Perisno 0.99 - The Main Thread (HF18 - 27.Mar.2020)

Users who are viewing this thread

I am absolutely loving this update so far, the aesthetic improvements are great, and the changes to trading make playing as a merchant a little more enjoyable, and it is still very profitable. I like how the village and town production has been changed so that it makes sense- villages by lakes produce fish, while villages on the plains produce dairy.

I do have a few minor issues-
-The chance of bandit ambush used to be too low (almost never happened) but now it is too high and becomes an annoyance imo. The bounty hunters seem to be too high leveled for my character as well.

-I'm not sure about having some of the dwarf lords ride war horses rather than goats, they are too small for the horses and their little legs tend to clip inside the horse's body. :razz:

-I would increase the size of npc parties and garrisons, this would delay the end-game though, as the player would have to be higher level to take on these npcs. Personally I would prefer the realism and increased difficulty.
Try this hotfix. Should fix your bandit issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y16d5l6c5g9n1l/Perisno_0.99_HF6.zip?dl=0

I'll take a look at those dwarf lords. Not a major issue though.

Try increasing MAP AI Difficulty. If it's on harder difficulty you should see the npc parties and such increase in size substantially in later game.

-I'm not sure about having some of the dwarf lords ride war horses rather than goats, they are too small for the horses and their little legs tend to clip inside the horse's body. :razz:

-I would increase the size of npc parties and garrisons, this would delay the end-game though, as the player would have to be higher level to take on these npcs. Personally I would prefer the realism and increased difficulty.
There is tons of clipping in the mod, I don't even know how it's possible to play it while still noticing it.
Horses were added for diversity and because they match those dwarves' armor.
Unlike goats, who I would have deleted completely if I had anything good to replace them with.

Nooo, bigger parties is really not what this mod needs. I've got enough screenshots of 8k sieges and people talking about sieging/defending castles for an hour, or more like their troops defending while they themselves drank a cup of tea, read a book etc.
And the more I play&mod this game, the more I agree with an opinion that there should be no-end game challenges at all. It's supposed to be fast steamrolling just so players could actually finish it for once without stopping in the middle out of boredom.

Try this hotfix. Should fix your bandit issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y16d5l6c5g9n1l/Perisno_0.99_HF6.zip?dl=0

I'll take a look at those dwarf lords. Not a major issue though.

Try increasing MAP AI Difficulty. If it's on harder difficulty you should see the npc parties and such increase in size substantially in later game.

Thanks for the hotfix :smile:

There is tons of clipping in the mod, I don't even know how it's possible to play it while still noticing it.
Horses were added for diversity and because they match those dwarves' armor.
Unlike goats, who I would have deleted completely if I had anything good to replace them with.

While I really like the dwarfs riding goats from a lore perspective (also that the model has a narrow girth that avoids too much clipping even with female dwarfs) they really don't match the armours. I usually just use small horses (like the steppe horse) and smaller barded chargers when making my custom dwarf troops.

0.99 Keeps crashing on me! The last time it crashed during a save. Both the save file and the backup are corrupt. 30 hours of gameplay down the toilet. I save constantly. Get floating heads or wrong file type ****. ****!!! I'm taking a break from Perisno until you guys can sort this out. I never had this problem with previous Perisnos. Thanks alot everyone!

Oh, for the love of...

First, we have an anti-ctd thread,
Second, I said it many times and I'll say it again: never play with automatic saves. And there are rules of saving which I and other people mentioned several times here and there but now I added them to the anti-ctd thread too.
Perisno is a biiiiiiiiig mod. It needs time to save (Perisno saves - 15k+ Kbs, PoP saves - 5k+ Kbs, Native saves - 3k+ Kbs). When you're saving hastily, without pausing (and that's how autosaves are made), the risk of corruption is high, even in smaller mods like PoP, let alone in Perisno.
Whatever we do with the mod we can't possibly change the Warband saving/loading algorithm.
Avoiding ctds on saving and corrupted save files is only up to players. Whether by saving properly or by playing Native and equally small modules.

Oh, for the love of...

First, we have an anti-ctd thread,
Second, I said it many times and I'll say it again: never play with automatic saves. And there are rules of saving which I and other people mentioned several times here and there but now I added them to the anti-ctd thread too.
Perisno is a biiiiiiiiig mod. It needs time to save (Perisno saves - 15k+ Kbs, PoP saves - 5k+ Kbs, Native saves - 3k+ Kbs). When you're saving hastily, without pausing (and that's how autosaves are made), the risk of corruption is high, even in smaller mods like PoP, let alone in Perisno.
Whatever we do with the mod we can't possibly change the Warband saving/loading algorithm.
Avoiding ctds on saving and corrupted save files is only up to players. Whether by saving properly or by playing Native and equally small modules.
Thanks I've certainly learnt my lesson the hard way. Only unique slot saves from now on.

Among other changes in the last 2 HFs:
- the cost of upgrading Tolranian troops was reduced by 30% in general and by 100% (=free upgrades) as long as the player serves Tolrania
- an option was added to enable damage notifications for leaf bombs (by default they're disabled so that they don't kill the log every time you hit a crowd)

How do you access the mod settings to turn on Freelancer? Alot of my fun is being in a lords army, I am willing to take the risks! I have tried to look for settings somewhere and can't!

How do you access the mod settings to turn on Freelancer? Alot of my fun is being in a lords army, I am willing to take the risks! I have tried to look for settings somewhere and can't!

PUSvVUA.jpg
ACVqGvj.jpg
8kGGArT.jpg

Guys how to farm gold in this game except fighting?
There are a bunch of ways of making money. The most profitable early on and throughout the game is selling slaves. Save up some money to buy enterprises. You can also gamble with the tavern keeper, but it can be tricky. I usually win 70-80% of the time. Buying land is also a option but that is more for the long run.

PUSvVUA.jpg
ACVqGvj.jpg
8kGGArT.jpg

There are a bunch of ways of making money. The most profitable early on and throughout the game is selling slaves. Save up some money to buy enterprises. You can also gamble with the tavern keeper, but it can be tricky. I'm win usually 70-80% of the time. Buying land is also a option but that is more for the long run.

Thank you so much friend!! You are a life saver!!!

I love this mod!! Has anyone figured out the shader issue for Mac??? I had no problems with shaders in previous version but suddenly I'm getting a lot of issues with elven armors just being pure white/textureless. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom