Perisno Version 0.81 - The Main Thread (HF0.811 - March 11, 2017, 10:37:18 AM)

Users who are viewing this thread

More than 1000 people in the garrisons of cities and over 500 castles at the start is not too much?
I noticed after 4 fixation, previously ignored

vito397 said:
Any chance you can pump up the number of Robber parties? They're essential as you defeat them, upgrade troops and make money selling their equipment, but they're nowhere to be found. Instead, we're met with a number of parties that are hard to defeat with people recruited from villages, which makes a hard start even harder
I agree it's almost impossible to level up troops in this mod and the loot it quite bad getting a single helmet from defeating 20 bandits.

Gilboard said:
vito397 said:
Any chance you can pump up the number of Robber parties? They're essential as you defeat them, upgrade troops and make money selling their equipment, but they're nowhere to be found. Instead, we're met with a number of parties that are hard to defeat with people recruited from villages, which makes a hard start even harder
I agree it's almost impossible to level up troops in this mod and the loot it quite bad getting a single helmet from defeating 20 bandits.

Agreed. It's also very difficult to start the game when you have a character that is really weak in combat in against armored targets. Leveling up can go very slow when your character struggles so much to kill stuff.

Also, has archery been nerfed? On my archer character, many times armored targets take very little and/or negligible/zero damage from body shots and and underwhelming amount of damage from headshots. I'd like to know what factors about archery are different from native in this iteration.

To level up your character directly.... Enlist in a lords army and do freelancer. You get exp. just for being in the battles, depending on you loot skill you'll get great loot to build up your treasury and it's the safest way to participate in combat early off. Depending on the size and number of battles your in, you'll be lvl 15 within 2 hours.

To level up your troops.... Get companions Dietrich, Silivethiel, Marcus, Arcanus, Tylen.... They have trainer 5+ and are levels 25+. Basically they'll get raw recruits to tier 3 in  a few days. They can be very expensive though (Arcanus is 100k to hire). Also get Alindel to be your doctor and only participate in supporting faction battles. You can join any battle on any side.

To get funds fast... Arulo tournaments are super easy early on. Raid villages once you've a decent force.

The game is built with the middle ground hovering around level 30 and top mark at 60.... so early has to be played a bit different. You can't just start with your own ass kicking army.... you have to play like real life. First join a force to get exp, then support small actions, then big and then step out on your own.

Bankoleva said:
To level up your character directly.... Enlist in a lords army and do freelancer. You get exp. just for being in the battles, depending on you loot skill you'll get great loot to build up your treasury and it's the safest way to participate in combat early off. Depending on the size and number of battles your in, you'll be lvl 15 within 2 hours.
I hate freelancer, it's so boring and if you join a weak lord you're waiting for him to be released from prison and if you join a better lord you wait for him to get into a battle where you instantly die.

iStealth2387 said:
Also, has archery been nerfed? On my archer character, many times armored targets take very little and/or negligible/zero damage from body shots and and underwhelming amount of damage from headshots. I'd like to know what factors about archery are different from native in this iteration.

Also archery was nerfed per say but rather elongated. The combat stas were push to level 15. The top bows and damage were all scaled up to PD 9 with max damage at PD 14/15. So archery isn't really impactful until PD 7 or 8, PF 200. You'll only see good damage against unarmored troops before that. As usual Archery is the most powerful in the game but takes serious time and investment to get there.

Gilboard said:
Quest that Ramus gives you after you listened to his story has the Methenor title set as Count instead of Archduke thus making him quite hard to find without prior knowledge or wiki also Training grounds are broken? They spent you to the tutorial set instead of the Native Training ground and leaving it will return you to the main menu instead of map view. There is a difference between Training Ground and Training Field
And lastly "f4, f5..." wont stay up, pressing any of those buttons will make it show up for a frame and then disappear, but if you're fast enough you can still make the order.

Edit 2; What can I do in the Mercenary Guild, as to everyone I talk do nothing. Found someone on the top floor

1) Chanded Methenor's title in the dialogue, thanks.
2) In the MG there are 7 spots where soldiers change and are recruitable. 2 to the left of the castle near training dummies, 3 on the first floor, 2 on the second floor.
The rest are for the atmosphere.

vito397 said:
Snow walkers should also not be particularly strong.
And small parties of low-level deserters.
But I'll increase looters' spawn rate.

vasul said:
More than 1000 people in the garrisons of cities and over 500 castles at the start is not too much?
Nope.  :smile:
It's not too much: sieges are still regularly started and even towns are conquered. But factions can't steamroll the map anymore.

iStealth2387 said:
None. The math is the same.
The difference between low-level gear and high-level gear is just bigger. PD3 shortbows cannot penetrate some heavy knight's plate.
High-end bows are still as good as always. Maybe even too good.

Also, to everyone who has little loot - I probably should have mentioned it in the changelog - invest in looting skill of your main character. Not just because of extra Native bonus points, but because of yet another multiplier added in the current version to loot probability formula.
Your own looting skill will help you much more than looting skills of your companions. After all, it's your loot.  :wink:

the badger said:
i have downloaded this mod but when i start i kept on getting .dds errors like the images are not loading
Try redownloading/reunpacking it.
I think you're the first with this error.

Added hotfix 5.
3 things I'd like to say:
1) Duel mode - I'm afraid some changes in Warband engine (that came with official patches) screwed it up. It's not even working in my "copy" of Perisno 0.6 anymore (where it worked like a charm in the past), and the code in 0.8 is identical to the code from 0.6. I also had similar technical problems when I was coding my tweak for PoP that allows sending soldiers to any of your walled fiefs.
I'll try to come up with some workaround, but it might take time.
2) Svafar - leave him alone for now. Relax and abandon your thoughts of revenge.  :grin: I don't know how this quest was coded, but I have doubts it's working. I'll have to wait for cwr to comment on this.
3) PBOD formations not working - frankly, I'm itching to cut this whole PBOD & Formations & Battle AI pack from Perisno for good. I've seen nothing from this OSP but performance drops, stupid and absurdly passive AI and bugs.
I'll try to take a look at what might be wrong but no promises.

How can we get perisno rune knight now :sad:
Have a test between dreche knight(German style country) and perisno great knight(50V50), great knight crashed with the loss of 20 by brown knight, I mean it's okay for dreche has better cavalry, but seems that perisno has been nerfed for real combat, perisno chanmpion, with level 44, can even not beat hakkon imperial spearman which level is 36 and come from level 22.
Can you buff a little perisnoan troop's armor(they used to be the highest, however now only be mid) or just make champion always have a shield?
I mean, as warrior has a +8 gauntlet, why champion even has +6 gauntlet? 68 is not so high btw, I have checked many troops with 70+ armor :sad:
Really love perisno troops :oops: just hope they can be a little bit better for combat, yes 0.772 perisnoan has been too strong, but I don't think the nerf of give poor gauntlets is wise, and again , even hakkon imperial spearman has about 75 armor :facepalm:
Btw, I don't really think +4 armors will even buff visiblely in 0.8 , but just looks cool is enough  :sad:

Lord-Latis said:
PRKs can only be seen in Nox of Zephilli's army.
Though if you're really lucky, you can also encounter them in the Mercenary Guild.  :smile:

Lord-Latis said:
Have a test between dreche knight(German style country) and perisno great knight(50V50), great knight crashed with the loss of 20 by brown knight, I mean it's okay for dreche has better cavalry, but seems that perisno has been nerfed for real combat, perisno chanmpion, with level 44, can even not beat hakkon imperial spearman which level is 36 and come from level 22.
Just tested champions vs imperial spearmen. Champions won.
And Reich indeed has the best cavalry.

Spearmen are spearmen. If they did not have good armor, they would be almost useless.
Perisno Champions have decent armor and are armed with one of the best 1h swords in the game (Ancestral Sword). Zweihanders are also far from bad.
Finally, Perisno champions are experts in engineering. That's why their level is higher than it should be.

Leonion said:
Lord-Latis said:
PRKs can only be seen in Nox of Zephilli's army.
Though if you're really lucky, you can also encounter them in the Mercenary Guild.  :smile:

Lord-Latis said:
Just tested champions vs imperial spearmen. Champions won.
And Reich indeed has the best cavalry.

Spearmen are spearmen. If they did not have good armor, they would be almost useless.
Perisno Champions have decent armor and are armed with one of the best 1h swords in the game (Ancestral Sword). Zweihanders are also far from bad.
Finally, Perisno champions are experts in engineering. That's why their level is higher than it should be.
Wow :shock:
That's kind of amazing consideration , I do find that perisno troops have higher intelligence, now at least they are the smartest and most awesome infantry in game :grin:
Thx for that answer.
And about spearman:
:shifty: In the cover there are some perisno champion spearmans, so is it possible for a bunch in perisnoan troop tree in later versions? :fruity:

anigman96 said:
How can I recruit troops of the Realm of the Falcon? I became their vassal, but I don't have the option to recruit troops in their villages.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325551.msg8639636.html#msg8639636

Ehmmmm is it possible that the red immortal quest is buggy ? I am currently at the stage where you need to find they mythseeker in teramma Castle but that castle doesn't exists anymore. Or atleast I didn't find it under notes (locations)... is that a bug or am I simply not capable to of reading a map ?

Back
Top Bottom