In Progress Perks which decrease party food consumption also decrease, and even might stop completely, Steward xp gains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

CptMuppet

Sergeant
Summary: Hello, I have found a potential bug/design issue. Steward xp gains are based on party food consumption which leads to slower Steward leveling if party leader and quartermaster have food-consumption-decreasing perks. Especially the last one in Steward skill tree which makes leveling Steward slower the higher Steward level gets. Other skills are the opposite of this, they are helping to get more xp when you level them up. That makes me believe it is a bug instead of an intended design choice.

Perks which affect party food consumption:
- "Foragers" at Scouting level 175,
- "Promises" at Roguery level 100,
- "Spartan" at Athletics level 250,
- "Spartan" at Steward level 25,
- "Stiff Upper Lip" at Steward level 75,
- "Sound Reserves" at Steward level 175.
- "Price of Loyality" at Steward level 275.

Also, in the right situation you can achieve 0 food consumption if you have specific perks and high enough Steward level. For example when you are besieging a settlement while being in an army, and you have "Spartan" perk in Athletics skill tree, all four listed Steward perks and at least Steward level 300. In that situation it seems like the game hadles food consumption itself without a problem and with a proper feedback to the player, which suggests it is a design choice, but it also stops giving steward xp for the quartermaster of the party, which on the other hand feels not right.

This issue could be fixed by basing Steward xp gains on party size and prisoners nubmer instead of basing it on party food consumption.

I am sending my save file with all mentioned perks but "Foragers" just waiting to be picked.

How to Reproduce: Use my save file and compare Steward xp gain for my quartermaster Aitheen before and after choosing perks listed earlier in the post.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No, I have not used any cheats.
Scene Name (if related): Campaign map.
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 472.12
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe

Hello, i have been informed that the devs are aware and working on this issue. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

This is how the steward skill always worked. In 1.8 that was fixed and perks decreasing food consumption no longer slow exp gains. But as I said this was always the case as Strat Gaming verified these results. Lok at the 4:20 mark

Back
Top Bottom