Perk Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Maybe someone should make a perk suggestion thread, either here or in the feedback & suggestions subforum. I have seen almost no suggestions for perk ideas, even though it is such a hot topic.

TaleWorlds has to design as many 600-700 perk effects to fill out the tree, so I'm sure they would appreciate any ideas, especially if people would like every single one to be unique or consequential.

Throwing:
  • Primus Pilum: Thrown polearms ignore shields.
  • Toss-up: 15% reduction in accuracy, 15% increase in readying speed, 35% increase in damage.
  • Everything Lines Up: 30% increase in accuracy, 15% increase in readying speed.
  • Jinete: Velocity bonus to damage increased by 25% when on horseback.
  • Peltast: Projectile velocity and accuracy increased by 30% on foot.

Riding:
  • Steady Saddle: Reduces chance of being dismounted on hit by 50%.
  • A Fine Pedigree: Breed horses once a year for a random selection of attributes between the two parents.
  • Riding Atop Four Maces: Stationary or reared horses will kick at nearby enemies.
  • Secretariat: Horse gains 5% top speed for every second spent galloping in a straight line, up to 50%

Athletics:
  • Ironclad: Armor weight penalty reduced by 25%.
  • Double-quilted: 30% increase in protection from piercing and blunt damage.

Scouting:
  • Known Itinerary: Movement bonus from roads increased by 50%.
  • Throw Them Off: Pursuing enemies within half of party sight range take a 10% penalty to movement speed.
  • On Their Heels: Pursued enemies within half of party sight range take a 5% movement speed penalty.
  • The Fat of the Land: +2 food variety in forests, marshes and plains during non-winter seasons.
  • Saddle Jerky: 10% party movement speed bonus, -4 food variety penalty.
  • Moonlight Ranger: When both Forest and Nighttime penalties are present, their collective effect is reduced by 30%.
  • We're Just Travelers: Track information increased by two levels around villages and towns.

Tactics:
  • Retinue Foresters: Aiming time reduced by 50% and accuracy increased by 15% on forest maps for tier 3 and higher ranged troops.
  • Knee to Knee: Speed required for couched lance attack reduced by 25% and charge damage doubled for tier 4 and higher cavalry.
  • The People's Champion: Tier 3 and lower troops gain +60 melee skill and +10 morale.
  • Equestrian Tastes: Cavalry gain +30 melee skill on plains, steppes or desert maps. -10 morale penalty on forest, hills, marshes or siege maps.
  • What is Your Profession?: Tier 4 and higher infantry gain 50% bonus to polearm and one-handed damage in shieldwall formation.
  • Momento Morat: Two-handed polearm infantry gain 35% reduction to arrow damage and +30 Athletics.
  • Assault Column: 30% bonus to troop count at battle start.
  • Riding At The Head: Player chooses which troops deploy first.
  • Surprise Escalade: Player can initiate an assault at 25% siege camp construction with a 50% penalty to troop count during the assault.

Roguery:
  • Omar Comin': 10% movement speed bonus when following the tracks of a bandit party.
  • Rip and Run: Plunder and loot from bandit encounters doubled.
  • Traitors Within: Bribe or persuade notable within a settlement to leave the gate open during an assault.
  • Strip Mining: 50% faster raids with a 75% penalty to loot and plunder.
  • Sending a Message: Double the amount of hearths destroyed per raid, 50% penalty to raid speed, no loot gained.

I'm aware many of these would have some pretty severe synergy with others on this list. Yes, it would probably make the player and well-built companions a bit overpowered in comparison to some of the lords. That is -- in part -- the point of the whole exercise to me. But I think most offer a good choice in how to build that would at least influence, if not define, a player's playstyle in ways that are immediately obvious. And since you get a choice in the matter, it would be fairly interesting.

Now, with that said, I'm not even going to pretend a lot of this is balanced against other choices so the Skyrim Stealth Archer problem is going to be real. A few of these have downsides to compensate for being awesome in their own way. It probably isn't enough. But we should start from the point of interesting, meaningful and significant perks, then adjust from there as necessary.

I'm not going to put these into the feedback and suggestions forum without input from other people because I want to know how other people feel about them and/or offer their own suggestions.

Last edited:
Throwing:
  • Primus Pilum: Thrown polearms ignore shields. *Throwing weapons already do enough damage so erm nope.*
  • Toss-up: 50% reduction in accuracy, 15% increase in readying speed, 35% increase in damage.
  • Everything Lines Up: 30% increase in accuracy, 15% increase in projectile speed.
  • Jinete: Velocity bonus to damage increased by 25% when on horseback.
  • Peltast: Projectile velocity and accuracy increased by 30% on foot.

Riding:
  • Steady Saddle: Reduces chance of being dismounted on hit by 50%.
  • A Fine Pedigree: Breed horses once a year for a random selection of attributes between the two parents.
  • Riding Atop Four Maces: Stationary or reared horses will kick at nearby enemies. Warhorses only!
  • Secretariat: Horse gains 5% top speed for every second spent galloping in a straight line, up to 50%. You believe riding a horse over distances increases speed? More like stamina which not something this game has for horses.

