Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

willyflare said:
BanditKing7x said:
Hello friends,

So I painstakingly achieved the reqs for realm of the falcon culture. However I can only recruit nobles.

There is no apele fealcon recruits (non noble falcons recruits) included in this package it would seem. Anyone been down this road, know the answer?

Really expensive to get rotf culture for only the noble line. I recruit from town, only farmers, at village only farmers...and I thought I could just bash skulls with me renweards but sadly not the case.

Also, one more question,

I remember in .8 I could buy merc companies, Is that still a thing in .9, can't find this option anywhere.

Yeah Aepele Fealcans are supposed to be products of secret Falcon Military Academy or something, I heard.
At least you can ask your lords to use your culture and they will use Falcon units.
I think the patrols and reinforcements to castles will be Falcons too.
One way to recruit Aepele Fealcan line units is to ask your Constable to send out Large Patrol, and then ask the patrol to join your castle's garrison.

Merc companies are still there with the Perisno Marshall. But their costs are scaled to your level.
I think if you don't have enough money they will not show up on the list.

You can do the constable thing if you have one of their original castles too. Just do what is written above in that castle. No need to have their culture.

Just to give an update for anyone else that may have the same questions.

The patrol garrison thing works great to get falcon troops provided you have the rotf culture.

I tested constable recruitment from an original falcon castle (falcon waters), and this only brings farmers still.

Still its nice there is the patrol garrison thing + recapture of vassal rotf culture troops.

BanditKing7x said:
I tested constable recruitment from an original falcon castle (falcon waters), and this only brings farmers still.

That's queer . Which culture were you using? I used the Perisno one, but it should not affect this. I used Falconwaters.

BanditKing7x said:
Falcon culture. Maybe I misread what was said. Was intending to find a way to get apele falcon recruits that way.

One way to recruit Aepele Fealcan line units is to ask your Constable to send out Large Patrol, and then ask the patrol to join your castle's garrison. (quote by willyflare). That is what I was talking about, you can do that even without having the Falcon culture if you do that in a Falcon original castle or at least you should,  I can not check that as of now, but it could be a 0.8 feature.

Dago Wolfrider said:
BanditKing7x said:
Falcon culture. Maybe I misread what was said. Was intending to find a way to get apele falcon recruits that way.

One way to recruit Aepele Fealcan line units is to ask your Constable to send out Large Patrol, and then ask the patrol to join your castle's garrison. (quote by willyflare). That is what I was talking about, you can do that even without having the Falcon culture if you do that in a Falcon original castle or at least you should,  I can not check that as of now, but it could be a 0.8 feature.

Ah yeah I understand, thanks for clarifying. Yeah this is the best way to get recruits, just tried it. I have forniron and Lille and its working great there.

Thanks!

BanditKing7x said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
BanditKing7x said:

Ah yeah I understand, thanks for clarifying. Yeah this is the best way to get recruits, just tried it. I have forniron and Lille and its working great there.

Thanks!

No problems, have a nice day.

Hi All!

I'm a relatively new player, but have reached around day 250 in my first Perisno playthrough and have a couple of questions. Playing version .9.

1) In several of the Perisno videos I've watched on Youtube, I've seen players equip the hired mercenaries from the guild with really high level stuff with no issues. However, when I try to do the same, I get an error message stating the gear is too expensive and I can't leave the equipment screen until I downgrade the gear. Is this something that was changed in version .9? I think the videos I've watched were all version .8. Is there any way to tell what kind of gear is ok to equip without getting the error message other than trial and error?

2) I have my own kingdom and own the city of Vinica. I purchased land through the Landbroker/Moneylender screen, but I can't collect it. I can go to other cities and collect the money there, but can't in my own city. Is this a bug or just something you can't collect as king?

Thanks!

sansapprobation said:
Hi All!

I'm a relatively new player, but have reached around day 250 in my first Perisno playthrough and have a couple of questions. Playing version .9.

1) In several of the Perisno videos I've watched on Youtube, I've seen players equip the hired mercenaries from the guild with really high level stuff with no issues. However, when I try to do the same, I get an error message stating the gear is too expensive and I can't leave the equipment screen until I downgrade the gear. Is this something that was changed in version .9? I think the videos I've watched were all version .8. Is there any way to tell what kind of gear is ok to equip without getting the error message other than trial and error?

2) I have my own kingdom and own the city of Vinica. I purchased land through the Landbroker/Moneylender screen, but I can't collect it. I can go to other cities and collect the money there, but can't in my own city. Is this a bug or just something you can't collect as king?

Thanks!

