Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks! I'm glad that you replied to my post, esp with such useful info and haste. I had pondered about the effectiveness of trading and landowners options in game and am glad  to hear they are lucrative. I did a lot of reading around on Perisno but somehow managed to miss .72 docs. Yes I am playing .75 and anxiously awaiting .8! I downloaded Phosphor today and started on that a bit, nice work sir! Does the perisno team have any plans port to over the mod to VC? Ive been brushing up on my Python skills in hopes of contributing somehow to VC. I would attempt to join perisno devs but all the apprentice slots are filled! Again thanks for the reply bud!

I was aiding a lord in battle as it started i got  red message saying get_object failed for mesh arms: h11 then about 3 minutes after my game crashed. I tried doing a different battle with some villagers just to see if it would come up again and everything went fine. i reloaded my save and tried aiding the lord again i got the red message then crash. what should i do?

I went back to see were this error occurs and im getting it when ever i talk to a Valahir Clan lord. its the same message just different h# for example h06

@Sorenerv  well... I'd offer work on Phosphor project but it has too much code from Perisno at the moment, so I can't invite people to look at it unless they were already part of Perisno.  The Perisno apprentices aren't very interested in helping me, as Pho isn't famous like Perisno, and thus far the ones I asked generally don't want to do much.  I'm guessing the project will have more openings later in the summer, after .8 gets sorted.  By VC, you mean Viking Conquest, a Warband port sold separately but using the Warband engine?  Write mods for Warband, VC == Warband.  If you mean "BannerLord", that's had much talk and little to show for some years now.  It's developing even slower than the 35 years my Phosphor has been gestating... or the 7-8 years of Perisno. 

I'm convinced there are still layers that can be put into a game, so if you think there's still something new that "ought" to be written, by all means work on your Python and sooner or later you can join us.  That was the aim of the Rigale project, to make a "jumping off" platform for new modders, and the v12 is fairly advanced as it shows integration of Cernunos Rigale with Diplomacy, modmerger, formations, and many other OSPs as a proof of concept (as well as 80% integration/re-implementation of the first working magic from Mount & Blade 8 years ago).  But enough of that.

Perisno .8 doesn't have enough active people working on it so it moves slowly.  I'll try to at least match the rest of the team in changes on Phosphor but at the moment I'm knee deep in items changes, which aren't as slick as coding changes.  As for Phosphor, I tested 18 series with Zykox, 19 series was 18 with Zann changes for .75 Perisno, and 20 is at the moment just 19 with items juggled in preparation for martial arts and magic.  It's still more concept than implementation, but 18 was definitely playable, as should be 19.

Well, for what its worth.

- GS

Tingyun said:
Thanks for the amazing mod! Some bug reports, all experienced when playing in Drahara lands (haven't played enough to be sure the same applies elsewhere):

1) I visited 2 villages and 1 capital town (Drahara) and asked a bunch of commoners their profession, and the results were way too homogenous. Every villager said they sift salt, and every townmen said they unload spices. While I didn't try everyone, I did sample 5 or so commoners from each location.

2) Some ladies are being generated with inconsistent family relations, namely sisters. Ie, she is a sister of one guy, who has 2 brothers, but she isn't listed as a sister of any of them.

3) I professed "most ardent admirer" to a lady, and it instantly gave me +100 relations with her. Since I was a new character, this seems a bit too quick.

4) Recieved a love letter quest from a married lord (seems to not have affected the lady in question after delivery, she didn't gain a suitor or anything). Not sure if WAD.

1) its by nation, and the code is simple so the results are seen changing by moving around.  The idea was to help remind people what the regional specialties were.  This was from Native -- in Perisno I tweaked each city to have a little more shift for local economy purposes, to make trade routes viable again.  So Drahara has MUCH more spice and salt than they know what to do with, in your case.

2) Native has 6 kingdoms and only 12 lords in each kingdom can be "fathers", although there are 20 lords per major kingdom.  In Perisno it isn't written in stone each of those 12 is actually a father - some can be children, some not.  Leftover lords that aren't given a family are then put in afterwards into a prime family, but *after* that family assigned women.  This is so that marriage and family checks work.  This is how extra brothers end up in one family -- the game only has 1 slot for father, 1 for brother for a given lady, so any extra brothers don't have slots given in the kingdom lady (sister) assignment.  I mention this because that's something I worked on last December, but it wasn't completely mine, I just adapted Native to a case where there were more minor kingdoms with fewer lords.  Native's scheme tended to cross borders and marry families across state lines, so it needed some fairly arcane changes to not have hakkons marrying elves (although if you look at the map its not unreasonable)...

3) This is a bug.  Perhaps you hit on an Orphan, a Kingdom lady with no father or brother assigned.  I never did finish doing something useful with Orphans.

