Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Sajuuk333 said:
Yes, you must press H to bring up the tooltips. Y is for an area around you.

I feel so ashamed, I confused the hotkeys, sorry guys...i meant U, the hotkey U, or "Battlecry"....what is that depending on?

To clear up things:

"N" opens the tooltips
"H" closes the tooltips

I just recently started playing Perisno, and every battle I've been in, even one where there are relatively even sides with multiple lords in it, all the forces simply charge each other instead of setting up battle lines and marching toward one another. Is this normal?

I have Combat AI set to its highest value (Not sure if that matters).

Tuco said:
all the forces simply charge each other instead of setting up battle lines and marching toward one another. Is this normal?
Absolutely.
Charge is the only normal AI that ever existed in Warband, if you ask me.

However, it's strange that they charge, because dumb formations AI should be on by default. Check mod options, see if "CHAAAAAAARGE" option is unchecked.

Btw, Draharans always charge. It's a remnant of Native code where they were Khergits, which no-one bothered to change, and I'm not sure if I should, despite the fact that Draharans are pretty much different from them.

ste636 said:
Sajuuk333 said:
Yes, you must press H to bring up the tooltips. Y is for an area around you.

I feel so ashamed, I confused the hotkeys, sorry guys...i meant U, the hotkey U, or "Battlecry"....what is that depending on?

To clear up things:

"N" opens the tooltips
"H" closes the tooltips

- V is deploy pavise shield. I've never made this work before.
- T whistles for a horse. Can be useful in long battles when you want to switch to a new warhorse, or (if you're soloing) want to kill all the horses on the map so cavalry units can't remount.
- O is Borrow Ammo - walk near any of your own troops (NOT allies, only troops with your own banner sadly) and you can steal their arrows. One of the best ways of getting hundreds of kills in a siege.
- Y is First Aid - Lifesaving self heal. Heals (4x[First Aid] + [Intelligence]/3). For example, if you have First Aid 10 and Intelligence 30, the ability will heal you for ([4x10] + [30/3]) = 50 health
- U is Battlecry. (3x[Leadership] + Charisma) Awesome group heal. I use this roughly 10 seconds into a siege as I'm setting up my archer lines so troops on low hp get healed up and my archers stop to return fire, and in field battles I use it 5 seconds after my cavalry collide with the enemy to make sure I'm reducing casualties as much as possible.
- B is Warcry - (Only seems to work on units lower level than the player). Excellent for clearing space if you get mobbed, for disrupting formations to help your cavalry charges hit with fewer casualties, and to break the meatgrinder on castle walls by making their defence line walk away from the ladder.
- I is Taunt - Handy for helping stop the initial cavalry charge from hitting your lines in very small maps (especially flat forest maps, UGH) before your army is ready. You can use this to neuter enemy lancers by corralling them into a blob, and then hit (3+F1+Hold F1 and plant the flag on enemy cavalry blob) to have your cavalry charge theirs without worrying about them getting hit by couched lances. Higher Charisma increases the number of enemies affected.

Other Notes -

V is supposed to be for deploying a pavise shield, again, I've never made that work. However...

INSTEAD, V actually summons a reinforcement wave from your party - even when you just spawned on the map with the normal maximum number of troops! I only figured this one out very recently, but you could probably use this in sieges to bring in a huge wave of archers right at the very beginning, and clean even the Elves off their marksman posts. EDIT - This ability doesn't seem to work in sieges. Also, when you summon reinforcements, the enemy party summons their own reinforcements, if they have any - depending on how you use it, you might be able to finish off the entire enemy army at once... or if your party is smaller in size, you'll make your numerical disadvantage even worse and get swarmed by the enemy.

-

In my first experiments though, I've noticed one issue - You can't tell your troops to form up in lines 2/3/4/5 thick, etc (because I think that was one of the removed features), so instead your troops spread out in one thin line across the entire map.

