In Progress Perks not working

Users who are viewing this thread

It's early access people, meaning ti would be like an Alpha, or early closed beta to other games. Perks are being worked in order and most are being re-done with additional perks to go with them, it appears they are doing one attributes worth each major patch so control(archery, crossbow, throwing) will be next.

I AM agreeing with everyone here that:

#1.) We need a response from Taleworlds regarding the status of Perks, and...

#2.) It would be a great to have a running list from Taleworlds as to which perks work, which don't, and what their plans are on for fixing/implementing them, (much like the "Unresolved Issues" list.)

*#3.) It would also be nice to have UI Elements on the Skills # Breakdown pages of the "Character" Tab that confirms the effects of selected perks, as well as updated tooltips on effected stats, [EX. +1 Influence from "Prominence" Perk when hovering over Influence AI, or +1 Ammo from "Fully Armed" perk when hovering over a bag of Javelins.] *This is more so a "would be nice" type of deal at the moment as opposed to absolutely needed.

What I DON'T agree here with is how people are playing it off as "It's just Early Access" or "Perks aren't really that important." As a Sandbox/RPG game, having CORE MECHANICS as SIMPLE as PERKS not working/implemented are pretty unacceptable at this stage of both development and release. Character Progression is an absolute core part of the game and experience, and although I appreciate the changes made to the leveling up systems and XP requirements for Player & Troops (to make much less grindy,) these efforts have NO POINT if people are working towards leveling things that won't have any significant effect on game-play (aside from the tiny innate stat boosts Skills give you in things that, HELL I don't even know are working either!) [EX. If the Perks aren't working, how do we even really know that your +% Damage and Speed you've been grinding in One-Handed is even applying?]

The Perks not working is literally one of the biggest things that is holding me back from diving into playing again until they are fixed. Although I absolutely appreciate Taleworlds fixing big issues like Crashes, Performance Boosts, Combat AI, Battle/Siege AI, etc. (and although I don't know about Taleworld's Dev Team/Departments/Workflow/Priorities,) a PROPERLY working PERK SYSTEM to me at least seems to me like it should be much higher up on the priority list. I just don't feel like playing; or feel like I can enjoy a game that doesn't reward that skill grinding time/leveling up effort. It makes both of those things feel worthless. It also makes character build variety (one of the BIGGEST draws to replay-ability and Role-Playing) feel absolutely worthless as well.

I don't mean to complain; but I just feel that this is a super important system that should be fixed, (and it seems like it is something that can be fixed much quicker while adding much more value to the game as opposed to some of the larger grand-scheme changes ya'll are making.

Regardless, keep up the good work!
+100000000 here.

1. Apparently someone's already keeping track on what perks are working or not, you can check them out here:

2. I don't mind an early access game having lots (even a majority) of features not working or implemented, after all, I voluntarily made the purchase. BUT, dear devs (and this should be forwarded to someone):
We can be your game testers, for free even. BUT, don't forget that all of us paid FULL price. And we're NOT your game testers...we're people who have to sweat and work for our money, too, but we SUPPORT you.

If you can't even be bothered for a day to make simple things (such as arrows +3, party size +1, etc.) work, or EVEN TELL US what's not implemented yet, I may soon stop helping out because you're just treating us as unpaid testers while expecting your actual "customers" after release.

Besides, all this confusion is adding more work to forum moderators as well. Ask MP players for MB balance and stuff, but do ask/listen to SP players for SP stuff!

It's early access people, meaning ti would be like an Alpha, or early closed beta to other games. Perks are being worked in order and most are being re-done with additional perks to go with them, it appears they are doing one attributes worth each major patch so control(archery, crossbow, throwing) will be next.

There was an alpha and closed beta already, this is clearly supposed to be more than this, which it isn't really. TW should have called it it extended open beta or something like that :grin:

Back
Top Bottom