1) They probably are 0.8 videos, have you watched trmplays's videos? Check them out. There is not a table or something that let you know what you should give to them as far as I know.
2) That money goes directly into your treasury in that city. Just go in the room where the Minister, your wife/husband, chest,..is and press Num2.

sansapprobation said:
Hi All!

Thanks!
Hello there and welcome to Perisno!
Yes, Hired Mercs in 0.9 now have budget limitation, so do not put all highest available equipments, especially on lower tiers. Instead mix and match and find your own style for your very personal troops. Equipping certain weapon type such as low level polearm usually helps at reducing budget. I think at highest tier your hired mercenary should be able to equip mostly everything.
If budget is still a problem give them stones lol

for number 2, If you OWN the Town, then the income from Land and also rents  and tariffs goes straight to your castle's treasury.
To access it, go to the castle, and then do this:
2. Treasury: press NUM1 to store 10000 aurums in the current fief's treasury or NUM2 to withdraw 10000 aurums. Press NUM3 to switch on/off the current fief accumulating money from rents/tariffs/enterprises instead of sending them to you. Players with laptops can also use ↑, ↓ and → respectively.

So your money is not actually lost!
Also, if you haven't , check the first page of the Mod's main thread, there's a lot of things that helps!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.0.html

EDIT: Ah, Dago answered faster than me again lol.
BTW the chart of Hired Merc's  budget is also covered by Leonion on the main thread, you'll need some time to understand it though!
Here:
[spoiler="Recommended" equipment values for customizable troops]
Exceeding them will raise the upkeep of customizable troops, giving your soldiers worse equipment will lower it.
1h weapons with damage X counts as the same as 2h or polearm weapon with damage X*10/9.
Cutting damage X = piercing damage X*10/12 = blunt damage X*100/145
Crossbows can also be used for archers. Just use like light_crossbow => just_crossbow => heavy_crossbow => siege crossbow.
Do not give cavalry or infantry bows or crossbows. Yes, for several reasons cavalry was coded to be heavy cavalry only, not horse archers.
What happens if you give your archers many quivers?
h-236.jpg
[/spoiler]

willyflare said:
sansapprobation said:
Hi All!

Thanks!
Hello there and welcome to Perisno!
Yes, Hired Mercs in 0.9 now have budget limitation, so do not put all highest available equipments, especially on lower tiers. Instead mix and match and find your own style for your very personal troops. Equipping certain weapon type such as low level polearm usually helps at reducing budget. I think at highest tier your hired mercenary should be able to equip mostly everything.
If budget is still a problem give them stones lol

for number 2, If you OWN the Town, then the income from Land and also rents  and tariffs goes straight to your castle's treasury.
To access it, go to the castle, and then do this:
2. Treasury: press NUM1 to store 10000 aurums in the current fief's treasury or NUM2 to withdraw 10000 aurums. Press NUM3 to switch on/off the current fief accumulating money from rents/tariffs/enterprises instead of sending them to you. Players with laptops can also use ↑, ↓ and → respectively.

So your money is not actually lost!
Also, if you haven't , check the first page of the Mod's main page, there's a lot of things that helps!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.0.html

EDIT: Ah, Dago answered faster than me again lol.
BTW the chart of Hired Merc's  budget is also covered by Leonion on the main mod page, you'll need some time to understand it though!

You answered better though, but do not give them stones, all throwing weapons reduce their costs/quality (according to the system). I am the fastest poster in Perisno, neverheless together we are a force to be reckoned with. Best team ever.

P.S. @sansapprobation I almost forgot to welcome you in the comunity, so welcome! :iamamoron:  :party: Happy registration day!  :party:
Be sure to check my topics if you love funny polls regarding perisno and if you want to "enable formations" in 0.9 read this topic: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380144.0.html.
Moreover there is arduus's poll about Perisno races and Plasquar topic concerning the amazing series (warning long videos) he made about Perisno.

Since it wasn't answered before I'll ask again :

I've been doing Adventurer's Guild quest, and so far I've done these :
  • Temnik Arslan /Syabr Quest
  • Old Amazoness Quest
  • Revolution in Vinica Quest
  • Joan Zwiebel Quest
Is there any more of the quest?  Or any comprehensive list to Adventurer Guildsmen's quests? This questline isn't covered in Wiki.
Before I start conquering Perisno I would like to finish all the quests available.
Aside from the end-game one of course.

Also, if I hired a merc company, then lose my kingdom, will I still have the merc company?

I realize it probably has been removed for good reason, but can someone stubborn and a little familiar with modding like me put PBOD back into the latest 0.9 with all the patches? Battles just are much less fun when only I can put my troops in lines and maneuver and my enemies just zerg rush me. I've already looked around a bit here, apparently some basic ranks can be enabled by switching a line to on in the .ini, but would rather have PBOD back because it offers much need variety to the battles. I'm barely enjoying battles in Perisno anymore really. So tl;dr: Can we still put PBOD back in ourselves? Or would it most likely wreck everything? Whatever is the best course of action and despite my critique, thanks to all the people contributing to this excellent mod! I don't know how many hours in total I've racked up, but it's been fun all along  the way!

Vaegir Luchnik said:
I realize it probably has been removed for good reason, but can someone stubborn and a little familiar with modding like me put PBOD back into the latest 0.9 with all the patches? Battles just are much less fun when only I can put my troops in lines and maneuver and my enemies just zerg rush me. I've already looked around a bit here, apparently some basic ranks can be enabled by switching a line to on in the .ini, but would rather have PBOD back because it offers much need variety to the battles. I'm barely enjoying battles in Perisno anymore really. So tl;dr: Can we still put PBOD back in ourselves? Or would it most likely wreck everything? Whatever is the best course of action and despite my critique, thanks to all the people contributing to this excellent mod! I don't know how many hours in total I've racked up, but it's been fun all along  the way!

Man I miss PBOD so much too but they must have good reason for it not being there. CTDs if I had to speculate. Yeah mod is great tho! /praise Team/devs

BanditKing7x said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:

Man I miss PBOD so much too but they must have good reason for it not being there. CTDs if I had to speculate. Yeah mod is great tho! /praise Team/devs

You can express your opinion in this poll of mine: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380095.0.html
As far as Leonion told me they had to adjust more important problems before taking PBOD into consideration ( mostly CTDs ), but they will maybe add it in a future version.

willyflare said:
Since it wasn't answered before I'll ask again :

I've been doing Adventurer's Guild quest, and so far I've done these :
  • Temnik Arslan /Syabr Quest
  • Old Amazoness Quest
  • Revolution in Vinica Quest
  • Joan Zwiebel Quest
Is there any more of the quest?  Or any comprehensive list to Adventurer Guildsmen's quests? This questline isn't covered in Wiki.
Before I start conquering Perisno I would like to finish all the quests available.
Aside from the end-game one of course.

Also, if I hired a merc company, then lose my kingdom, will I still have the merc company?

I have found no other quests. Leonion's confirmation would be better.
Second question: I do not know, but by 23:00 pomeridian of today I can easily give you a 0.9 answer.

P.S. Now for me it is 19:28.

EDIT: Give me 30 more minutes, I had some troubles.

The link above takes me to a profile and not a poll.

I have a question,

What's the best ways to get xp/level up late game in Perisno? Lvl 35+, any tips for leveling late game? I'd like to push 50 but I think it will take light years.

BanditKing7x said:

I have a question,

What's the best ways to get xp/level up late game in Perisno? Lvl 35+, any tips for leveling late game? I'd like to push 50 but I think it will take light years.

Fixed. DEEP THANKS. I am level 41 after more or less 750 days in Perisno in two different gameplays ( got a problem, I created a new gameplay and I managed to export my character, I started enjoying that gameplay, then I found a solution to the problem ) in Perisno 0.8. I killed tons of Zann before exporting and even more Zann after that. In tavern ask the tavernkeeper for bigger bounties ( if you have not started doing quests for the Adventurers' Guild, otherwise ask one of them ). Defeat unique spawns, become a famous champion in arenas and tournaments. Destroy factions with shieldless troops using a dwarven crossbow. Do all unique quests. There are countless options, but if the game gets boring and you have done all the things written above start a new gameplay and import your character, if you want, or start a brand new experience.

You can cheat, but do not exceed level 60 or you will have some problems with bandits lairs.

Dago Wolfrider said:
BanditKing7x said:

I have a question,

Fixed. DEEP THANKS. I am level 41 after more or less 750 days in Perisno in two different gameplays ( got a problem, I created a new gameplay and I managed to export my character, I started enjoying that gameplay, then I found a solution to the problem ) in Perisno 0.8. I killed tons of Zann before exporting and even more Zann after that. In tavern ask the tavernkeeper for bigger bounties ( if you have not started doing quests for the Adventurers' Guild, otherwise ask one of them ). Defeat unique spawns, become a famous champion in arenas and tournaments. Destroy factions with shieldless troops using a dwarven crossbow. Do all unique quests. There are countless options, but if the game gets boring and you have done all the things written above start a new gameplay and import your character, if you want, or start a brand new experience.

You can cheat, but do not exceed level 60 or you will have some problems with bandits lairs.

Thanks again for the most valuable feedback. That answers my question thoroughly. Zann killing is my current strat, good money and xp. I enjoy this method.

I assume its much better xp to take a smaller group of elite soldiers at bigger armies, is this method better by far? A little unclear on the shared xp.

Back
Top Bottom