Perks? what is this Cod4?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not a fan of the perk system and i feel just leaving perks out of it may be the better approach. How can competitive players like this idea at all?
Your ingame success should not be based on what perks you choose but instead what item you use and how good you are with it.
When a player ingame who is playing infantry happens to get on a horse he just happend to find, he is already limited becasue he doesnt have the correct perks. Your ingame success should not be based off of perks but your actually skill in game

I'm not a fan of the perk system and i feel just leaving perks out of it may be the better approach. How can competitive players like this idea at all?
Your ingame success should not be based on what perks you choose but instead what item you use and how good you are with it.
When a player ingame who is playing infantry happens to get on a horse he just happend to find, he is already limited becasue he doesnt have the correct perks. Your ingame success should not be based off of perks but your actually skill in game
I understand what you mean by this, but even if the execution is far from good, the actual idea behind it isn't bad. It's the choice between getting a good item at spawn and getting stats that can be rewarding if you manage to loot yourself some better equipmen (Typically for inf it's just getting a spear). I find the choice tough sometimes, so for me that is a sign the system is sort of working as intended. I didn't agree with general proficiency difference either when I started it out, but since I understood that it's a necessary evil. If people aren't forced into roles, it will promote a meta where everything is some kind of hybrid-play cluster****.

I understand what you mean by this, but even if the execution is far from good, the actual idea behind it isn't bad. It's the choice between getting a good item at spawn and getting stats that can be rewarding if you manage to loot yourself some better equipmen (Typically for inf it's just getting a spear). I find the choice tough sometimes, so for me that is a sign the system is sort of working as intended. I didn't agree with general proficiency difference either when I started it out, but since I understood that it's a necessary evil. If people aren't forced into roles, it will promote a meta where everything is some kind of hybrid-play cluster****.
The idea limits players and forces them to pick and choose what benfits they have wile in the field. All items in game should have there own stats. Leave it up to the player to find out what he is best with.

The idea limits players and forces them to pick and choose what benfits they have wile in the field. All items in game should have there own stats. Leave it up to the player to find out what he is best with.
I feel like you're mixing perks and class-specific stats together into one pot even though these are completely seperate discussions. You certainly can't make it all equal. The problem is that on the top level, some people have really diverse skillsets. If you're going to make all characters equal and have everything depend on item stats, modes like skirmish will be a complete mess. Games will be decided by what you managed to pick up early on, and every skirmish late-game will involve infs running around with bows or crossbows bunkering up next to flags. That's not my idea of fun.

I feel like you're mixing perks and class-specific stats together into one pot even though these are completely seperate discussions. You certainly can't make it all equal. The problem is that on the top level, some people have really diverse skillsets. If you're going to make all characters equal and have everything depend on item stats, modes like skirmish will be a complete mess. Games will be decided by what you managed to pick up early on, and every skirmish late-game will involve infs running around with bows or crossbows bunkering up next to flags. That's not my idea of fun.
Again your ingame experiences when playing said mode should only be based on your skill in game and not this perk system that give you whatever benfits you choose. Everyone should should be able to ride a horse the same speed/same damage applied when using it.

Again your ingame experiences when playing said mode should only be based on your skill in game and not this perk system that give you whatever benfits you choose. Everyone should should be able to ride a horse the same speed/same damage applied when using it.
No. They should not. That's a horrible idea and you don't know what you're asking for.

Balance = Even playing field

No. They should not. That's a horrible idea and you don't know what you're asking for.
you cant understand what im saying

how can the game be balanced when you got Perks that create an artificial wall for some plus benfits ingame for others?

i don't like this movement stats difference very much. a 2hand class with it's movment speed buff can pull out some weird kill in a very very surprising way. i dont like surprises in skirmish mode when you play for the win. i take mount and blade a serious take of the melee game, like team fight with shield wall instead of 5 2hand chopping through everything. if i wanna fun like that i try other game out there. it generally has better graphic and fluid gameplay, and same level of community toxicity lol

Back
Top Bottom