Perisno Version 0.81 - The Main Thread (HF0.811 - March 11, 2017, 10:37:18 AM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Elario said:
Drakken said:
hello everyone, maybe i have missed something somwhere but after installing Persino 0.8 i have the vanilla names for the towns and followers.  Do you know why? :???: :!: :?:

You have to set the language settings to english.

Awesome, thank  you Elario ! :party:

Large cavalry charges crush Elintor.

Cavalry also is really efficient against dwarves it feels like. (I equip my dwarven household guard with one handed spears to try counter, but doesn't feel like it's helping lol)

Hakkon and Realm of the falcon can be a pain in the ass in open field battles.

Heh, what are the chances. I don't check this mod for months, and then on this one day that I decide to just see this mod there is an update on this exact day too.

silentdeath838 said:
Heh, what are the chances. I don't check this mod for months, and then on this one day that I decide to just see this mod there is an update on this exact day too.
I think that is pretty lucky :wink:

Alecian said:

Cavalry also is really efficient against dwarves it feels like. (I equip my dwarven household guard with one handed spears to try counter, but doesn't feel like it's helping lol)

We've actually been discussing making spear/polearm units for dwarves due to this.

Reus said:
Alecian said:

We've actually been discussing making spear/polearm units for dwarves due to this.

Well, really that depends on where you are, my Hakkon cavalry was pretty useless in their turf, but they never really encroached on our land too much, so never got to fight them in the field, though right now they're our war with our common enemy, Drahara, and the Draharans don't seem to be taking well to the Kaikoth Vanguards or Mountain Keepers, this is on their deserts of course, though I guess some of the dunes are pretty hilly

Hello, Perisno Team, first post here! :smile:

To start off I was watching this forum since the early 0.7xx versions of this mod and it really caught my attention. Every time I just watched and waited, and finally I decided to try the latest version. Oh my God, from the start I was like "wow, awesome, ahh, amazing". :shock: I though that Pop 3.8 was perfect, I never expected that Perisno can be on this level and even better! So many options, so many events, so many nations, decisions, creatures...

AWESOME WORK, Perisno Team!

I have a few questions and suggestions of course, here they are:

1. The options for game difficulty, FOG at the start of the character creation in my opinion are not needed (you can change them during the game too anyway).
2. In my opinion Perisno uses too many sub mods - Diplomacy, Silverstag, to name a few. I like Diplomacy but I feel that too much mods can lead to a mess in Perisno. Also this things have too many settings which can confuse a casual player.
3. Does the land owning thing works correctly? In Floris I was always on lose after owning a few acres of land.
4. What is the effect of the friendly duel? After the duel nothing really happened.
5. The PBOD removing thing what it really does? I didn't notice a difference...
----------
6. A little BUG: The press TAB option does not work immediately after the winning of the battle. You must wait for a while even after the text "Battle won, press TAB....".

In the end I will say that this is the probably the most promising mod which I ever played! So much things and so much ideas which can be expanded I have no words...

Respect,
George

RacerBG, thank you. :oops:
2) I absolutely agree, but at this stage it's unfortunately too late to remove anything. But all these big mini-mods and features they added are indeed the main source of bugs so far. I wouldn't have added them in the first place. And that's why I suggest sticking to more or less Native gameplay, avoiding "unnatural" (for Warband) things such as marrying princesses.
4) I think it's just to test your strength against the opponent. That seems to be the whole idea of the duel mode.
5) Less lags in battles, slightly less passive battle AI. Personally for me the effects are very noticeable, at least for the lags part.

BTW, 2 everyone, I updated the last HF and p/l patch by rewriting the code for constable's training.
The old one was extremely crude, it could only work for identically standardized troop trees, not for the whole variety of troop trees Perisno offers, that's why you got infantry while asking to train archers and so on.
Now it should work better.

Leonion said:
RacerBG, thank you. :oops:
2) I absolutely agree, but at this stage it's unfortunately too late to remove anything. But all these big mini-mods and features they added are indeed the main source of bugs so far. I wouldn't have added them in the first place. And that's why I suggest sticking to more or less Native gameplay, avoiding "unnatural" (for Warband) things such as marrying princesses.
4) I think it's just to test your strength against the opponent. That seems to be the whole idea of the duel mode.
5) Less lags in battles, slightly less passive battle AI. Personally for me the effects are very noticeable, at least for the lags part.

BTW, 2 everyone, I updated the last HF and p/l patch by rewriting the code for constable's training.
The old one was extremely crude, it could only work for identically standardized troop trees, not for the whole variety of troop trees Perisno offers, that's why you got infantry while asking to train archers and so on.
Now it should work better.

Reply to #2: Well, I would like to see such options directly integrated into Perisno, without additional mods, I meant that the "Game Settings" menu is a mess.  :grin: And I must avoid marriage? I'm already trying my luck with the Kaiser's daughter... :lol:

Reply to #3: Yeah, now I noticed.  :grin: I hope that it will be fully removed in Perisno 0.8.1.

Also the menus for "Game Settings" and "Diplomacy Mod Options" are the same after all. The second one is not needed if you ask me.

I will try your latest HF and thanks for it, I did not expect it so early. :smile:

PS: So far the mod works very very well. In my opinion the Perisno Team should consider more attention to 0.8.1 from now on.

You can try marrying a princess, but beware of bugs.

#2 - well, it was a good case of selective perception. :grin:
I started reading that part and was so happy to see a like-minded person (as it seemed to me), that my brain turned the rest of it into a general conclusion - "mini-mods turn Perisno into a mess".  :grin:

Leonion said:
You can try marrying a princess, but beware of bugs.

#2 - well, it was a good case of selective perception. :grin:
I started reading that part and was so happy to see a like-minded person (as it seemed to me), that my brain turned the rest of it into a general conclusion - "mini-mods turn Perisno into a mess".  :grin:

Usually they do... :grin:

I have 1000+ renown (like 1400) and I can only have in my party 160 men with Leadership 5, while in 0.7 i had like 400/500 less renown and leadership 6 and could have like 220 men. Have you nerfed the amount of soldier gained by renown or do I mess something? :lol:

Leonion said:
khoin1 said:
So should I put the HF15 patch in the module first then PBODless patch or, do it in reverse?
You need only one of them.
They're identical save for only 1 difference: PBOD or no PBOD.

What if..

I already installed the PBODless patch and there is new hotfix
Should I install the New PBODless or the New Hotfix?

Back
Top Bottom