4) This is a quest from an OSP added in Perisno that takes a random lord and pairs it with a random lady, regardless of marriage or status.  It doesn't add to suitors, of which 3 slots are possible, but it does add or subtract slightly to your relation with the sender and receiver.  it's sort of a "local color" quest, not very important but giving some idea of how to roleplay or not a romance in the Warblade world.  There is one obvious answer for each question and 2 humorous answers that will absolutely make the quest fail, and hopefully you can give advice to prevent the lord from appearing like a pig at romance.  It's a bit harmless...  This becomes much more difficult for Perisno, as some of the lords are now ladies (Princesses), making the quest seem lesbian.  It wasn't meant that way, but the code isn't very complicated and doesn't really check as to gender mismatches or marriage or whether the object is being courted by you, a very special instance of "Hero" class in Warband.

- GS

chibirobo said:
I was aiding a lord in battle as it started i got  red message saying get_object failed for mesh arms: h11 then about 3 minutes after my game crashed. I tried doing a different battle with some villagers just to see if it would come up again and everything went fine. i reloaded my save and tried aiding the lord again i got the red message then crash. what should i do?

I went back to see were this error occurs and im getting it when ever i talk to a Valahir Clan lord. its the same message just different h# for example h06

those two meshes are missing in Perisno .74 but should be in the full download Perisno .75
  Get the full Perisno .75 download from Moddb, it should have the missing resource files.
  Those two meshes are from armor worn by some Valahir lords.

- GS

gsanders said:
chibirobo said:

those two meshes are missing in Perisno .74 but should be in the full download Perisno .75
  Get the full Perisno .75 download from Moddb, it should have the missing resource files.
  Those two meshes are from armor worn by some Valahir lords.

- GS

I downloaded Perisno 0.75 from nexus but ill go ahead and download .75 from moddb thank you for the quick reply

gsanders said:
@Sorenerv  well... I'd offer work on Phosphor project but it has too much code from Perisno at the moment, so I can't invite people to look at it unless they were already part of Perisno.  The Perisno apprentices aren't very interested in helping me, as Pho isn't famous like Perisno, and thus far the ones I asked generally don't want to do much.  I'm guessing the project will have more openings later in the summer, after .8 gets sorted.  By VC, you mean Viking Conquest, a Warband port sold separately but using the Warband engine?  Write mods for Warband, VC == Warband.  If you mean "BannerLord", that's had much talk and little to show for some years now.  It's developing even slower than the 35 years my Phosphor has been gestating... or the 7-8 years of Perisno. 

I'm convinced there are still layers that can be put into a game, so if you think there's still something new that "ought" to be written, by all means work on your Python and sooner or later you can join us.  That was the aim of the Rigale project, to make a "jumping off" platform for new modders, and the v12 is fairly advanced as it shows integration of Cernunos Rigale with Diplomacy, modmerger, formations, and many other OSPs as a proof of concept (as well as 80% integration/re-implementation of the first working magic from Mount & Blade 8 years ago).  But enough of that.

Perisno .8 doesn't have enough active people working on it so it moves slowly.  I'll try to at least match the rest of the team in changes on Phosphor but at the moment I'm knee deep in items changes, which aren't as slick as coding changes.  As for Phosphor, I tested 18 series with Zykox, 19 series was 18 with Zann changes for .75 Perisno, and 20 is at the moment just 19 with items juggled in preparation for martial arts and magic.  It's still more concept than implementation, but 18 was definitely playable, as should be 19.

Well, for what its worth.

- GS

Oh awesome thanks for the thought, I would gladly accept the honor of helping to work on Phosphor. Yes I mean Viking Conquest DLC, I am liking the new concepts and ideas there but also ofc just like warband it is missing some things that a lot of the mods here on TaleWorlds like Perisno have to offer for warband and had the slight hope that some version of Perisno and its features/story would get "ported" over to work on Viking Conquest(I dont have bannerlord in mind yet other than Im wanting to do work now to get more experience with this game so that i can possibly do some kind of work with bannerlord when it comes out but atm I am more interested in preparing for Viking Conquest). VC == Viking Conquest or Warband Viking Conquest >= :smile:
35 years is long planning period wow lol! Awesome. I know a good bit of Python and would say im intermediate in knowledge but when I look at the python syntax in the module files its all japanese so Im going to get to work on a submod I have in mind to get familar with it. Really bums me to hear theres not enough people working on .8 and you make it sound as if its a snail race lol. Goodluck on your item editing, all those different versions is rather slightly confusing to an outsider and perhaps some different or more clarification may help to attract new players?
I know this is not the correct forum post to keep discussing such things that we are, I dont know if thats a big issue or not but I wanted to mention that Im currently working on a submod of Floris Expanded, which I dont have any plans to public release atm but wouldnt mind showing it off to those interested as to prove my abilities once done. Nothing fancy but a great start for me, I am all self taught + tutorials :smile: .  I've already begun working on a modified map, attemping atm to figure out how to make the map slightly bigger(its the vanilla map). I want to shift some of the villages on the mainland inward some closer to some of the owning factions but not many of them which im already doing. Also Going to add in an island nation faction of Amazon Sister Sword slavers off the coast of Rhodok Republic with their own towns/castles/villages/lords that raid by boats(is my hope). Probally would not sound like such a daunting task to someone of your skill caliber but for me this small project is rather gargantuan! Very fun for me tho, besides a disabled person has to do something to kill the time!! You seem to be very knowledgeful and friendly, I was pondering if i get stuck somewhere along the way with some technical things implementing my mod would you mind if I message you about it?
Again thanks for the replies!

I downloaded the full version of Perisno .75 from Moddb im still getting these messages

lQkrlAp.jpg
u7p4vtP.jpg

ive played with this a bit and i have found that if i have them in the player interaction screen as posted and battle them everything goes fine

its only when i don't engage them directly by this i mean if i aid in a battle against the battle loads then about 3 or 5 minutes goes by then i get a CTD

GS,

Thanks so much for your reply. All makes sense, but number 3) regarding the +100 relations, was not with an orphan (it was once with Lady Tuan who was sister to a top Drahara lord, and once with another sister).

Thanks again for all your amazing work! Here are some more possible bugs from recent playing:

1)Well made beer does not provide morale bonus

2)Mensirian knights (spelling? The mercenary ones) in the dialogue when you ask about them, they say "very interesting", when that should be the player response

3)Field marshall for tolrinians (spelling?) had his sister present at a reich banquet--seems something is going wrong with the way his home is set

4)Lore entry in perisno concepts for maccavian faction (spelling?) is filled with grammatical errors (basically every sentence). The one at the online wiki feels like a much revised better version. Suggest replacing.

5)A great many troops like snow crawlers have their upgrade set as glory seeking man and perisno recruit--intended?

EDIT- 6) Not sure if bug report or suggestion, but I notice most lord's armies (at least in the Reich) wander around with the lord at severly wounded state (often 0-10%) even when the main army is almost entirely intact. I wonder if the auto-combat formula is too willing to do damage to lords.

nodachi is bugged it says its a 1h/2h weapon but when you pair it with a shield you cant attack

rellum said:
I recently tried the Red immortal quest and beat the main party. The leader escaped and hasn't respawned as far as I can see, the quest is still sitting in my quest log. Is this a bug?

Can anyone answer this?

rellum said:
rellum said:
I recently tried the Red immortal quest and beat the main party. The leader escaped and hasn't respawned as far as I can see, the quest is still sitting in my quest log. Is this a bug?

Can anyone answer this?
Yes, it's bugged.  Eventually you will get a "Quest failed" notification.

The problem is they use the standard Ai so if they see you with a group of like 150 they will nope out of there.

buang said:
nodachi is bugged it says its a 1h/2h weapon but when you pair it with a shield you cant attack
Added to bug report

Can anyone send me a save game file that where you meet Demon Marshal Ialoch, and cause a CTD. I need it to test some bug fixes.

Thanks.

zoo889 said:
I gotta pay my slaves 13 gold every week? They're my slaves, why would they get paid?

I tried looking in Morgh's but couldn't find anything to fix it.

Any way to change this?
If they are part of your "army", then they will have to be paid, regardless what they are. That's how warband works. If they fight for you, you gotta pay em...  :party: :party:

zoo889 said:
I gotta pay my slaves 13 gold every week? They're my slaves, why would they get paid?

I tried looking in Morgh's but couldn't find anything to fix it.

Any way to change this?

Equipment, Romans use to pay their slaves with an allowance. Could be a standard in Perisno that slaves are given a allowance, kinda like a rule of ownership accepted by all traditions in Perisno.

gortun said:
If I ask her for marry me:

5qg52jst.jpg

It's simply complaining about the check for player's race.
  I would simply remove the check and be done with it if I still put much time into straight Phosphor, er "Perisno"
    that check is at  module_scripts,
      npc_decision_checklist_marry_female_pc    line 53339 in my source

offending lines
(princess Linthradil) 
  (troop_get_type,":character_race","trp_player"),    # GS approved method to check player's race
                (try_begin),    # race adjust
                    (try_begin),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_male),    # GS Human male
                        (val_add, ":romantic_chemistry", 4),
                    (else_try),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_elven_male),
                        (val_add, ":romantic_chemistry", 9),
                    (else_try),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_dwarf_male),
                        (val_sub, ":romantic_chemistry", 12),  # GS all her friends would start talking...
                    (try_end),
                (try_end),

(Princess Birgit):

(troop_get_type,":character_race","trp_player"),    # GS church approved method to check char race
                (try_begin),    # race adjust
                    (try_begin),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_male),    # GS Human male
                        (val_add, ":romantic_chemistry", 5),
                    (else_try),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_elven_male),
                        (val_sub, ":romantic_chemistry", 5), 
                    (else_try),
                        (eq,":character_race",tf_dwarf_male),
                        (val_add, ":romantic_chemistry", 8 ),  # GS they're so cute and studly fighters...
                    (try_end),
                (try_end),

In the scripts.txt File are mainly numbers. I need a special editor?

Other Question: Has this error influence to she would marry me?

mfg
Gortun

Back
Top Bottom