Athletics:
  • Ironclad: Armor weight penalty reduced by 25%. Is chaste from wearing armour all the time so no kids allowed. Also cannot enter towns as would feel naked without their armour!
  • Double-quilted: 30% increase in protection from piercing and blunt damage. Please devs just fix armour so it works properly.

Scouting:
  • Known Itinerary: Movement bonus from roads increased by 50%.
  • Throw Them Off: Pursuing enemies within half of party sight range take a 10% penalty to movement speed.
  • On Their Heels: Pursued enemies within half of party sight range take a 10% movement speed penalty.
  • The Fat of the Land: +1 food variety in forests, marshes and plains during non-winter seasons.
  • Saddle Jerky: 10% party movement speed bonus, -2 food variety penalty.
  • Moonlight Ranger: When both Forest and Nighttime penalties are present, their collective effect is reduced by 30%. During daylight hours when on plains or grassland reduce visibilty range by 30% as they are blinded by sunlight.

Tactics:
  • Retinue Foresters: Aiming time reduced by 20% and accuracy increased by 10% on forest maps for all ranged troops.
  • What is Your Profession?: Tier 4 and higher infantry gain 50% bonus to polearm and one-handed damage in shieldwall formation.
  • Riding At The Head: Player chooses which troops deploy first. Player deploys 200m in front of his own troops.
  • Surprise Escalade: Player can initiate an assault at 25% siege camp construction with a 50% penalty to troop count during the assault.

Roguery:
  • Omar Comin': 10% movement speed bonus when following the tracks of a bandit party.
  • Rip and Run: Plunder and loot from bandit encounters doubled.
  • Sending a Message: Double the amount of hearths destroyed per raid, 50% penalty to raid speed, no loot gained.

200m puts you behind the enemy on battle sizes less than 40 men.
Bad position to be in :grin:

A good general knows to command his men from behind.
A great general knows when to charge in to the front lines to bolster them.
A crazy general says what the hell are you talking about and plummets straight through the enemies lines!

Zanbatō
Two handed: Killing a mount with a two handed weapon cut has (small) chance to kill the rider.
( I would include swinging 2 handed polearms but have it be on the two handed tree for cross-perk utility incentive)

William Marshal (Or take them by the reigns)
Roguery: chance to capture a neutral lord you knock out in a tournament

Bad Influence
Roguery: Your routed enemies become deserter parties.

Stockholm syndrome

Charm: Your prisoners have chance to get +relations with you.

Souvenir
Roguery: Small chance of defeated lord dropping a personal weapon in loot.

Momento (or take it off :smile: )
Roguery: Small chance of a defeated lord dropping a personal armor in loot

Ymira
Medicine: After a victory heroes recover 15% of lost HP. (this is trainer skill from warband, could have multiple perks)

Jeremus
Medicine: Your first casualty of a successful battle is miraculously recovered by somebody.....

Lezalit
Tactics: If your party includes vlandian cavalry, battanian archers, trurgian infantry and Khuzait Horse archers you get +10% advantage in AC battle (or something actually good instead lol)

Good stuff. Thanks for throwing this together!

Here are my contributions. The first one is from a post I made a few months back:

Stewardship:
  • Census - The number of available recruits in a settlement is shown on the tooltip from afar.
  • Neighborhood Watch - Destroying bandit parties gives double the Security gains to nearby settlements.
Throwing:
  • Francisca - Throwing axes have a chance to bounce when they hit the ground and deal reduced damage.
Roguery:
  • Guerrilla - Enemy settlements are alerted to your presence at only half the normal distance (5 instead of 10).
  • Brigand - Destroying caravan and villager parties causes triple the Security losses to nearby settlements.
Leadership:
  • Soldiers of Fortune - Mercenaries are 20% cheaper to recruit and deal 5% more damage in battle.

(Omar Comin' lol)

Last edited:
Here are some ideas I have. I don't want to limit where they might go as there could be multiple places, but here are the ideas.

- Heavy Draw (Archers shooting range is increased by 20%)
- Deflect (Infantry units have a 20% change to deflect enemy arrows, nullifying damage)

- Hammered Horses (Mounted units gain +20% horse hit points)
- On the fly (Mounted units gain 20% speed bonus on horseback)

- Dismount trainer (Player and Companions recover more quickly if dismounted)
- Mount trainer (Player and Companions are able to call unmounted horses)

- Grizzly sight (enemy units lose morale and have chance to flee when player is near)
- Attractive Target (enemy lords will target the player over other units)

-Pillager (20% loot bonus from raids and sieges)
-Purveyor (20% loot bonus from open map battles)

My suggestions:
appropriate attire
charm: your charm in settlements is increased based on the price of your civilian outfit