For example, I'm playing with Battle Size 378 with a 600 strong party at the moment, and if I use V to call in reinforcements on a forest map (small map), my cavalry line up from one end of the map to the other. If you tell your troops to "Hold Position", it will take them a great deal of time to get into formation because they have to travel so far. Your troops could come under attack while they're still walking into position if you get charged by enemy cavalry, or if you just spawned in a siege.

EDIT - Calling reinforcements only seems to work if I've hit some other key first, either I or T. I/T -> V, then reinforcements arrive. I don't know why.

- T whistles for a horse but also gives a readout of enemy troop cohesion - at 100% the enemy will stay in a solid chunk if they're not charging at you. At lower cohesion, units will get itchy feet and some units will run in and out of their formation at random. You can observe this if you solo a bandit party with a blunt lance - some units will leave the blob and make themselves easy to hit without having to get close to the blob.

- B (if you're on foot) also seems to brace a polearm - your character crouches back in a readied position to receive a horse charge. Quite interesting but I've never used it in combat before.

---

If there are any other abilities not listed in the N menu, please tell me. The special abilities the player has are really fun and I love learning how to use them.

Are the green mist bombs bugged? Whenever I throw them I do 0 damage to basically anything. (or am i just doing it wrong)

Leaf Bombs scale in damage with Power Throw, I know that much. I have no idea whether your Strength affects throwing damage in this game, I almost never use throwing weapons.

Leaf Bombs are awesome for cleaning up crowds of weak bandits early on in the game, but you need serious points in Power Throw to make them effective against armoured targets. There are people running around with 70-80 body armour and 60-70 head armour, very elite troops. Every point of damage you can add is important.

If you're throwing them from horseback (great strategy, they're a wonderful ranged option against enemy infantry and you can still use a shield), there's a penalty to damage and accuracy - that you can reduce with points in the Horse Archery skill.

Like all ranged weapons, you'll score more damage if you're moving towards your target instead of away from them - ranged damage seems to be calculated based on projectile speed - which is why, for example, bows are awesome in Perisno (very high projectile speed) and very hard to use in With Fire and Sword (very bad projectile speed, quite a chore to train, guys with crappy homemade arquebuses have more range than you do, your arrows flop out of the air after 50 yards lmao).

Is the Red Immortals questline finished once you destroy the 10 guys in the patrol? The quest doesn't end once I kill them.

...also is all their loot random, then, and there will be no way for me to get any more shots at them beyond this :sad:?

cheesehat said:
Are the green mist bombs bugged? Whenever I throw them I do 0 damage to basically anything. (or am i just doing it wrong)

Early on you can get a large sack of leaf bombs, and declare war on a faction and just raid their villages. You can demolish their villagers with the leaf bombs, getting 12 kills a throw after a bit. So it's easy money.

hi, this is my first time i write something in the forum and i have to say that perisno is for more the best ever mod in all time for warband, thank you very much for this great mod, thanks for all team but principally for the most active like Leonion &  Talinoth, Leonion you are a genius! well i have a question, it is posible to recruit the red inmmortals? thanks and sorry for my english.

You can recruit the Red Immortals after you take them as prisoners.

Camp -> Take an Action -> Recruit some of your prisoners to your party.

You'll probably have to knock them out yourself to do it though. If you send in your own blunt weapon cavalry to take them out, they'll likely get shredded by the Immortals.

hBnaXRo.jpg

- HP and Armour: Immortals have 115 hp, 58 head armour, 75 body armour, 53 leg armour. They're VERY tanky, and while their armour isn't the best in the game, it's not awful either.
- Weapons: They use an Ancestral Greatsword (2h/1h weapon, 54 cut, 48 pierce, 108 speed, 111 range), Pila (Throwing weapon, 60 pierce, 85 speed, Bonus against Shields) and the Old Age Steel Shield (400 hp, 40 resistance, 90 size, speed 85). Their weapons are very good, and they're amazing at using them.
- Ranged Strength: Monstrously deadly. Their Pila, with 600 Throwing proficiency and 10 Power Throw with the 60p + Bonus to Shields are pinpoint accurate and take out the best shields in the game (other than the Aegis) in 2 or 3 hits. If they hit you, you're dead in two hits at most. Fortunately, they only have 4 shots each.
- Melee Strength: Godlike, probably the best unit in the game that's not a Hero. They're 300's Spartans with bastard swords. 115 hp, Str 60, Agi 43, Power Strike 10, Athletics 10 - they hit extremely hard and they're insanely fast despite their heavy armour. They will quickly mob any blunt weapon cavalry you send in and cut them to ribbons with the Ancestral Greatsword. If you send in your whole army, you'll take heavy losses and forever lose the chance to use these wonderful infantry yourself.

-

So what do you do, if your own blunt weapon cavalry will die in their droves?

You take a strong, fast mount (Perisno Twilight Horse or Wyvern), 3 very strong shields and a Jousting Lance. You're going to ride around them in a circle until they use up all their throwing weapons, and then send in your companions with blunt weapons. Your companions should manage to take out a couple of them, and during the distraction you should be able to take out 5-10 Immortals.

After that, you'll ride around the enemy mob with a couched lance being very careful to not get hit. If they hit the nose of your mount before you hit them with the lance you can very quickly find yourself dismounted.

It doesn't matter too much if you get knocked out early, as long as you've knocked out about 20-30 of them that round. Keep doing it and you should soon have the entire party of Red Immortals as prisoners.

Take care of them. They're incredible in sieges, though they don't use their shields as often as I'd like, so keep them hidden amongst your other infantry. I keep 10 of them at the bottom of my party, and I break them out whenever I need to break a meatgrinder in a particularly bad siege.

Talinoth said:

OK : new to, and in LOVE with Perisno :grin:

My beef  :twisted:

The recruitment of Red Immortals is impossible for a player with a low level. 
For me:  at level 28 , charisma 7 and persuasion 5 , they refuse to join  :evil: , in both direct dialogue and camp recruitment of prisoners.
(I also got all companions but their Char./Pers. skills do not party-stack. I've got decent renown and honor but that doesn't count , or does it ?  :???:  )

Shouldn't be mentioned that the quest should be done at a very high level for the player , so Red Immortals can be recruited?  :roll: 

Or better :
The guest should not be available unless the player has a level high enough to recruit the Red Immortals , since THEY are the real price for the quest , rather than the shield...

:fruity:

@Talinoth = otherwise  your guides and advises are heaven sent ...  :iamamoron:

Sorry if this is written about somewhere, but I just started with 0.8 and can't progress past the first Adventurer's Guild quest. I'll hunt down the peasant rebels and the quest completes, but talking to the guildsman back in Forniron still gives the same "I will bring back the money immediately" dialogue and nothing progresses. Is this bugged or have i misunderstood the quest?

Talinoth said:

Camp -> Take an Action -> Recruit some of your prisoners to your party.

You'll probably have to knock them out yourself to do it though. If you send in your own blunt weapon cavalry to take them out, they'll likely get shredded by the Immortals.

hBnaXRo.jpg

- HP and Armour: Immortals have 115 hp, 58 head armour, 75 body armour, 53 leg armour. They're VERY tanky, and while their armour isn't the best in the game, it's not awful either.
- Weapons: They use an Ancestral Greatsword (2h/1h weapon, 54 cut, 48 pierce, 108 speed, 111 range), Pila (Throwing weapon, 60 pierce, 85 speed, Bonus against Shields) and the Old Age Steel Shield (400 hp, 40 resistance, 90 size, speed 85). Their weapons are very good, and they're amazing at using them.
- Ranged Strength: Monstrously deadly. Their Pila, with 600 Throwing proficiency and 10 Power Throw with the 60p + Bonus to Shields are pinpoint accurate and take out the best shields in the game (other than the Aegis) in 2 or 3 hits. If they hit you, you're dead in two hits at most. Fortunately, they only have 4 shots each.
- Melee Strength: Godlike, probably the best unit in the game that's not a Hero. They're 300's Spartans with bastard swords. 115 hp, Str 60, Agi 43, Power Strike 10, Athletics 10 - they hit extremely hard and they're insanely fast despite their heavy armour. They will quickly mob any blunt weapon cavalry you send in and cut them to ribbons with the Ancestral Greatsword. If you send in your whole army, you'll take heavy losses and forever lose the chance to use these wonderful infantry yourself.

