Perisno Factions, Lore, and Info

Users who are viewing this thread

Vulgard said:
A question to the devs - can I use the world of Perisno and some of its lore in a book I'm writing? Idk if I'll ever finish it, but for now I'm really in the mood for writing and I couldn't come up with any world idea of my own. I can credit you if needed. I don't demand the rights to all of the lore, because a LOT will be modified, but the general world and some of the names is all I desire.

PM Michadr, it belongs to him.

Is there a way to see the troop trees while in the game, like in the notes or something? I've been looking but haven't been able to find them.

Sleeeves said:
Skelet0r67 said:
Is there a way to see the troop trees while in the game, like in the notes or something? I've been looking but haven't been able to find them.
It's the first thing listed in Reports.

there are 3 troop tree viewers.
  one says troop tree and two are in reports: reference

The Third Legion's lore in the original post has been updated and expanded in anticipation of some changes coming in 0.772 and (later) 0.8. I'll post it here as well:

Old Lore

[size=12pt]The Third Legion[/size]
The Third Legion is a remnant of an ancient Perisnoan Empire. It is rumored that the ancestors of the Third Legion used to rule the entire world, and there was not a region in the world where the name was not known. However, the Third Legion's time is long gone, and now their military might is only a tiny fragment of what it used to be. Nevertheless, they have adapted to new technologies and innovations, and are steadily growing in power. Lead by their ambitious general Octavius, they will stop at nothing to achieve domination of the world and raise their old empire back from the ruins.

New Lore

[size=12pt]The Third Legion[/size]
The Third Legion is a remnant of the ancient Venetor Empire, the first great power to inhabit Perisno. It is said that the Venetor Empire, under the prodigious Emperor Trilond, used to rule the better part of the world, and that there was not a remote corner of the land that their fame had not touched. At the time, the Third Legion was Emperor Trilond’s most prestigious army division, and many men of the Third served in his personal guard regiment. The Third Legion’s leader, or Atanos, in the days of the Empire was a charismatic man named Octiem.

In the year 67, however, Emperor Trilond fell ill in his old age. After his death, there was tremendous infighting within the Venetor aristocracy for his position and, by 68, the provisional government had failed to select a candidate. Seeing certain doom in the future of Venetor, Octiem’s Third and a small group of civilian supporters fled the crumbling Empire and took refuge in southern Perisno, around modern-day Amarna. They watched in shock as the centuries of civilization they had been a part of crumbled to the ground in a series of rebellions, and soon Octiem and his followers were the only intact memory of their glorious Empire.

For over two centuries, the Third Legion and the few other surviving members of Venetor kept their traditions and customs safe. Based out of an old military outpost that had been relatively untouched by the Empire’s fall, the Third bravely defended against  increasingly prevalent threats on the Perisno mainland. First it was the Demon Worshippers, then the mischievous Redwood Elves, and now the Third finds themselves surrounded by many diverse cultures that all present a threat to the ways of the old. Now lead by a direct descendant of Atanos Octiem that goes by the same name, the Third Legion wishes to once again expand their powers from coast to Perisnoan coast, to raise their long lost Venetor Empire from the ruins and expel all those that stand in their way.

Are the minor factions going to have an appearance? I know minor factions such as the Masnerian Knights, they speak of a castle or a stronghold where they're trained. Same goes with the Wolf knights.

So I have to ask, have you guys thought about a faction based around Woodsmen. Think Slavs mixed with Kievan Rus, with a healthy amount of get out off our land mentality.

TyrVanden said:
So I have to ask, have you guys thought about a faction based around Woodsmen. Think Slavs mixed with Kievan Rus, with a healthy amount of get out off our land mentality.
We aren't currently looking to add more factions to 0.8 (we are already going to be adding a few from 0.772), however some of the Reich's cav have Rus-inspired looks, for example the Reiter and the Kavallerie.

I have noticed that and it is something I like to see since you don't see those influences used a lot in a medieval fantasy universe. also I just want to say I love the mod and all the new additions you guys have made really fleshed it out, and im excited to see where it goes. also pretty excited to see how the giants turn out.

Lore for the Ukundu has been added to the bottom of the minor faction list (and to the wiki). Note that the Ukundu have essentially taken the place of King Rafklazan and the Rafkla Clan in 0.7, as the Rafkla Clan has finally returned home to Nisaynia after fulfilling their drinking-from-your-skull needs. I know that King Rafklazan still spawns with the Ukundu troops, but he will be replaced by King Ukundu in 0.8 as he should have been when the Ukundu were introduced.

I'm a bit confused, since I've been playing Phosphor and Perisno and apparently the two are splitting. What factions will be in Perisno that aren't in Phosphor, and what factions in Phosphor are you all not including?

squamouss said:
I'm a bit confused, since I've been playing Phosphor and Perisno and apparently the two are splitting. What factions will be in Perisno that aren't in Phosphor, and what factions in Phosphor are you all not including?
The Perisno Dev. Team has nothing to do with Phosphor at this time. It was simply a devs creation. Everything that is posted is for Perisno.

I've been working on some 'official' artwork, in the form of coats of arms, for each faction to add on to lore as well as replace the current native image/banner in the notes page in-game. I'll be uploading one every day or so with a short lore explanation of the design.

Let's start with the first one I did, the Kingdom of Tolrania

The large crown and gold secondary color of the coat of arms represents the strong monarchy under King Torlian as well as the prestige of being associated with the crown (hence Kingsman elite troops). The lions, in addition to being the royal animal of Tolrania, represent the values of courage and national pride exhibited by the knight on the bottom.

Thanks to: VectorLady, flaticon, icons8, Telecanter’s Receding Rules, PixaBay, and the Republic of Lithuania for the graphics used in these images.

Coat of arms of the Reich des Drachen:

The focus of the Reich's coat of arms, the dragon, is homage to the cultural and historical significance of the beast in the Reich's homeland, the Isle of the Dragon. The crossed swords represents the purpose of the Reich in Perisno after landing their large armada in 363: to fight and conquer in this new land, spreading their way of life and faith to all Perisnoans.

Coat of arms of Drahara:

The Draharan coat of arms is split into four quadrants: two displaying the elephant and the camel (animals sacred in Draharan culture for their importance in warfare), and the other two displaying the traditional symbol for the desert sun. The bows, arrows, and veiled helm on top of the crest represent the Draharan style of fighting and aggressive attitude as an eastern power in Perisno.

Back
Top Bottom