits and the like are fewer and deserters are non-existent (what a stupid thing to do... no knave would desert when they are getting paid to do **** all).

Effectively a year hence forth consists of 273 days of action and 92 days of winter where the rare bandit infestation must be dealt with; assuming each season is 91 days and winter an extra 1 day long at 92.

I'm rambling :razz:
Ignore this at ones own will :roll:

Sorry folks, I don't have time atm to read all the previous posts but ill give my opinion.

Yes, but it should be optional.

However I find that in other mods (only lords can die but you executing them as a prisoner) if you kill a Lord practically everyone hates you or you lose massive amounts of relations from both guilds, lords and factions. It renders the feature useless although half of it makes sense.

I would prefer that you make conditions where you may have the right to kill a Lord (but rare) and you do not suffer a massive backlash. In fact possibly gain good relations from some guilds and people. I would like the murder of enemy faction lords to be a strategy like it is for Medieval Total War 2. And the idea of hiring an assassin is always to my liking :wink:

What would happen is maybe you can choose to have a spouse and a child that is in his teens? And he can be like... your companion, but when the story starts... That would be ass of the bad.

Chezzlor said:
However I find that in other mods (only lords can die but you executing them as a prisoner) if you kill a Lord practically everyone hates you or you lose massive amounts of relations from both guilds, lords and factions. It renders the feature useless although half of it makes sense.
TBH that always felt like having a feature that no one uses. Didn't SoD for M&B have that? Execute and lose tons of honor and relations all around?

Dying oneself is pretty annoying tho, since inevitably one will always remember that one Marianan Bolt, Villanese Arrow or Antarian Angon that got ya...

(Of course i assume it would take forever to kill a faction to death. Like if you killed all its lords and their replacements, what happens then? The game doesn't allow you to generate new lords, only spawn the "sleeping" ones, right?)

Permenent death should be OPTIONAL for those who like the most hard core elite type of games. (not me). It should be very very rare for AI lords in field / siege battles, but possible if the option is turned on. I like the idea of sleeper lords being on "standby" incase a regular lord is killed, because lets face it, we cant depopulate the lords of the realm too much, or the game will become uninteresting. Also, IMO kings should never randomly die, but you should be able to kill a king and ignite a civil war.

Back
Top Bottom