-

So what do you do, if your own blunt weapon cavalry will die in their droves?

You take a strong, fast mount (Perisno Twilight Horse or Wyvern), 3 very strong shields and a Jousting Lance. You're going to ride around them in a circle until they use up all their throwing weapons, and then send in your companions with blunt weapons. Your companions should manage to take out a couple of them, and during the distraction you should be able to take out 5-10 Immortals.

After that, you'll ride around the enemy mob with a couched lance being very careful to not get hit. If they hit the nose of your mount before you hit them with the lance you can very quickly find yourself dismounted.

It doesn't matter too much if you get knocked out early, as long as you've knocked out about 20-30 of them that round. Keep doing it and you should soon have the entire party of Red Immortals as prisoners.

Take care of them. They're incredible in sieges, though they don't use their shields as often as I'd like, so keep them hidden amongst your other infantry. I keep 10 of them at the bottom of my party, and I break them out whenever I need to break a meatgrinder in a particularly bad siege.

thank you very much for your complete answer, one more thing, i like to know if i need certain points or average with any faction and what faction will be? maybe dont understand me, i mean like when i recruit wolf prisioners is because i have good relation with that faction, up to 40 points, ok, i want to know what faction is the red immortal and how many relaiton points need, sorry cause my english and thank you again for your patiance.

Aegiss said:
Talinoth said:

OK : new to, and in LOVE with Perisno :grin:

My beef  :twisted:

The recruitment of Red Immortals is impossible for a player with a low level. 
For me:  at level 28 , charisma 7 and persuasion 5 , they refuse to join  :evil: , in both direct dialogue and camp recruitment of prisoners.
(I also got all companions but their Char./Pers. skills do not party-stack. I've got decent renown and honor but that doesn't count , or does it ?  :???:  )

Shouldn't be mentioned that the quest should be done at a very high level for the player , so Red Immortals can be recruited?  :roll: 

Or better :
The guest should not be available unless the player has a level high enough to recruit the Red Immortals , since THEY are the real price for the quest , rather than the shield...

:fruity:

@Talinoth = otherwise  your guides and advises are heaven sent ...  :iamamoron:

Aegiss thankyou for your very good answer, im ask Talinoth too of the faction relation percent i need for the recruit of the red immortals, and from who faction they are, again thanks and sorry for my english, awasome you guys!

I honestly don't know what faction the Red Immortals are from. I recruited them on the first try, oddly enough, but I don't know how the prisoner recruitment formula works.

It's worth taking into account that my character was quite strong when I did the quest. These stats may or may not have an effect on whether you can recruit prisoners;

Renown: 7665
Honour Rating: 589

Charisma: 32
Persuasion: 2
Prisoner Management: 2(+3 points from party members)

Again, I don't really know how prisoner recruitment works. One thing I have noticed though, is that you seem to have a better chance of recruiting prisoners if you've been travelling around with them for a while - they might have their own Morale score that goes down the longer they're in captivity.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

For some people, include me, unfortunately, all custom quests in 0.8.14 are broken.  I have gone back to 0.8.13 so that I can try all the new quests.  Note that you cannot move saved games to an older version, so if you want quests, you will probably need to start a new game.  You can still import a character, of course.

Back
Top Bottom