Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Also another question [yeah there's a lot which I am IDK about] how do I track down the mystic merchant, like which places does he usually stay around in?

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
THAT is one thing I do not know about! I know that the Traveller NPC in Taverns can pinpoint the Book Merchants and such, but I have no idea about tye Mystic Merchant. Sorry :sad:
Its okay, np

Norwegianben14 said:
ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
THAT is one thing I do not know about! I know that the Traveller NPC in Taverns can pinpoint the Book Merchants and such, but I have no idea about tye Mystic Merchant. Sorry :sad:
Its okay, np

I think there has to be more than one single Mystic Merchant, because I encounter them rather frequently, too frequently for them to be in only one Town at a time.

Like other Tavern npcs, they show up randomly in town Taverns. Just keep looking around the map and travelling a lot, and you should find one eventually.

Some things you should know;

1: They have a completely random selection of equipment. Sometimes, you won't find anything good at all. Other times, you can find extremely rare and powerful weapons, mounts, and armour.
  - Great things you can find include Perisno Twilight Horses, Wyverns, Elephants, the Highelf Sword, the Long Gothic Mace, the Darkforest Ranger Bow (pretty much best bow in the game), Fountain Guard Armour (elite-tier Falcon armour), and a whole bunch of other rare and interesting weapons, armour and mounts.

2: Equipment that the Magic Merchant sells is always of a random quality when you buy it. That Elven Noble Sword you buy could be a Masterwork (+1 speed/+5 damage), Balanced (+3 speed/+3 damage) if you're lucky, Rusty (-3 damage) if you're unlucky, or maybe you could just get a completely average item.
  - You always pay the normal, average price for an item regardless of how good it is. You could either get an amazing deal or get completely ripped off, depending on your luck.

3: If you don't like the inventory you see, you can shuffle the Magic Merchant's stock by first leaving the Tavern, and then entering again and talking to him. I do this to shop for a wide range of items and look for really rare stuff, like Masterwork/Lordly versions of already amazing gear.
  - Don't bankrupt yourself. It's very easy early on in the game to spend a LOT of money shopping for interesting gear that you should have been using to upgrade your units, recruit expensive companions like Aracanus/Tamaris, hire powerful mercenaries, etc.
  - Don't spend too long rerolling. I've caught myself sitting at the Tavern and rerolling the Magic Merchant for hours. It's like a slot machine except with expensive swords. SELF CONTROL IS REQUIRED!

wiwigvn said:
I just rescued 02 Perisno Runed Knight from defeating a few stacks of Zaan scouts, WTH? I thought they're very rare units, how the hell were they captured in Zaan scout stacks?

The stacks also got 10 Perisno Great Knights, 25 Crusaders, etc. quite perfect numbers that I suspected they simply spawned with the stacks. Is it true, devs? If yes I will remember to hunt down the Zaan scouts  :grin:
did Nox of zepelli spawn couse he has the runed knights ,great knight,perisno zealots,perisno crusaders
the only way to get the perisno runed knight is Nox being defeated by anyone and there will be some prisoners from nox 's party
and that will be runed knights and other guys,have bad relations to the party dat nox lost too and defeat him and wala
u can hire the runed knights

Talinoth said:
Norwegianben14 said:
ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
Its okay, np

I think there has to be more than one single Mystic Merchant, because I encounter them rather frequently, too frequently for them to be in only one Town at a time.

Like other Tavern npcs, they show up randomly in town Taverns. Just keep looking around the map and travelling a lot, and you should find one eventually.

Some things you should know;

1: They have a completely random selection of equipment. Sometimes, you won't find anything good at all. Other times, you can find extremely rare and powerful weapons, mounts, and armour.
  - Great things you can find include Perisno Twilight Horses, Wyverns, Elephants, the Highelf Sword, the Long Gothic Mace, the Darkforest Ranger Bow (pretty much best bow in the game), Fountain Guard Armour (elite-tier Falcon armour), and a whole bunch of other rare and interesting weapons, armour and mounts.

