Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

T.L.S. said:
Zombie_Freak115 said:
So i have been playing Perisno for a while now, and i have heard it is possible to obtain mounts such as dragons.

So my question is: is it possible to get those mounts, and if so, how?
Dragons - cheat menu only, all others can be bought or obtained throught quests or as part of some inheritances.
oh speaking of cheat menu i love to buy the practice bow BASH BOW WHA?so the zann failed to capture a city(there fault for trying to take a redwood city dont recommend trying to do this hardly ever ends well) in my game and now they're joining my faction this hasnt happened to me before idk if this is what supposed to happen but im thankful

Hey guys i need some help, i appointed a citizen to be my minister, but he cant do anything so i want to appoint someone else, but i dont see the option to that, what am i supposed to do now?

Malkav said:
Hey guys i need some help, i appointed a citizen to be my minister, but he cant do anything so i want to appoint someone else, but i dont see the option to that, what am i supposed to do now?
Dismiss him and choose wife or one of your companions after that

Is there any practical difference between a vassal who is Good Natured and one who is Upstanding?  Neither gets upset if you give a fief to someone else, but are there other differences to take into account?

Sleeeves said:
Is there any practical difference between a vassal who is Good Natured and one who is Upstanding?  Neither gets upset if you give a fief to someone else, but are there other differences to take into account?
Upstanding more often have disputes with lords worse than matrial and much less active in term of war. Good-natured lords with high renown sometimes even more effective as marshals than matrial lords.

Can you guys bring the permadeath feature (for lords, kings, companions and yourself) ?
And make an option to turn it on/off like in Brytenwalda ?
It would make it more harder and I like killing lords who betrayed me  :twisted:

JackAvenger said:
Can you guys bring the permadeath feature (for lords, kings, companions and yourself) ?
It would make it more harder and I like killing lords who betrayed me  :twisted:

I've considered it for next month's submod but otherwise it's not my call.
I'm more interested in the PLAYER dieing than in enabling revenge for NPCs. 
This to be modified by your actions, so as to have wicked characters be increasingly "unlucky" in battles and righteous dudes (and ladies) having a positive shift in terms of what the bell curve hands them.  This could be applied to NPCs also, but if a lord goes down there is likely a succession.  Also in terms of what the spouse does afterwards needs to be set.  All of this means a need to tweak code in many places, not just 1 place as you might think. 

If implemented there wouldn't be a on/off toggle in my version; you'd just best get used to rerolling if you want to roleplay a scumbag for long, while nice guys/gals really DO finish last...

Hard mode for .8 was rumored to be toggleable at game start only and after that it stays until next character reroll.

I'm really only looking to work on some specific layers that I think need deep work; overall what stays in and what is left behind is someone else's call for .8  My layers will preview before the final decision is made, but won't specifically follow any assumptions made by Perisno.  SO things may be gone for a test or added for a test not really expected in Perisno at all; Perisno .8 will be more predictable (as in you know the mechanics) and likely a "better" game in some respects.  I can promise only that I would make it quite different from anything you've seen, but thats not neccessarily a good thing  :smile:

Robin wanted to have a "hard mode" which may have permadeath.  It's sort of murky how succession, if any, works in his scheme.

- GS

gsanders said:
JackAvenger said:

I've considered it for next month's submod but otherwise it's not my call.
I'm more interested in the PLAYER dieing than in enabling revenge for NPCs. 
This to be modified by your actions, so as to have wicked characters be increasingly "unlucky" in battles and righteous dudes (and ladies) having a positive shift in terms of what the bell curve hands them.  This could be applied to NPCs also, but if a lord goes down there is likely a succession.  Also in terms of what the spouse does afterwards needs to be set.  All of this means a need to tweak code in many places, not just 1 place as you might think. 

If implemented there wouldn't be a on/off toggle in my version; you'd just best get used to rerolling if you want to roleplay a scumbag for long, while nice guys/gals really DO finish last...

Hard mode for .8 was rumored to be toggleable at game start only and after that it stays until next character reroll.

I'm really only looking to work on some specific layers that I think need deep work; overall what stays in and what is left behind is someone else's call for .8  My layers will preview before the final decision is made, but won't specifically follow any assumptions made by Perisno.  SO things may be gone for a test or added for a test not really expected in Perisno at all; Perisno .8 will be more predictable (as in you know the mechanics) and likely a "better" game in some respects.  I can promise only that I would make it quite different from anything you've seen, but thats not neccessarily a good thing  :smile:

Robin wanted to have a "hard mode" which may have permadeath.  It's sort of murky how succession, if any, works in his scheme.

- GS

Thank you for the quick answer!
I hope there'll be such a hard mode in the future!  :cool:

T.L.S. said:
How damage soak from ironflesh works (dmg decreased by some % constantly, by chance or something else)?

Right now it is 3% of damage per ironflesh point, so if you SHOULD have taken 40 points but you have skill 4 in ironflesh you have

actual damage =  normal damage - ((3*4) * (normal damage rolled) / 100 points) whenever  normal damge > 0.

so it is your first guess -- constant % less

This is from Rigale, one of many such experiments in the pipeline...

- GS

Trying to marry Princess Lith (oh my god really?), she says that there are other maidens who have captured her heart (still), I get a bunch of red error messages followed by something to the effect "You don't have the spark of romance yet"

What I do to get spark of romance??? Can I buy on Ebay?

Q. I've been seeing some modders being listed as Apprentice developers. What does that mean? 
Some players who really enjoy the mod, and want to help but don't know anything about modding join the dev. team as "Apprentice Developers". The team will teach that person the basics of modding and from there the possibilities are endless.

Oh come on :cry:

Hello
I have played a bit of Perisno and loved the details and the work put into this mod.
I have had only one major issue:  i have never managed managed to court a lady, contrary to what happened in my native warband experience.

Every time i approach a lady at a feast i say hi, introduce myself, ask information and then the only option left is proclaiming myself an ardent admirer.
The problem is that i always end up ruining it (relation goes from 0 to -2), no matter what.

I have now loads of renown, am the kind of my own kingdom and lead 300 fighters in battle and whatnot, but still suck at courting.

The issue is quite relevant because a wife is highly important to appoint lords and assigning fiefs now that my kingdom is expanding (so romantic, innit?) so i need o get married QUICK

Does anyone knows if there's an issue in PERISNO relative to courtship?
Thanks

Kimboz

the personality of the kingdom lady matters also.

Generally when you talk to them if you will be getting -2 they would say something like "Now, if you'll excuse me..." when you first talk to them.
If they DON'T say this, you have a chance for positive relation.  Let us hope you asked her father or brother for permission to visit her first, before asking her.

I find kingdom ladies that are ambitious enjoy getting asked and can have a huge boost.  Romantic somewhat less so.  Conventional only a little.  But to be honest I always ask "adventurous" first, as I want a wife that plans to be equal, can join my party as a companion, and in general likes armor and weaponry.
But that's more a reflection of my personal taste in womankind.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom