In Progress Perks not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Mppqlmd

Regular
That's it, really. Perks are just not implemented in the game (apart from a few, like the ones raising HP), and it kinda kills the purpose of character progression. Is it intentionnal (as in : not implemented yet, and you've set it for later), or just a bugging feature ?

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work :smile:

If these don't then I assume, many others don't either.

Trait confirmed not to work.

Mounted Archery trait: allowing any bow to be used on horseman.
Mounted Crossbows: allowing reloading on horseback
Disciplinarian for turning bandits into normal troops

Okay, i'll list perks that i have obtained in game and say if they are working or not :

- 1 handed :
-- Extra Hp : working
- 2 handed :
-- Extra HP : working
-- Reduced wage : not working
-- Power basher : unsure
- Polearms :
-- Extra hp : working
-- Standard bearer : unsure
-- Horse killer : not working
-- Lancer : not working
- Bow :
-- Marksman : unsure
-- Faster aim : unsure
-- Forest hunter: not working (or food tooltip does not notify it)
-- Large quiver : not working
- Riding :
-- Vigorous : unsure
-- Spare arrows : not working
-- Squires : not working
-- Cavalry : unsure
-- Bow expert : not working
- Athletics :
-- Extra arrows : not working
-- Ranged training : unsure
- Smithing :
-- Charcoal maker : working
-- Curious smelter : unsure
- Scouting :
-- Night vision : not working (or not notified by tooltip)
-- Navigator : not working
-- Investigator : unsure
- Tactics :
-- Companion cavalry : unsure
-- Tactical superiority : unsure
-- One step ahead : not working
- Roguery :
-- Eye for loot : unsure
-- Commanding presence : unsure
-- For the thrill : not working
- Charm :
-- Ice breaker : working (but bugged, as it works on every NPC and not only nobles)
- Leadership :
-- Raise the meek : unsure
-- Staur defender : unsure
- Trade :
-- Appraiser : working
- Steward :
-- Supreme authority : not working
-- Prominence : not working
-- Warmonger : unsure
-- Bannerlord : not working
- Medecine :
-- Preventive medecine : working
-- Walk it off : not working (at least by tooltip)

I didn't put a lot of work into testing every "unsure" scenario, but the ones with "not working" i can guarantee that they have no effect on the game, and there are many of them.

I think too that they are simply not implemented yet. Merely a showcase purpose. Can live with that for the moment. Cant really imagine how could this bypass the internal test otherwise. At least for simple ones which are very easily checked. Like quivers. +1 influence etc.

I have a guess thar they did not play their own product even in developers families or they had a hope that nobody would notice the absence of influence of perks or get so quickly to perks they had not implemented) (apologise for poor english :smile: )

It's really strange that some advanced stuff works (like disciplinarian or everything can be sold) but the +3 arrows don't.

I just assumed they put in brainstorming ideas as placeholders for many of these perks (you can see this is likely, because some of the advanced perks just have generic names with question marks in some cases); I'm fine with this although it would be nice for them to publish a list (I bet team working these know which are actually implemented and which arent) of the ones that actually work. I don't think very many of the perks at this point actually work. I've seen mods that implement some of them if you are really frustrated.

Not all of the perks are working yet. That said, on Beta 1.1.0, I have seen more perks activate such as the Trade perk that color-codes profits.

It would be helpful to know the working status of each perk, but it's not going to change my mind on what I pick. As with all things Early Access, go in with the assumption that not every feature is fully pushed out yet--even if it's not communicated.

If it helps to understand why not all perks are in yet, it's probably something like this:
  • Unlike an MMORPG where unlocking a new spell is crucial to your 'build,' perks are a 'nice-to-have.' Your character was fine leveling up without the desired perk and when they're all in, then you'll be marginally better off.
  • In software development/program management, everything has a different priority. Even though perks are considered as part of the basics, they compete for time with getting other more important things right.
  • It's likely there is fine-tuning happening before individual perks are released. Ex: If telemetry shows nobody is selecting a certain perk, consider cutting it and replacing it with another. Or re-order perks as needed.

Okay, i'll list perks that i have obtained in game and say if they are working or not :

- 1 handed :
-- Extra Hp : working
- 2 handed :
-- Extra HP : working
-- Reduced wage : not working
-- Power basher : unsure
- Polearms :
-- Extra hp : working
-- Standard bearer : unsure
-- Horse killer : not working
-- Lancer : not working
- Bow :
-- Marksman : unsure
-- Faster aim : unsure
-- Forest hunter: not working (or food tooltip does not notify it)
-- Large quiver : not working
- Riding :
-- Vigorous : unsure
-- Spare arrows : not working
-- Squires : not working
-- Cavalry : unsure
-- Bow expert : not working
- Athletics :
-- Extra arrows : not working
-- Ranged training : unsure
- Smithing :
-- Charcoal maker : working
-- Curious smelter : unsure
- Scouting :
-- Night vision : not working (or not notified by tooltip)
-- Navigator : not working
-- Investigator : unsure
- Tactics :
-- Companion cavalry : unsure
-- Tactical superiority : unsure
-- One step ahead : not working
- Roguery :
-- Eye for loot : unsure
-- Commanding presence : unsure
-- For the thrill : not working
- Charm :
-- Ice breaker : working (but bugged, as it works on every NPC and not only nobles)
- Leadership :
-- Raise the meek : unsure
-- Staur defender : unsure
- Trade :
-- Appraiser : working
- Steward :
-- Supreme authority : not working
-- Prominence : not working
-- Warmonger : unsure
-- Bannerlord : not working
- Medecine :
-- Preventive medecine : working
-- Walk it off : not working (at least by tooltip)

I didn't put a lot of work into testing every "unsure" scenario, but the ones with "not working" i can guarantee that they have no effect on the game, and there are many of them.
This needs to be adressed to the devs! Many perks are either broken or not working at all.