2: Equipment that the Magic Merchant sells is always of a random quality when you buy it. That Elven Noble Sword you buy could be a Masterwork (+1 speed/+5 damage), Balanced (+3 speed/+3 damage) if you're lucky, Rusty (-3 damage) if you're unlucky, or maybe you could just get a completely average item.
  - You always pay the normal, average price for an item regardless of how good it is. You could either get an amazing deal or get completely ripped off, depending on your luck.

3: If you don't like the inventory you see, you can shuffle the Magic Merchant's stock by first leaving the Tavern, and then entering again and talking to him. I do this to shop for a wide range of items and look for really rare stuff, like Masterwork/Lordly versions of already amazing gear.
  - Don't bankrupt yourself. It's very easy early on in the game to spend a LOT of money shopping for interesting gear that you should have been using to upgrade your units, recruit expensive companions like Aracanus/Tamaris, hire powerful mercenaries, etc.
  - Don't spend too long rerolling. I've caught myself sitting at the Tavern and rerolling the Magic Merchant for hours. It's like a slot machine except with expensive swords. SELF CONTROL IS REQUIRED!

wow, thanks for info, very helpful. I did not heed your advice, though, and spent a few hours rolling to finally get a thick fountain guard (is there a chance for lordly roll?), a normal perisno helmet and a heavy perisno twilight horse (I believe it's the second fastest mount with huge HP, after black armored wolf that can spawn in shops) :twisted:

T.L.S. said:
the only way to get the perisno runed knight
They can also appear in merc guild.

So almost any troop can spawn in merc guild? I was surprised when I found a couple of drachenritters in the merc guild  :lol:

Alright so I watch this channel called tokshen, and whenever he plays perisno he gets extra options when about to go into battle? How come? Is it a mod? If it is tell me which one I can get on steam.

Weird thing about the F1-F(something) menu in battles, is that everything after F3 disappears.
Doesn't happen for me in Silverstag. I wonder why :l

Added normal sliders for human females (lips, nose, cheeks etc. instead of those slider 1, slider 2, slider 3), added 1 more skin.
3K8gsfk.jpg
I think updated Khivachis looks cool.

Leonion said:
Added normal sliders for human females (lips, nose, cheeks etc. instead of those slider 1, slider 2, slider 3), added 1 more skin.
3K8gsfk.jpg
I think updated Khivachis looks cool.

Damn :shock: .................................if only I could marry Kivachis in future versions :shifty: ............she looks hot now :fruity: ..........I think she's my type. :oops:

Derdeppjones said:
I would Love to have to habe like an order with wich i could tell for example my archers: "focus fire in enemy archers"
That would be cool.
I often instruct my companions to engage the enemy archer division.  I do not know what will happen if I issue that command to my archers, but I will know as soon as I fight a lord, and let you know.

==================

I just tried it.  Unfortunately, the archers advance as they fire.  They do concentrate their fire on the specified group, though.

Bad news: black heavy armor from Grim Age OSP won't be used.
It wasn't made for the body that giants use. It was made for a different body. And the difference is big enough to make adjustments one hell of a pain in the ass for a person of my level of expertise in 3d modelling.
3K8HbY5.jpg

(pink one is giant armor, blue one is one of proposed black armors)

Good news: I made lods for giant armor in Blender. Shouldn't be that resource-consuming now.

Striptokop (AFAIR, you sent me the .obj armor), there is no use editing body armor as .obj. This format discards skinning, making armor pretty much useless.
This format can only be used for gloves, shields, weapons, sometimes helmets and other things that are not skinned.

For those whose PC lags/crashes in battles against giants:
Try this file with lods.
Put it into Resource subfolder in Perisno folder, overwriting the current one (which you may back up in advance just in case).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey6pmf95vjk4qn0/GrimAgeMarauder.brf?dl=0
I'll be grateful for reports (my own PC handles battles against giants just as well without lods as with them, so I can't see the difference myself).

Back
Top Bottom