Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree Perisno is better. It has a fantasy feeling and setting not found in many games.

I had major fps issues with this mod some years ago, specifically when the zann invaded and giants in general. At that time I just couldn't play this mod and thought pendor was better by default. But now, perisno runs beautifully, and there are only a handful of things I don't like about the mod, whereas pendor has a laundry list. Pendor does minor factions way better with unique spawns. Perisno unique spawns just don't seem to have as much of an impact. Perisno is also too easy with making money, and pendor is far too difficult. Pendor doesn't have enough main factions, and I quite like the chaotic nature of perisno at the beginning where everyone is at war with at least one other. And, CKO > household guards. Perisno has more fun items, more specifically better mounts, and the leaf bomb is the most fun weapon in any mod, barring phantasy's magic spells. Perisno has way more customization options. Goes without saying, but perisno bugged quests might be this mods biggest flaw, but all of this mods flaws are not as glaring as they used to be. Anyways, Perisno and floris are tied for my favorite. As for phantasy, last I checked that mod is still in a very unpolished state. Phantasy definitely has the potential to be the best mod, as I had a lot of fun playing it even with the game breaking bugs.

Can anyone clear up the confusion around city enterprise requirements? By that I mean how much relations you need with a town to open an enterprise. In some playthroughs, I need +15 relations, but in other playthroughs, I only need +1 relation.  I used to think it was based on gender, since the games where it cost +15 I was playing male, and when I played female it was only +1, but I've heard from others that certain factions like dwarves only need +1.

So is there a definitive rule about why the requirements are different? Is it because of gender, race, starting options? Why does it vary at all?

Different patches?
It used to be something around 1 or 2, then I increased it to 10-15 (depending en economy settings in Diplomacy part of the mod). Then added alternative conditions such as high honor or renown, though I don't think the last part made it to the last version of Perisno 0.8.

Leonion said:
Different patches?
It used to be something around 1 or 2, then I increased it to 10-15 (depending en economy settings in Diplomacy part of the mod). Then added alternative conditions such as high honor or renown, though I don't think the last part made it to the last version of Perisno 0.8.

I don't know if there was any different patches between my playthroughs. The most recent was a female human with the northern island start and she only needed +1. Previous games were male human characters of various, usually peasant backgrounds and they needed +15. I could be wrong, but I think they were all on the latest patches.

Is it supposed to be the same for every character or does it vary on purpose?

The Drahara always seem to be the last big faction remaining in every playthorugh I do. Everyone else gets thrashed by the Zann, while the drahara are left untouched. Any way the drahara can suffer a hit like all the other big factions when the zann invade?

On a similar note, I would like to try a playthrough where the zann never invade, because their predictability can be tiresome. Has anyone else tried this? And what faction reigns supreme with no zann? Maybe once I become king of all perisno I will let the zann invade as a controlled experiment.

hipp522 said:
On a similar note, I would like to try a playthrough where the zann never invade, because their predictability can be tiresome. Has anyone else tried this? And what faction reigns supreme with no zann? Maybe once I become king of all perisno I will let the zann invade as a controlled experiment.

Drahara usually overtake the Reich in a surprising turn of events when they make peace with Hakkon. The Kuu-lan often lose all but their city, with little change though many raids from Hakkon. Bahkal are a mix of getting wiped out, remaining neutral, or rarely taking some land. Sut are overtaken by the Reich. Tolrania is a big mix, with the player really having an impact over there. Elintor are so-so, eventually taking one or two Hakkon castles and the Geldar, probably the tribes given enough days. Maccavia are often going back and forth with the Vallahir, usually wining, sometimes fighting the Reich. Falcons can go many ways. Dwarves either die out or overtake inner Hakkon. Cretas are Cretas, doing nothing useful and waiting to be taken by the player.

That's often what I notice from every game, especially when the Zann are set a few hundred days ahead. I may have missed a faction.

Dantelh said:
hipp522 said:

Drahara usually overtake the Reich in a surprising turn of events when they make peace with Hakkon. The Kuu-lan often lose all but their city, with little change though many raids from Hakkon. Bahkal are a mix of getting wiped out, remaining neutral, or rarely taking some land. Sut are overtaken by the Reich. Tolrania is a big mix, with the player really having an impact over there. Elintor are so-so, eventually taking one or two Hakkon castles and the Geldar, probably the tribes given enough days. Maccavia are often going back and forth with the Vallahir, usually wining, sometimes fighting the Reich. Falcons can go many ways. Dwarves either die out or overtake inner Hakkon. Cretas are Cretas, doing nothing useful and waiting to be taken by the player.
That's often what I notice from every game, especially when the Zann are set a few hundred days ahead. I may have missed a faction.

This is what I usually see before zann invade.
Bakhal, Geldar, and Aruolo always make it to the last stages of the game by doing absolutely nothing. Cretas and kuu-lan get absorbed by drahara, if drahara is winning against hakkon, then drahara snowballs out of control, then drahara takes down bakhal and kaikoth. Reich takes down sut always, the two giants tribes do jack **** to each other. Tolrania, like Swadia, get gangbanged for their placement on the map, being attacked by maccan, elintor, and the reich. Reich and drahara become mega gods and consume everything around them and butt heads almost never except some trading of a castle here and there, maybe drahara take murderholl and reich retakes it. Valahir, like the aruolo, always advance to the latest stages by doing almost nothing. They trade back arendal and freising a few times, and that one reich castle that borders them. Aroulo are never taken down by anyone except me. Geldar sometimes get thrashed by elintor, but mostly just sit there, geldar armies prevent them from being taken over for a very long time. Falcon also advances for doing almost nothing, once again just trading some castles back and forth with hakko and kaikoth. Maccan usually get gangbanged by supergods tolrania and reich and get bullied a bit by valahir too. I think thats everyone.

hipp522 said:
Dantelh said:
hipp522 said:

This is what I usually see before zann invade.
Bakhal, Geldar, and Aruolo always make it to the last stages of the game by doing absolutely nothing. Cretas and kuu-lan get absorbed by drahara, if drahara is winning against hakkon, then drahara snowballs out of control, then drahara takes down bakhal and kaikoth. Reich takes down sut always, the two giants tribes do jack **** to each other. Tolrania, like Swadia, get gangbanged for their placement on the map, being attacked by maccan, elintor, and the reich. Reich and drahara become mega gods and consume everything around them and butt heads almost never except some trading of a castle here and there, maybe drahara take murderholl and reich retakes it. Valahir, like the aruolo, always advance to the latest stages by doing almost nothing. They trade back arendal and freising a few times, and that one reich castle that borders them. Aroulo are never taken down by anyone except me. Geldar sometimes get thrashed by elintor, but mostly just sit there, geldar armies prevent them from being taken over for a very long time. Falcon also advances for doing almost nothing, once again just trading some castles back and forth with hakko and kaikoth. Maccan usually get gangbanged by supergods tolrania and reich and get bullied a bit by valahir too. I think thats everyone.
This i so true i laughed.

_5R0i.jpg
7YShe.jpg
FBj7Fa5.jpg
Twt1p.jpg

cwr said:
_5R0i.jpg
7YShe.jpg
FBj7Fa5.jpg
Twt1p.jpg

Game-starting screen is awesome:smile: I love the art

That's a masterpiece. My favourite screenshot so far. I have never seen nothing like that. ASTONISHING!!! GREAT WORK. Congratulations!  :razz:
P.S. Is the demon connected to some sort of quest? Nevertheless it looks more similar to a golem or a troll. Yet good work.

Back
Top Bottom