Perk Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

The game doesn't need more perks, at least for now. Quality >> Quantity
No it needs better perks because these flat 2% damage increase or 3% swing speed are uninspired and not worth the time to take. Also several trees are not finished or not implemented and TW doesn't seem to understand what the player base is looking for from perks. These are suggestions that maybe TW uses or maybe it just gives them better ideas either way the perks we have right now are not good and need help.

So I'm sending this up to the top, because a lot of these are really good ideas.

Also because I made a mistake and left off a word on one perk that makes it sound like nothing but advantages instead of a trade off.

• Secretariat: Horse gains 5% top speed for every second spent galloping in a straight line, up to 50%. You believe riding a horse over distances increases speed? More like stamina which not something this game has for horses.

It is a reference. Secretariat is a pretty well-known racehorse who, in his most famous race, ran every quarter mile faster than the last. He was accelerating the entire time, in other words.

I think this is balanced because few people have a need to go quite so fast and on most maps there isn't enough open ground to stay in a straight line for longer than a few seconds. It comes out to being a short sprint ability, in other words.

Also, there are already some pretty wild perks in-game, especially in the two-handed tree.

It is a reference. Secretariat is a pretty well-known racehorse who, in his most famous race, ran every quarter mile faster than the last. He was accelerating the entire time, in other words.

I think this is balanced because few people have a need to go quite so fast and on most maps there isn't enough open ground to stay in a straight line for longer than a few seconds. It comes out to being a short sprint ability, in other words.

Also, there are already some pretty wild perks in-game, especially in the two-handed tree.
I got the reference to the racehorse, my issue is stamina. Secretariat was not carrying a fully armoured person when they were racing. They may well be able to make a few runs at top speed but after that they would of flagged and without being swapped for another horse would of collapsed from exhaustion. I am pro adding stamina to more parts of the game including arena.

As we are referencing american horses, Man o War would of been a better reference than Secretariat due to his size.

Back
Top Bottom