Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been following the development of this mod for about two years now but only got onto the forums now as I have some pressing questions that keep me up at night. First of all, love your work, keep it up this is a fantasy mod like none other!

Here's my questions:

1. There is an option to switch your kingdom to RotF culture (high relationships, renown etc). Does this have any effects? I'm yet to see an effect of this as in my villages I will recruit the standard troops.

2. Eagle and Wolf knights: I have rescued some 500 eagle knights from captivity, they make for some awesome cavalry, are there plans to add more of a story to them? Same with the wolf knights, as of right now the only way for me to obtain them seems to be to rescue them.

3. I'm a bit confused by the religion system - so far the priest I hired only offers me to switch my religion to Perisnoan Paganism and the church of faith. What are the requirements to make it the fountain goddess or Mal'Kij for example?

4. The troop tree shows something of player's mercenaries... but they are all unequipped troops and I don't know how to recruit them? Can someone help me perhaps with a link on what to do with them?

I know its a lot, but I appreciate all the hints I can get :smile:
1) how long have you waited after changing the culture?
A good quick (but expesive) way to get falcon troops is to hire a falcon army through your one of your hired people (forget exactly which one) and tell them to to reinforce a fief you own. Then you should be able to take them from the garrison.

2) Right now they are only a minor faction. If we had time and man power they could be expanded on. Currently for 1.0 I don't have any plans for add more to them besides new armor etc.

3) Religion is just for flavor right now.

4)

1. There is an option to switch your kingdom to RotF culture (high relationships, renown etc). Does this have any effects? I'm yet to see an effect of this as in my villages I will recruit the standard troops.

I've never gotten to the point of making my own kingdom have their culture, but when working for them the villages never produced RotF troops. For lore reasons their elite troops could only be gained as hiring nobles from the towns/castles. I assumed it would still work this way for your own kingdom.

One thing you can do as king is instruct your vassals to use your chosen culture's troops. For a cost of 10 opinion of you per vassal this could be the main reason for using the RotF culture. Every time one of your vassals gets beaten they add RotF troops to the prisoner trains of your enemies...

4. The troop tree shows something of player's mercenaries... but they are all unequipped troops and I don't know how to recruit them? Can someone help me perhaps with a link on what to do with them?

I know its a lot, but I appreciate all the hints I can get :smile:

Oh man, please look into this asap! It is one of the best additions to this mod! I wish we could choose giants for the mercenary race, but the stat requirements and different strength stats for giants vs other races would probably be problematic. You can still make them elves or dwarves, and one of the more recent patches added a bunch of different dwarf armors and redid a lot of the elven armors. Of course, they also added a lot of greek and roman looking human only armors too...

Dressing your own troops is the best! And being able to rename them is the icing on the cake! :party:

If I change my flag through the Cheat Menu camp option, will it restore the flag I used to its original bearer, or will I have "erased" the flag from the current save?

You can't. What's wrong?
Nothing objectively wrong with it, I just don't like it. Too op in my opinion. The ai alone puts them leagues above the idiotic native ai troops, but they tend to have crazy gear and profs along with it. Just too much for me. There used to be an option in the camp menu to turn it off, but at some point it was taken away. You sure there's no way to disable it? I'm no modder, but I can at least edit a couple text files if that's all it takes.

Hi, could you please guide me through the process of disabling the healing combat abilities? I have been messing with the mission_template file for weeks now but always ended up with a broken game. The abilities work as intended, surely, but they are just too unbalanced in favor of the player for my OCD.

Hi, could you please guide me through the process of disabling the healing combat abilities? I have been messing with the mission_template file for weeks now but always ended up with a broken game. The abilities work as intended, surely, but they are just too unbalanced in favor of the player for my OCD.
Why don't you just not use them??

Why don't you just not use them??
I tried to. I did, but then I accidentally press "U" instead of "O" (to borrow arrows), and another time I accidentally used warcry by pressing God-knows-what. Ever since I felt like cheating the game and lost interest, and finally deleted the whole save file itself. Cheating a game always makes me lose interest in continuing.
It doesn't need to be removed elegantly. If pressing U gives an error message without any effect, that will be enough for me.

Last edited:
Nothing objectively wrong with it, I just don't like it. Too op in my opinion. The ai alone puts them leagues above the idiotic native ai troops, but they tend to have crazy gear and profs along with it. Just too much for me. There used to be an option in the camp menu to turn it off, but at some point it was taken away. You sure there's no way to disable it? I'm no modder, but I can at least edit a couple text files if that's all it takes.
Well since there's no answer on removing it, anyone have any advice on the battle tactic for defeating them? I've found no tactic that's especially effective against them, and my only option is always to just hit them with overwhelming force. Even then though, there are always at least a couple casualties on my side. Even the heaviest knights will eventually succumb to enough headshots, when the horse archer ai knows how to kite and the regular cavalry ai just knows how to be kited.

hello can you share perisno mod source code? Don't get me wrong, I just want to add some village and castle to the village.

Well since there's no answer on removing it, anyone have any advice on the battle tactic for defeating them? I've found no tactic that's especially effective against them, and my only option is always to just hit them with overwhelming force. Even then though, there are always at least a couple casualties on my side. Even the heaviest knights will eventually succumb to enough headshots, when the horse archer ai knows how to kite and the regular cavalry ai just knows how to be kited.
There is no way to fight vs HAs in large numbers without casualties. Countering them is perfectly possible using your own HAs + fast shock cavalry, leading lancers yourself into ring of HAs and leting them charge right before contact, even with foot only force its possible (managed to beat freshly spawned Zeladeck in 1.0 with 230 men infantry + archers/xbows army), but it requires lots of micromanagement.

I want to find out the real name of a piece of music used in this mod. In the Music folder it is retitled to replace the vanilla Warband tune "outdoor_beautiful_land". What's the real name and who is the artist? Is it from a movie, or maybe one of those fantasy mood music collections that you can find on Youtube?

So I made this extremely low-born elf from a family with a tradition of theft and banditry. I went to Elintor and on a whim I asked Iranel Linthradel if we could form an alliance of our houses. She fell for me and fell hard.

A short time later, she proposed marriage and then on approximately day 30 when I was still a mere Elintor mercenary with about 60 renown (I had to cheat once by doing Ctrl-alt-F4 in a battle with those Seducers) and leading a scurvy, pathetic band of farmers and bowmen, we got married.

I suddenly became a Lord of Elintor, (no fief though, not even a village) and my wife's Controversy rating jumped to 77. Mine is still at 0. A few days later, the Queen presented me with a suit of silvered Elven armor, I suppose because my bloody, ragged bandit armor was so unseemly-looking and embarrassing at the wedding. My relations with the Queen did not drop at all even though I was a lowly thief and scoundrel and she told me she had other plans for her children.

This is tons of fun for role playing, but is it the result of a bug? I would have thought I needed more status to make such a profitable union. Also, I was invisible at the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom