Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

In one of my save-games i actually destroyed drahara, they are at war with hakkon, kaikoth and me. I have first conquered cretas monarchy and then took 3 of their castles close to aolas castle. They have lost 2 castles to hakkon and 1 to kaikoth, they are litteraly getting wiped out. Their cavalry doesn't seem to be so strong for me, just bring some freelancer knights and marshals and boom they are dead. The only unit that can actually give me some casualties are the draharan ghareebian knights.

Draharan forces are very lightly armored, but deal a lot of damage both in melee and at range. They are all glass cannons of sorts.

In my last playthrough, I've been beating them with a mix of Geldar and Reich troops - heavy shock cavalry that absolutely crushes Royal Riders, supplemented by powerful archers and horse archers that quickly wipe out the poorly armored troops. But you can try other tactics, that's what is great about Perisno - they have so many cultures and unit types that you can just keep trying combinations until you win.

Taking Draharan cities was pretty easy too - I brought along a contingent of Household Guards (Darkforest Ranger Bow), Hired Sharpshooters (Siege Crossbow), some Hired Foot Knights, and a Company of the Order of Faith to serve as shock troops. Easy peasy wins.

Thanks but I am afraid it will serve for nothing if lords keep being ridiculous and doing silly thing such as refusing to follow me to defeat a enemy lord or even to leave castle or city to help me (most of the time they do leave the city/castle, but sometimes... ) I am thinking of once my second contract ends, I will move to Maccavia, had enough frustrations already with this war... sometimes it seems just the veteran legionaries do some kind of damage.

Also by the way, why do most, if not every single Kailoth/Drahara lord have a good amount of elite troops? Like 30 shadow warriors, I suppose it's purposed, considering the lore behind Drahara.

djogloc02 said:
Thanks but I am afraid it will serve for nothing if lords keep being ridiculous and doing silly thing such as refusing to follow me to defeat a enemy lord or even to leave castle or city to help me (most of the time they do leave the city/castle, but sometimes... ) I am thinking of once my second contract ends, I will move to Maccavia, had enough frustrations already with this war... sometimes it seems just the veteran legionaries do some kind of damage.

Also by the way, why do most, if not every single Kailoth/Drahara lord have a good amount of elite troops? Like 30 shadow warriors, I suppose it's purposed, considering the lore behind Drahara.
Well, if I'm getting you right, you are a mercenary, and they're lords. And I'm pretty sure the problems you've mentioned above are pretty universal when it comes to Mount and Blade. Also, as I understand it, Hakkon troops are generally meant to be cost-effective, and quick to train, rather than being the best at what they do. Let me check in Morgh's editor.

...Yeah. For example, Maccavian Heavy Marksmen are better than Hakkon Sharpshooters, but you'll be able to field more Sharpshooters in less time. Same thing goes for, say, Tolranian Kingsmen vs Hakkon Legionaries, or Drachen Dragoners vs Hakkon Imperial Lancers. Hakkon is a very balanced faction. No glaring weaknesses, but not a lot of notable strong points either... Though their heavy cavalry is admittedly more than adequate.

If you need to counter Drahara specifically, the advice already given is pretty good. Archer troops like Elintor or Geldar will deal serious damage, while Heavy Cavalry will steamroll through their lightly armored troops. High-ranking Tolranian infantry could probably tank their infantry's thrown weapons, but I'm not sure about how they'd fare in melee. Anyway, like it's been said, Drahara deals a lot of damage, so you're likely going to take more casualties than average. In my opinion they're one of the more... Frustrating foes to face. They have a habit of pissing you off even when you're winning. In my experience, anyway.

As for elite troops issue... I don't know. I haven't really had the same experience you're talking about, so I can't really speak on it. A few lords field contingents of really nasty household troops (Grassulah and his F***ING Shadow Assassins come to mind, in Drahara's case.) but most lords should have a variety of troops of different tiers.

Yea, right now they don't have that much elite troops with exceptions because we picked off some lonely lords.. but I just wanted to leave this here, 512 Hakkon troops (Emperor Hakkon's party was there) agaisnt the Sultan, 312, 30 shadow assassins and a good ammount of royal riders...
We got destroyed in a matter of minutes... I know they are pretty elite, but this? By the way the screenshot below is just one of the best situations for Hakkon... These Royal Riders were only killed because they were already really wounded.
K6WPCQY.jpg

Don't take me wrong, so far having lots of fun in this mod, I guess I just picked the wrong foes...

djogloc02 said:
Yea, right now they don't have that much elite troops with exceptions because we picked off some lonely lords.. but I just wanted to leave this here, 512 Hakkon troops (Emperor Hakkon's party was there) agaisnt the Sultan, 312, 30 shadow assassins and a good ammount of royal riders...
We got destroyed in a matter of minutes... I know they are pretty elite, but this? By the way the screenshot below is just one of the best situations for Hakkon... These Royal Riders were only killed because they were already really wounded.
K6WPCQY.jpg

Don't take me wrong, so far having lots of fun in this mod, I guess I just picked the wrong foes...
Yeah, Drahara make me want to fall on my sword sometimes. I think some of the other factions are getting new elite infantry, and others are getting new noble branches in 0.9, so we'll see if those even the odds. For now, I suppose we'll just have to bear with it. Who knows, maybe I'm missing some key tactic.

lol. I always made my cavalry and mounted archers flank or even go behind the enemy and order the  charge when the enemy charge, but then a time ago I tried having them follow me and let the infantry take the charge, then I would ride to the backs of the Draharan cavalry and fight them, everyone would be really close to each other and I would  try to follow and hit them hard. It did work better and killed many of them, it's just these royal riders and assassins that are excellent at their job (as it should be, but sometimes it feels I am fighting Space Marines  :razz:)

Voidmare said:
I have an army of 155 men, almost all elites except some units hired from the Mercenary Guild. I have a lot of aurums, 600k and a stable income of about ~30k every week. I'd like to start my own kingdom, but every time I actually manage to find a castle that is poorly garrisoned, after I take it, enlist recruiters and a patrol, make Aracanus my vassal, the enemy besieges my castle so fast that I can't fight back. How can I start my own kingdom? I am currently a vassal of the Zann Dynasty, whenever I get my own city I will try to rebel, however the Zann Dynasty has a lot of troops everywhere, their castles usually hold 1000 troops and I have no way of fighting them. What can I do?

easiest way is this: take a castle/town during war, but make sure it's far away from the rest of "your" kingdom. now rebell and keep the castle. the zann will declare war, but due to perisnos logic, they will not besiege a fief with no connection to the rest of their land. they might raid your villages, and other kingdoms will declare war on you sooner or later, but you'll have some time to stack up your garrison and defened yourself properly.

djogloc02 said:
K6WPCQY.jpg

more like the wrong allies. i played geldar, and never faced any difficulties. it might be a cheap tactic, but just get your 100+ sargeants/rangers and bathe them in arrows. at worst you'll go 1 for 1 in my experience. this also works well with merc archers.

From the screenshot it's obvious that you're not the marshal (allies deaths marked in lavender/purple). Don't join battles where you aren't the marshal. You will start with half your force (at best) and your ally will start with half their force at best, which means your enemy will have to deal with two weakened opponents who act without any coordination at once, meaning you give the enemy a massive advantage.

Hakkon are probably one of the toughest factions to play for, alongside the Zann. Their Imperial Knights are good. Everything else, not so much.
Their 'top' units are one tier below everyone else's best units, which means you need to have greater numbers AND very very good tactical advantage.
Their Legionnaries, Spearmen, Sharpshooters and Lancers need to be all used in combination, and you need a lot of micro and full battle control to take advantage of it.

Key points:
1) Same or larger army than the enemy
2) Good troop balance: legionnaries, sharpshooters, lancers/knights all need to be represented.
3) Advantageous terrain: hills, mountains and forests are your friends.
4) Control of all troops: don't help your allies if you are not the marshal. For some reason in Perisno, the % of your troops on the battlefield when fighting alongside allies is drastically lower than in Native/other mods. If you join a large battle where you aren't the marshal you'll be unable to do anything except watch your allies get slaughtered by superior weapons and training. Just leave things to auto calc instead, that way they'll inflict more damage on the enemy.

but sometimes it feels I am fighting Space Marines
In a way you are.
Hakkon is the Imperial Guard faction fo Perisno. Their units are cheaper and easier to train, but can never get as good at their job as other faction troops.
Maccavians have better crossbowmen, Tolrania has better shield infantry, Reich and Drahara have better cavalry, etc.

Yes, I did read Hakkon's lore before joining them, I knew their army was going to be good all-around, but I expected they would do some damage. About the marshal, I wanna take my time before joining a faction and raise my proficiencies and stats first. I guess I gotta deal with the pain and hope for the best until my contract ends. For sure I am not entering that battle with the Sultan again. Thanks for the help and tips.

I really don't like autocalc battles in Warband, I 've seen elite troops die for some random footmen or even bandits in other mods.

The developers admitted they deliberately skewed the autocalc to be pretty unfair, especially how even against 1-3 lowly bandits you can still lose 1 or 2 elite units on your team. They said they did it so that player wouldn't use it often and would actually play their game.

Ah, true, man, it's been a long time since I played Warband... 
By the way, another question, what are your tips on defeating the Third Legion Outpost? I know you can siege it with the help of a Visavo and his troops, so, what's your suggestion on the kind of troops I should bring.
I was thinking of bringing good archers and cav archers and let them use all their ammo and just let the infantry and cavalry stand closer and hold position (while using shields).

oujt of topic but how do you melee with bladed crossbow?

edit:

djogloc02 said:
Ah, true, man, it's been a long time since I played Warband... 
By the way, another question, what are your tips on defeating the Third Legion Outpost? I know you can siege it with the help of a Visavo and his troops, so, what's your suggestion on the kind of troops I should bring.
I was thinking of bringing good archers and cav archers and let them use all their ammo and just let the infantry and cavalry stand closer and hold position (while using shields).

i used elintoran troops with a whittling method. this method saves a loth of troops i mean theres a 98 percent troop survival

what ye need
1. tanks
2.archers , optional but recommended : elintoran archers ( crimson archers, highelf warden)
3.cavalry- not particularly needed but i assume you have some
4.patience (don't have one? get sum)

formation
ye gonna have to used a lot of archers.. and i mean a lot. in battle ye divide yer troops in rows
1st infantry with big ass sturdy shields.. ye wanna place them in just before the bridge not on the bridge. ya know as tanks
2nd the archers a few paces behind the infantry
3rd cavalry behind the archers a few paces

what ye do
now that they are in formation your target are the archers above they the real killers, archers will take care of them assuming that your infantry are tanking the damages, now those infantry wont hold so when their shields get rekt even just one retreat tactical retreat if ye will, around this time range fellas above the walls will be lessened (30-60 kills) supposedly rinse and repeat make formation kill bastards with bows now never ever charge your troops unless you want your death rate to rise to max. now after a few times you're doing this even when the archers of the enemy are dead continue with this tactic. that enemy is deadly i say you you will have to let your archers destroy the shields and the people behind them you will have to let your archers unload all of their arrows then retreat to replenish nowrinse and repeat

QnA
Q: is this worth it?
A: if you want no deaths then ye

Q: elintoran troops? do i have to?
A: well it is recommended if you do not want a hard time

Q: when should i retreat?
A: when your archers' arrows are depleted, and when somebody got knocked the f*** out if you don't want deaths

Q: how many can i kill each round?
A: around 30 they have shields unless you go infront of them they will not drop their shields

additional info: you can use this whittling method even in normal battle but putt your archers on a higher terrain and your cavalry infront so that when the enemy gets near charge your cavalry then when ye get sum kills just retreat rinse and repeat, if you have 100 troops and the enemy has 300 use this. your target no deaths

SirWombat said:
hanniballigula said:
oujt of topic but how do you melee with bladed crossbow?
I believe you press X while wielding the crossbow.
.... didn't know it was that simple

heheh I'm hitting with the flat side of my axe
edit: guys do ye have any tips against maccavia i always die

hanniballigula said:
edit: guys do ye have any tips against maccavia i always die
In the field, Maccavians are beaten like everyone else.

Kill their leader, and if needed a few of their men to make them attack en masse.  Their cavalry should die to yours, their infantry should be distracted by your character, and their crossbowmen should be either be shot by your ranged troops or overwhelmed by your cavalry.  Their crossbows will take their toll, still.  Once it's just the infantry left, dispatch them at your leisure - ranged weapons, lance, or get off your horse and knock them down with a mace for extra cash.  I also capture every squire I can get.  I lose a lot of men trying to micromanage their capture.  Each of them is a potentially a knight of steel.

Taking a Maccavian city is very costly, again because of their crossbows.  It still can be done with the standard approach.  Use infantry to draw their fire.  Use your own ranged troops to snipe them.  Keep a division of archers or crossbow men holding fire, and use their arrows/quarrels when you run out.  Heal yourself if you get shot, but if you are careful to shoot from the middle of your infantry, they should shield you.

Kill, kill, kill, kill crossbowmen.  They will be killing your men right back.  Against any other faction, including Elintorians, I usually lose less than 1 dead for every 10 garrison, at least until they run out of archers.  Against Maccavians, I lose 3, sometimes 4 dead for each 10 garrison.  If I actually go down, and have to retreat before the crossbowmen are dead, some maps knock off more than a hundred of my men, and kill as many as 30.

It'll cost ya.

djogloc02 said:
Yes, I did read Hakkon's lore before joining them, I knew their army was going to be good all-around, but I expected they would do some damage. About the marshal, I wanna take my time before joining a faction and raise my proficiencies and stats first. I guess I gotta deal with the pain and hope for the best until my contract ends. For sure I am not entering that battle with the Sultan again. Thanks for the help and tips.

I really don't like autocalc battles in Warband, I 've seen elite troops die for some random footmen or even bandits in other mods.

My advice would be to do some raiding in the enemy's territory. Not actual raiding, per se, i.e. villages, but run around your enemies' territory, attacking isolated lords, patrols, and caravans. Use a relatively large force, around 120-50, and just raise hell. Gather as much loot and prisoners as you can, return to a friendly town to unload, repeat. It'll give you and your companions experience, make you some money, and drain the funds of many of the factions lords (particularly city-owners). You may not actually contribute much to the war effort overall, but it'll make you a good bit of money and renown.

yey maccavia has been obliterated now how can i keep my castles after leaving the faction without anger?

edit: btw tuidjy tanks for the tip help me decimate them some died but still worth it

Is there any way to remove this? i mean its a good feature and all but i want to see the clear trajectory of my arrows thats all. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom