Perisno Development Thread | Version: 0.8 | Released >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonion said:
The customizable troop tree is finished.
Just the troop tree before you equip the soldiers. 3 branches: infantry, archers, cavalry.
3DKPZen.jpg

You will be able to use ~90% of items existing in Perisno to equip your soldiers. Only very few of them (like unique items or Third Legion items) are blocked.
3DKQpPS.jpg

3DKQGUS.jpg

Unlike in PoP, you will not be limited to 9 slots. Every item you will put in a soldier's inventory will be taken into account. So if some of you don't like clone-like troops, you will be able to give your soldiers plenty of different items.

The upkeep of custom troops is flexible. 469-line script calculates a special multiplier that will affect the upkeep (it can either decrease or increase it) depending on how stats of the equipment you will choose will compare with certain "recommended" values. If you try to give you recruit the best items he can possibly carry, you will not like the result. It won't be worth it.
3DKRH8U.jpg

Still, when it will come to the highest-tier troops, then dragon scale armor, heavy full plates, best weapons and heavy chargers - they will all be yours if you want to maximize.

Finally, you'll be able to tell some of your lords (i.e. this is not a kingdom's culture, but an individual setting) to use these troops.
3DKVbhK.jpg

Just like you will be able to order your lords to use Freelancers as troops if you like them:
3DKUq3i.jpg

I love it! ... As for the hired mercs, are we literally going to hire them like the freelancers? If so, I opt for hiring from somewhere other than the edge of the map.

Can't wait, this is gonna rock!

You will find Mercenary Guild castle in the middle of the map - near the lake between Drahara and Tolrania, Reich and Hakkon.
Apart from custom troops, it will have 1 (for now) or several (possibly) more features.

Leonion said:
except PoP no mod has it
Floris has it, and probably some other mods that are based on it.
Though as far as I remember (from the time years ago when I last played Floris), the available equipment was so bad and overall they were so weak that they weren't worth the efforts.

There is another mod that I can't recall the name of. Its in the gunpowder age, because I remember having my custom troops throw grenades, which obliderated any enemy groups in boat boarding battles in a very spectacular way. I only played that mod for the customizable troops, honestly.

Looks awesome. Do you mind giving an estimate on when the 0.8 is going to come out? No rush though, take your time, better to give out a good product than hurry and release a buggy mod just to meet the deadlines

No idea.
Michadr wanted to do something before the release when he gets his PC.
KS is not responding, only mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was busy at work. I'm quite surprised by his silence (he's usually in touch even when he's busy), but I guess I'll hear from him soon.

Speaking for myself, for my part - I'm 98% done and ready to release.
There are still some polishing touches that I'll make when I see that the others are also finishing their parts, but for now I'm just gonna go and play Fallout 4 - something that I wanted to do for like a year. :twisted:

As for testing - I tested different features I added, tested bug fixes I made, improved certain AI things that bothered me, tested the new balance (I'm moderately satisfied with it, but my opinion is definitely biased, so I asked other team members to take a look). Based on this, I'd say that the mod is ready.
I didn't test things that others coded though (at least, not intentionally and thoroughly, though I found several errors by chance), nor did I actually play the mod like a normal game, but now I really need to take a break from this.

Thanks for the updates. We'll wait on word from the others. In the meantime, go enjoy you some Fallout! :smile:

Sweet!
Those Warriors of Chaos look pretty damn impressive and hopefully we'll get the old Holy Champions back this time. Can't wait for the release. At the meantime I'm off to Saints Row and The Witcher  :wink:

You guys make me wanting to restart doing mods

...then I remember:
-WRECK is not compatible for 1.668 and the normal mod sys is just bad in comparison :sad:
-My laptop keeps crashing M&B :evil:
-And I am pretty much alone :dead:

Oh well, glad that someone can do that :smile:

Sorry if this has been asked before but... are you also fixing the Zann invasion? I mean the defecting zann lords thing and their poor troops' stats, and their liking for peaces?

We are sorry for the delay in the news and updates. Our team is planning on releasing 0.8 sometimes before Bannerlord is released. But remember, most of us are busy or otherwise occupied with Real Life things at the moment. We won't promise anything being released but we are working towards getting the next version out there! Thanks to everyone for your patience.

- Michadr & Perisno Dev. Team

Thank you Michadr. I know you all work out of passion for this great mod. And the result will be great. Take your time  :grin:

And about Bannerlord. Anyone know the release date? On diferent web pages it's mentioned just 2017, no specific date

cristi77 said:
Thank you Michadr. I know you all work out of passion for this great mod. And the result will be great. Take your time  :grin:

And about Bannerlord. Anyone know the release date? On diferent web pages it's mentioned just 2017, no specific date
Yeah 2017 seems to be the date. When in 2017 is up for debate haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom