Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you mean dark wyvern? Cause dark charger has 72 armor and 43 speed... Anyway, IMO for horse archers are better much faste mounts, the enemy cannot get them. I gave Tamaris white tiger and shes like Lewis Hamilton on meth, doing crazy circles round the battlefield :grin: As to your bow, was it a default bow or some with adjective? Imprpved weapons can have higher requirements but giving a thing to a HG removes the modifier, thus possibly decreasing required power draw (great for repairng damged stuff, just buy cheap damaged equipment amd restore it to the default)
After checking it was the black heavy charger with 90 armor and 36 speed soz remebered the wrong thing. And as for the bow its the sunrise ranger bow.

I believe due to the relation decrease when losing a fief, vassals will leave to the most opportune faction. I've seen vassal children like Birgit and the Cretas Guy swap multiple factions in a month before sticking to one.

On an unrelated note, Theobald was permanently exiled from the Reich twice now.

I believe due to the relation decrease when losing a fief, vassals will leave to the most opportune faction. I've seen vassal children like Birgit and the Cretas Guy swap multiple factions in a month before sticking to one.

On an unrelated note, Theobald was permanently exiled from the Reich twice now.
Theobald loves to visit each faction in a play through.

Can someone please explain how exactly leveling of soldiers works? Because sometimes my troops loose their progress (the + sign) for seemingly no reason. What I know is that this happens when you leave them in the garrison but now it happens also to the troos that never leave my party. And it really sucks because for this reason, I still wasn't able to obtain yet a single perisno paladin. The other troops are much easier to level so I still get some before their progress is reset, but not the paladins...

Fief grants.

As a giantess merc with the Falcons I did not get a fief when asking for vassalage although there is one unassigned village. After my contract expired I signed on for Elintor and was granted a fief immediately upon asking for vassalage. Renown abt. 700, relations with Falcons abt. 55, anti-female prejudice set to high. Why is that so?

Rgds, Oldtimer

Theobald loves to visit each faction in a play through.

I'm hoping he strikes for a third exile. I'm gonna bully him if I see him.

Fief grants.

As a giantess merc with the Falcons I did not get a fief when asking for vassalage although there is one unassigned village. After my contract expired I signed on for Elintor and was granted a fief immediately upon asking for vassalage. Renown abt. 700, relations with Falcons abt. 55, anti-female prejudice set to high. Why is that so?

Rgds, Oldtimer

I remember that in Native, females don't receive fiefs for vassalage, though Arwen is a female ruler. I'm guesstimating she's nicer to female vassals because of that.

I'm hoping he strikes for a third exile. I'm gonna bully him if I see him.

I remember that in Native, females don't receive fiefs for vassalage, though Arwen is a female ruler. I'm guesstimating she's nicer to female vassals because of that.
Don`t recall myself ever playing Native. Anyway, in Perisno(and other mods I played) a female can get a fief from male rulers(except Falcon it seems) after signing up as a merc. Not outright irrespectively of renown and rulers gender.
So what I`m wondering abt. is if something in Falcon lore/culture may prevent their ruler from giving me a fief?

Rgds, Oldtimer

Don`t recall myself ever playing Native. Anyway, in Perisno(and other mods I played) a female can get a fief from male rulers(except Falcon it seems) after signing up as a merc. Not outright irrespectively of renown and rulers gender.
So what I`m wondering abt. is if something in Falcon lore/culture may prevent their ruler from giving me a fief?

Rgds, Oldtimer
Lorewise not really. In-game though, the ruler is a bit stingy in that regard. Best way to get a fief is to start the siege yourself, and ask for the castle or town to be given to you.
Though I think you mean after you joined them as a vassal? Because you won't get fiefs being a mercenary.

Lorewise not really. In-game though, the ruler is a bit stingy in that regard. Best way to get a fief is to start the siege yourself, and ask for the castle or town to be given to you.
Though I think you mean after you joined them as a vassal? Because you won't get fiefs being a mercenary.

Well,

no. I asked for vassalage while a merc and was refused. If I took a castle by myself though, he would "consider" letting me keep it. After all I`ve done for them this was an insult more than anything else. So as soon as my contract expired I signed on for Elintor and was immediately accepted as a vassal upon asking.

THX for your attn.,

Oldtimer

Greedy lord(s).

Connected to above vassalage discussion I`d like to point out that FM Gunnar holds 2 towns and 6 villages atm. By not giving them away as fiefs he is potentially loosing 7 armies. He should keep Fountain Hall ofc. He will prolly give out some of them but the earlier he does that the stronger Realm of the Falcon may become.
So it cooks down to if this detrimental behaviour is linked to some hidden ruler trait?

Rgds., Oldtimer

Does the Perisno Writing group still need help with developing ideas? It seemed to cease activity last year without much being done.

about lords...
an almost equally large relationship malus was also added when a lord loses his fief (-28/-18/-10). It works for NPC kingdoms too (lord-ruler relationship).
from changelog, so even good lords loose relation to the king in couple weeks time

ps.
question about Dreded One - I'm pretty sure in 0.99 that sword heal you when kill, but in 1.0 it is not, so what's healing?

I decided to play Perisno after I heard it was Warband with Dragons...

But where are the dragons? I already even made my own kingdom, found a lot of legendary weapons (including the really crappy kingslayer sword... wtf how bad that sword is without editing it with Morgh, was a pain to get it, and it is just bad), married Princess Birgit, that I heard has a fire dragon but...

no dragons, only some ugly wyverns that kinda suck, wolves are better.

So how I get a dragon? That is the whole reason why I got the mod... I am getting kinda annoyed with it, lots of unfinished stuff (a ton of parts of the map are just... empty... or rather, full of AIs that got lost and got stuck there), weird things (after lots of trial and error found out what "sell before" does when it sold my entire iventory... considering there are no sorting mod on this mod, it is just useless and cumbersome ,specially since it disables the denars estimate of the trade, requiring you to keep attempting to close the deal and then remove one item, try again, and so on, until the trade fits the money), other weird things (what is up with all the awfull made up titles? every nation has their own set of completely crazy titles, it make tracking characters very confusing, wtf is "Artanhen" supposed to mean?), boring weapons (well, at least the legendary ones... I saw some evil faction with some cool axes, but the legendary swords are all normal swords, in a fantasy mod where is all the cool fantasy swords?) and so on.

I was hoping I could ignore all that if I could ride a dragon but... I can't find it :sad:

So I heard all those posts about the scary black week and how you need to work hard to prevent one or two towns from being taken over.

I wanted to see what happens when my kingdom (I had joined Reich) loses, never happened to me before.

So when black week started, I ran way, did my best to avoid helping.

Zann then proceeded to conquer one falcon castle, one elvish town, one maccavian castle, two reich towns, and that was it.

Then they proceeded to just keep spinning around Tolaria never doing anything.

So I used save editor to greatly multiply the hordes power, hoping to finally see the mighty Zann...

Finally, they attacked some tolarian towns... took two, then resumed their forever-spin thing.

I had heard it is normal for them to take factions out... well, they took out the... Aroulo, that declared war on the Zann AFTER the Zann (in something like 6 days post invasion) declared truce with everyone, and refused any new wars... Zann never attacks, ever. Aroulo attacked them first, and even then they lasted a looooooong time until Zann attacked their sole city.

So... is something bugged on 1.0? I didn't see any of their scariness, I had to cheat on their favour and even then they still failed to do anything interesting.

But where are the dragons?
They're a myth. Stop spamming new threads to ask simple questions.

crappy kingslayer sword...
It's only one of the best bastard weapons. Good luck finding a better one, they're even more rare.

a ton of parts of the map are just... empty...
Just like in real world.

after lots of trial and error found out what "sell before" does when it sold my entire iventory...
God bless changelogs and main thread. Before using a device, you do read the manual first, right?
47bUVRT.png

considering there are no sorting mod on this mod, it is just useless and cumbersome
What on Earth do you need to sort?

,specially since it disables the denars estimate of the trade, requiring you to keep attempting to close the deal and then remove one item, try again, and so on, until the trade fits the money
You really don't need to do any of this when using sell before/after buttons and they're the ones that are intended to be used in 99% of transactions.

every nation has their own set of completely crazy titles, it make tracking characters very confusing, wtf is "Artanhen" supposed to mean?),
First, it's Artanher, an elvish title.
Second, surely, it would be a lot let confusing and easier to navigate if all of them were "lords". You open a list of lords and just see 135 lords.
Also it would be very realistic. Like in real world, where every country has/had the same titles, right?

boring weapons (well, at least the legendary ones... I saw some evil faction with some cool axes, but the legendary swords are all normal swords, in a fantasy mod where is all the cool fantasy swords?) and so on.
Wrong mod.
While it's a fantasy mod, it's a low-fantasy mod. There are no anime buster swords or anything like that here.

I was hoping I could ignore all that if I could ride a dragon but... I can't find it :sad:
Abandon all hope.

the scary black week [...] I had heard it is normal for them to take factions out
Exaggerations. As a Russian proverb says, "huge are the eyes of fear".
Although Zann declaring truce 6 days after invasion is strange.:???:

Real world maps have at least forests... or caves, or whatever. This clearly has "unfinished areas", as in... you see a island? empty, nothing there, literally nothing.

See a mountain range with a pass? go through it... and nothing... just a square-shaped area with mountains around it, big enough to fit a major faction. It looks like the map was made before all the factions were made, and thus it ended with lots of empty that wasn't closed down properly.

As for the Zann, so all the posts saying it was hard to prevent them from taking a lot of towns, are exaggerations?

And finally, the dragon being myths what do you mean? I saw some posts saying you could steal a fire dragon from Birgit, or that a dragon was a quest reward for helping the reich priestess, are those posts players being trolls with some internal running gag of the community?

And finally, the dragon being myths what do you mean? I saw some posts saying you could steal a fire dragon from Birgit, or that a dragon was a quest reward for helping the reich priestess, are those posts players being trolls with some internal running gag of the community?

Dragons were in early versions of Persino, but because they were ugly, with too much clipping and weirdness, they were removed.

Wow you had an easy Zann invasion. Mine wiped out all factions from fighting for almost 6 months, and wipe most factions. The only factions who will survive in my game are Elintor, Drahara, Hakkon, and Falcons. Also the Aroulo/Geldar who always survive everything it seems. But Hakkon and Drahara are losing ground, they need to attack weaker factions to survive the loss of their own lands to bigger factions.

Back
Top Bottom