Ambush
Scouting: Briefly standing still on the world map diminishes your visibility and food consumption

blockade
Tactics: Food consumption of settlements you siege is increased by 30%

just climb!
engineer: your units climb ladders 50% faster

Harsh lesson
Leadership: allows you to face against your own units to train them (warband training grounds style) (still dont know how it would work considering there is no ''take an action'' button)

my favorites:
Surprise Escalade: Player can initiate an assault at 25% siege camp construction with a 50% penalty to troop count during the assault.
Traitors Within: Bribe or persuade notable within a settlement to leave the gate open during an assault.
Sending a Message: Double the amount of hearths destroyed per raid, 50% penalty to raid speed, no loot gained.
What is Your Profession?: Tier 4 and higher infantry gain 50% bonus to polearm and one-handed damage in shieldwall formation.
Jeremus (Medicine): Your first casualty of a successful battle is miraculously recovered by somebody.....
Souvenir (Roguery): Small chance of defeated lord dropping a personal weapon in loot.
Momento (roguery): Small chance of a defeated lord dropping a personal armor in loot
One of Us- You now have the option to instantly recruit some bandits instead of fighting them
Crime Lord - After defeating a gang leader you can now take over a street gang and reap the rewards (have a small daily income from extortion etc)

Last edited:
Surprise Escalade: Player can initiate an assault at 25% siege camp construction with a 50% penalty to troop count during the assault.
oooooooowwww don't give me that I'll take the map in a year. They'll never catch me!

just climb!
engineer: your units climb ladders 50% faster
:smile:

- Mount trainer (Player and Companions are able to call unmounted horses)
Yes! I really want something like this but I forgot!

Ironclad: Armor weight penalty reduced by 25%. Is chaste from wearing armour all the time so no kids allowed. Also cannot enter towns as would feel naked without their armour!
Should have a trade off perk "Cod Piece": Your fertility rate-increases by 10% due to careful protection of your jewels.... you lose 10%running speed due to careful protection of your jewels... you still can't go into town because of the careful protection of your jewels......it bothers everyone

Last edited:
Sapper
Engineer: Allows one unit of infantry led by the character to deploy behind enemy lines during sieges. 10% chance that the tunnel collapses and engineer and his unit perish in the tunnel.

Trap Master
Engineer: Allows engineer to set traps before battle commences.

Good stuff. I don't like the perk system, too RPG for me, but there are some nice ideas. If at all I like random chance perks and event perks like those from AnandaShanti:

"...
Stockholm syndrome
Charm: Your prisoners have chance to get +relations with you.

Souvenir
Roguery: Small chance of defeated lord dropping a personal weapon in loot.
..."

It's something new and not op.

I find perks annoying where you magically increase combat damage or chances. So I'd like to have a perk which disables all such perks and instead only allows a very very slight damage bonus and a very slight hit bonus per skill point to NPCs and player.

Also this perk from AnandaShanti sounds like fun:

Lezalit
Tactics: If your party includes vlandian cavalry, battanian archers, trurgian infantry and Khuzait Horse archers you get +10% advantage in AC battle (or something actually good instead lol)

but it has to be a bit changed to be really great, like this:

"Automatically applied bonus perk:
Cheater's Dream Redux
Tactics: If your party includes Vlandian cavalry, Battanian archers, Sturgian infantry and Khuzait horse archers you get 1 free recruit from each faction as reinforcement and -50% melee and ranged hit chances for all troops." :iamamoron:

There could be a lot more similar balanced perks as gifts to the player I could think of. :fruity:

Rougery:
One of Us- You now have the option to instantly recruit some bandits instead of fighting them
Stand and Deliver - You have a small chance of making groups smaller than yours surrender a portion of their goods without fighting more likely with villagers and traders
Crime Lord - After defeating a gang leader you can now take over a street gang and reap the rewards (have a small daily income from extortion etc)
Money Laundering - You can sell goods to a fencer who will spawn outside the city. He will sell all your booty for a percentage of the profits.
Bandit King - Bandit groups are now friendly to you and will join you in combat if close enough.
Sneak Thief - From dusk to dawn you can enter non-hostile villages and towns and steal an item the more items you take the more likely you'll be caught, success is also based on Rougery level. If caught in a town you will have to fight 2-3 town guards or face imprisonment. If caught in a village you'll have to face 5-10 militia or face imprisonment. If successful all nearby towns and villages are on alert and you can't steal from them for 7 days.
Pilfer - You can steal 1 small item from a trader, villager or merchant success rate is based on rougery level and price of item. If caught you will be unable to have further dealings with that town, village or trader.

Last edited:
Throwing:

Light Infantry
Reduce in 50% the penalty of moving while holding your shield when you have a throwing weapon.

Hastati
when you keep your javelin preparing the throw and you move forward after 5 seconds the reticule will close again and you will increase the damage by 25%

The game doesn't need more perks, at least for now. Quality >> Quantity

Back
Top Bottom