@Callum please, address this list to the devs.

Seriously, among all the fixes they have been doing, I really don't understand why perks haven't been fixed yet. There is a mod called community patch that attempts to fix many of the broken perks already, it could be something as simple as trying to see what those modders did and incorporate it into an official release, this really should be of high priority as the perks significantly affects gameplay. if the modders can figure out how to do it it should be even easier for the devs to implement all the perk fixes...

I've just seen this issue after buying noble long bow to rape enemies with Ablette the Aserai. Hope it will be fixed soon even if the tier 6 horse bow is already great

Sadly I said it on other topics like in steam that already modders fixed many of the perks nearly day 1 and for me as an rpg fan I think skills and perks are very important. Hopefully the Devs get a Move on fixing those asap.

I AM agreeing with everyone here that:

#1.) We need a response from Taleworlds regarding the status of Perks, and...

#2.) It would be a great to have a running list from Taleworlds as to which perks work, which don't, and what their plans are on for fixing/implementing them, (much like the "Unresolved Issues" list.)

*#3.) It would also be nice to have UI Elements on the Skills # Breakdown pages of the "Character" Tab that confirms the effects of selected perks, as well as updated tooltips on effected stats, [EX. +1 Influence from "Prominence" Perk when hovering over Influence AI, or +1 Ammo from "Fully Armed" perk when hovering over a bag of Javelins.] *This is more so a "would be nice" type of deal at the moment as opposed to absolutely needed.

What I DON'T agree here with is how people are playing it off as "It's just Early Access" or "Perks aren't really that important." As a Sandbox/RPG game, having CORE MECHANICS as SIMPLE as PERKS not working/implemented are pretty unacceptable at this stage of both development and release. Character Progression is an absolute core part of the game and experience, and although I appreciate the changes made to the leveling up systems and XP requirements for Player & Troops (to make much less grindy,) these efforts have NO POINT if people are working towards leveling things that won't have any significant effect on game-play (aside from the tiny innate stat boosts Skills give you in things that, HELL I don't even know are working either!) [EX. If the Perks aren't working, how do we even really know that your +% Damage and Speed you've been grinding in One-Handed is even applying?]

The Perks not working is literally one of the biggest things that is holding me back from diving into playing again until they are fixed. Although I absolutely appreciate Taleworlds fixing big issues like Crashes, Performance Boosts, Combat AI, Battle/Siege AI, etc. (and although I don't know about Taleworld's Dev Team/Departments/Workflow/Priorities,) a PROPERLY working PERK SYSTEM to me at least seems to me like it should be much higher up on the priority list. I just don't feel like playing; or feel like I can enjoy a game that doesn't reward that skill grinding time/leveling up effort. It makes both of those things feel worthless. It also makes character build variety (one of the BIGGEST draws to replay-ability and Role-Playing) feel absolutely worthless as well.

I don't mean to complain; but I just feel that this is a super important system that should be fixed, (and it seems like it is something that can be fixed much quicker while adding much more value to the game as opposed to some of the larger grand-scheme changes ya'll are making.

Regardless, keep up the good work!

I AM agreeing with everyone here that:

#1.) We need a response from Taleworlds regarding the status of Perks, and...

#2.) It would be a great to have a running list from Taleworlds as to which perks work, which don't, and what their plans are on for fixing/implementing them, (much like the "Unresolved Issues" list.)

*#3.) It would also be nice to have UI Elements on the Skills # Breakdown pages of the "Character" Tab that confirms the effects of selected perks, as well as updated tooltips on effected stats, [EX. +1 Influence from "Prominence" Perk when hovering over Influence AI, or +1 Ammo from "Fully Armed" perk when hovering over a bag of Javelins.] *This is more so a "would be nice" type of deal at the moment as opposed to absolutely needed.

What I DON'T agree here with is how people are playing it off as "It's just Early Access" or "Perks aren't really that important." As a Sandbox/RPG game, having CORE MECHANICS as SIMPLE as PERKS not working/implemented are pretty unacceptable at this stage of both development and release. Character Progression is an absolute core part of the game and experience, and although I appreciate the changes made to the leveling up systems and XP requirements for Player & Troops (to make much less grindy,) these efforts have NO POINT if people are working towards leveling things that won't have any significant effect on game-play (aside from the tiny innate stat boosts Skills give you in things that, HELL I don't even know are working either!) [EX. If the Perks aren't working, how do we even really know that your +% Damage and Speed you've been grinding in One-Handed is even applying?]

The Perks not working is literally one of the biggest things that is holding me back from diving into playing again until they are fixed. Although I absolutely appreciate Taleworlds fixing big issues like Crashes, Performance Boosts, Combat AI, Battle/Siege AI, etc. (and although I don't know about Taleworld's Dev Team/Departments/Workflow/Priorities,) a PROPERLY working PERK SYSTEM to me at least seems to me like it should be much higher up on the priority list. I just don't feel like playing; or feel like I can enjoy a game that doesn't reward that skill grinding time/leveling up effort. It makes both of those things feel worthless. It also makes character build variety (one of the BIGGEST draws to replay-ability and Role-Playing) feel absolutely worthless as well.

I don't mean to complain; but I just feel that this is a super important system that should be fixed, (and it seems like it is something that can be fixed much quicker while adding much more value to the game as opposed to some of the larger grand-scheme changes ya'll are making.

Regardless, keep up the good work!

Very good, thanks for your summary. Appreciate it. Is there a way to ask a dev or somebody know how in correct manner get a reply of a dev in this thread? I am new in this forum and don't got much knowledge if it is ok to maybe link or mention a community manager/dev.

Back
Top Bottom