Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

How dare you call noble nords thieves!
Troops don't usually come with training, engineering or medical skills either (etc). TBH I don't even know if all those skills work right, or if having 1 troop with 5 trainer or 10 with 5 trainer makes any difference. I kinda doubt it, perhaps it works as the (10+2) part though, again, IDK.
Bought 5 mounted nuns from merc guild. My two med skills greened to +3. As if having +1 book. Hoped they would work as actual medics :smile:
I assume for now that four units with 6 in skill act as +1 for you. and every extra four same units(or any units with same skill?) would be another +1... Which would lead to player only 10(+4) without player investing 10 points in affected skills.
won't be supprised if it all got explained already long ago somewhere

Last edited:
I have similiar stats to Dantelh, except for 7 persuasion. So just now I went to Maccan which is down to one city and has about 10 lords. I was able to turn 3 guys who were upstanding (2) and good natured but with lower reknown 650-750 range, I was not able to turn the GN/Up guys with 900-1500 reknown. All of them obviously had no keeps. Note though, although I have 250 honor, I only had about 20 reputation with all of them.

What is your renown? A higher score than the lord could be the most important variable.

They definitely have a penalty for speed and damage (if you use a shield), if you are using a sword and shield play style it is often better to use a one handed weapon (the Scorpion and Assassin's Sword are really good and have great reach and speed), although Perisno does have some awesome bastard weapons (Skyfall and Kingsslayer). I do not know the exact penalty for bastard weapons, some say 35%, some say 15%, some say it depends on your proficiency (the higher, the less the penalty). But I can definitely feel there is atleast some sort of penalty. I don't think the trait of a bastard weapon of being versatile (being able to switch from one handed to two handed) is really a good trait; often you want to train and focus on one or two specific proficiencies (one melee, and one ranged), and changing from one handed to two handed simply limits this learning rate

I do not know the exact penalty for bastard weapons, some say 35%, some say 15%, some say it depends on your proficiency (the higher, the less the penalty)
15% for both speed and damage.
Penalty is not reduced by proficiency, BUT You get 0,15% more damage and speed per point above 100 for each weapon type.

I see on bastards thanks. Though I'm more interested in blunts, not swords.

15% for both speed and damage.
Penalty is not reduced by proficiency, BUT You get 0,15% more damage and speed per point above 100 for each weapon type.
So, reach isn't touched and shield+1h NPCs just need 200+ 1h proficiency to neglect penalty?

So, reach isn't touched
Well, it wouldn't make any sense.
shield+1h NPCs just need 200+ 1h proficiency to neglect penalty?
Not really to neglect, but to be on pair with someone with just 100 proficiency. For example, if you want the same damage and speed as someone with 300 prof. You need 453:
(300 - 100) * 0,0015 = 0,3
(1 + 0,3) / 0,85 = 1,5294
(1,5294 - 1) / 0,0015 = 353
353 + 100 = 453

Interesting about the 0.15% damage and speed bonus per proficiency level for every proficiency, I did not know it for damage, I thought it increased damage indirectly because you swung faster and thus gained more speed bonus. For speed I always used a little bit of rule of thumb that every 100 proficiency levels increases the speed of a weapon of that proficiency with 10, so I was pretty close then.

Block crush depends mainly on your speed bonus, if someone runs towards you and gets close your speed bonus will be pretty negative and you won't be able to crush through block. But in 99% other cases, yes, it will always succeed with overhead swing. But if you are fast enough (enough speed bonus), for example on horseback, you will be able to crush through block via any direction. That's why I think atletics is also a pretty underestimated skill; it doesn't make you only faster on foot, it also gives you more speed bonus and thus you will deal more damage.

The Mercenary Lancer (regular mercenary, not Tolranian) has a Perisno Royal Charger. I suppose they weren't supposed to, since they have also the kraken horse in the inventory, so how do I remove them?

Is there an option that makes nights less dark? I have tried fully putting the gamma slider to the right, but that did barely help. Sometimes I have to play in a fully dark room just to be able to see anything. In native I did not have this problem.

Is there an option that makes nights less dark? I have tried fully putting the gamma slider to the right, but that did barely help. Sometimes I have to play in a fully dark room just to be able to see anything. In native I did not have this problem.
I totally agree that version .9 nights are totally way too dark even with full brightness.

Is it just me or do lances deal way too little damage in this mod? I'm equipped with a red striped lance and PS 9, and I deal about 30-40 points of damage at most to most mid tier troops and above, even at the most successful hits. Does couch lance damage apply in this mod or am I doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom