Perisno 1.0 - Main Thread | V1.001: 4-8-2020

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd say all legendaries except for 2h swords and Kingslayer are niche items (but very strong in what they do). Skyfall has crazy range, which can be a real downside in close quarters or clutched fights; Duskfall is a sniper rifle of a bow, but there is a non-legendary bows with higher damage and very close accuracy, one of them can also be used on horse back (though they require more PD); Aurora is extremely good infantry weapon, but kinda short to use on horseback; Rapier is for player only, since no npc would be able to use it properly (stab only damage sword); Hamlets Hammer has good speed and damage for blunt 2h weapon, but range is low.

Also I have to praise the changes you've done to Tolrania, while in earlier version they were just body upon which the vultures feast, now, at least in my playthrough, they are really rolling. They are crushing Reich while simultaneously fighting Maccavia and Elintor. And, speaking of Tolrania, I would like to ask if weapons with AOE cause friendly fire? And if so, does that differ depending whether the thrower/shooter is a PC or a NPC? Like for example, your archers will never hit you, does that also mean that you are invulnerable to the friendly leaf bombs or THOSE arrows?

Also I have to praise the changes you've done to Tolrania, while in earlier version they were just body upon which the vultures feast, now, at least in my playthrough, they are really rolling. They are crushing Reich while simultaneously fighting Maccavia and Elintor. And, speaking of Tolrania, I would like to ask if weapons with AOE cause friendly fire? And if so, does that differ depending whether the thrower/shooter is a PC or a NPC? Like for example, your archers will never hit you, does that also mean that you are invulnerable to the friendly leaf bombs or THOSE arrows?
Their weapons do Not have friendly fire.

Last edited:
The Venetor is now somewhat bugged... I cant finish the quest, after I talk to the merchant in Krain, Venetor appears on the map but the questline doesnt disappear from my journal. It says something about error and that Amarna has more than 20 trade routes. Also Austad immediately fired his two lords. When I tried speaking with the merchant again, Trilond and Heruclo got realocated to the now exiled lords, thus switching them to the rebel faction (both fiefs were grey in color).

I actually found weapon balance in Persino to be quite good.

Legendaries are gimmicks. You can get regular weapons from shops, although the best have low abundance, that match the legendaries in power when they're masterwork. There are at least three one-handed swords that match the performance of Aurora when at least balanced, with different speed/length balance. One-handed maces, picks, hammers and axes are not bad either, though generally too short for horseback use, save one or two bastard ones. If you want to use two-handed swords, there legendaries are best, though some regular two-handers come close. In fact one, extremely rare one, has, when masterwork, one point higher damage than Skyfall and Dreaded Sword. But there are other weapons too. There's a couple of two-handed axes long enough to be comfortably used from horseback with a power to back it up and a hammer or two IIRC...
Or you can go full polearm. That's actually viable in Persino, in fact it might be the best way to optimize your character. Abendstern and Old Abenstern are ultimate powerhouse weapons. Massive piercing damage, crush through blocks, 130 reach for comfortable use, can be swung from horseback. Terribly slow though, so you need high skill...which isn't hard to get with polearms. After all, you got all those Divine Aethling and Nisaynian parties running around, grab Knight Lord's lance and go soloing. Some people also like the Elintor Guard Spear. It's powerful and long for stabbing from horseback or killing those poor suckers in melee at the top of ladders and siege tower, but it's not that good at close melee...you have to put shield down and swing it.

Ranged weapons are well balanced too. Crossbows are good if you don't want to use skill points on ranged skills, but in Persino they have a bit of a hidden buff, slightly increased damage for body shots against high armor. There are some very good ones around too...Master's crossbow is ultimate foot sniper crossbow, while Dwarven crossbow is best cavalry one...it also has three-bolt "magazine", so you have to reload it only after three shots...makes it quite quick able to fire almost as quick as bows.
If you spend enough points, bows are best long range DPS. But everything considered, even best bow doesn't match per-shot damage against average armored targets of Master's crossbow with dwarven bolts until PD 10...but PD can go up to 15 in Persino. So it's your choice if you want to spend skill points.
Throwing weapons got a few surprises. Cretasan Darts are well balanced in terms of ammo and damage, but have high PT requirement, making them more inaccurate than most other throwing weapons. But there are better things. Aroulo leaf bombs can damage lightly and medium armored troops around the impact point, and can cause troops directly hit by them to go into frenzy, attacking nearest friendly troops. And Tolranian alchemists cooked up something even better for taking out tight groups of enemies...but you have to take it from them by force.

The Venetor is now somewhat bugged... I cant finish the quest, after I talk to the merchant in Krain, Venetor appears on the map but the questline doesnt disappear from my journal. It says something about error and that Amarna has more than 20 trade routes. Also Austad immediately fired his two lords. When I tried speaking with the merchant again, Trilond and Heruclo got realocated to the now exiled lords, thus switching them to the rebel faction (both fiefs were grey in color).

That's happened to me, you can resolve the quest simply by speaking to Austad again even though the quest doesn't prompt it. I've also seen the strange firing of the lords thing, I just reloaded a save and it was fine after that.

Only speak to the merchant in Krain once. After speaking to him, report back to Austad and the quest should resolve.

@LaudatoSi thanks, haven't tried that, I just reloaded it so that the fiefs still belonged to the Venetor. I don't mind having an unfinished quest in journal that much. I just wanted to report that so it can be fixed. Anyway, I have another issue. I moved my court and my wife isnt there, I keep her as that person that grants fiefs etc, sorry I don't know how is it called. Is it a bug or do I have to wait or something? Never had a wife at this position though, always one of companions and he changed the place immediately.

Battle of Maccan:
Before:
mb44.jpg

Forces:
mb46.jpg

After:
mb49.jpg

Now tell me that combination of multiple bags of grenades and blacksmith in town is balanced. It was fun though...

@Sarin Where did you find the grenades? I'm 400 days in the game and haven't seen a single pack...

I think you have to fight Galwe Alchemists, and have decent looting. They can also be looted from fallen allies in bandit lairs, and Aroulo sells their own.

@Dantelh thanks, I was having the tolranian ones in mind, I know about Aroulo, but the tolranian seem much more deadly. Do you think they are obtainable via the MM? Because in my game, Tolrania was defeated after Zann invasion so it is now much harder to come across some alchemists. I will try the bandit lair way. But from role playing POV it is fine that this secret died with Tolrania...

@Dantelh thanks, I was having the tolranian ones in mind, I know about Aroulo, but the tolranian seem much more deadly. Do you think they are obtainable via the MM? Because in my game, Tolrania was defeated after Zann invasion so it is now much harder to come across some alchemists. I will try the bandit lair way. But from role playing POV it is fine that this secret died with Tolrania...
The only troops with bombs are the alchemists. The only troops with exploding arrows are the Tolranian Incendirim.

Bombs.

If some players think they are OP perhaps a toggle could be could be added in options: bombs replenish after battle or not. WFAS grenades are very expensive, not too easy to use and don`t replenish. Actually a good design.
In Perisno, if you choose no replenishment bombs could be sometimes, not too often, be found in stores.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Bombs.

If some players think they are OP perhaps a toggle could be could be added in options: bombs replenish after battle or not. WFAS grenades are very expensive, not too easy to use and don`t replenish. Actually a good design.
In Perisno, if you choose no replenishment bombs could be sometimes, not too often, be found in stores.

Rgds, Oldtimer
Balances are being worked on for v1.1.

I must say I am enjoying the mod a lot, great work! I do have a small question. I saw in the item list an insane two handed sword, named "Ventrilien Shard Blade" which had insane stats. Is there a possibility to obtain this weapon, or is that a secret (like a secret quest we will have to find ourselves), or is it just a gimmick from the item list?

I must say I am enjoying the mod a lot, great work! I do have a small question. I saw in the item list an insane two handed sword, named "Ventrilien Shard Blade" which had insane stats. Is there a possibility to obtain this weapon, or is that a secret (like a secret quest we will have to find ourselves), or is it just a gimmick from the item list?

I think it's gonna be for
the Klymorian questline Michadr said he's working on, since it mentions how the Arcanus Defenders fight the Klymorian beasts, and Arcanus himself is a mysterious fellow.
Just a guess at least.

Oh cool, what I really like about Perisno are the quests to get legendary items so the more quests the merrier!

Btw, how do you obtain bombs? From the royal engineer in Galwe university?

Oh cool, what I really like about Perisno are the quests to get legendary items so the more quests the merrier!

Btw, how do you obtain bombs? From the royal engineer in Galwe university?

I believe it's only obtainable from loot drops, such as defeating them in a battle, or one of them being defeated in a bandit hideout. The second option is much easier since you can personally end them for a higher drop chance. Aroulo also sell their own brand.

So, I tested leaf bombs... but even cheating later and giving myself 10 power throw and the 65p base damage bomb, they all do zero damage... if I am really, really lucky, they deal 1 or 2 of damage to very light armoured enemies.

I believe it's only obtainable from loot drops, such as defeating them in a battle, or one of them being defeated in a bandit hideout. The second option is much easier since you can personally end them for a higher drop chance. Aroulo also sell their own brand.

Thanks! I know about the aroulo bombs, but the Tolranian ones seem very hard to get. In my game Tolrania only has one castle left, and I haven't seen a lord having alchemists (although when I fought that demon lord Lolach I had Tolranian allies on my side who had alchemists). So apparently you can get it from a bandit hideout? If that works than that is preferable ofcourse over backstabbing the Tolranians. I guess it should be a bandit hideout in Tolranian area. Will try, thanks! \

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom