Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why do all village elders look like this? Is there a fix?

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    927.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 02.png
    02.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • 03.png
    03.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
ahmetmaza12 said:
Why did you remove them?
Because their quality was low and Perisno isn't a LOTR mod.
Yes, we still use a lot of OSP assets from other fantasy worlds or very specific historical factions but I do my best to get rid of them whenever possible or at least edit their appearance.
Or, well, did when I was more active...

I have noticed few location of castles that are very easy to overtake with archers and few melee.
The place is around Maelond Castle, near Vinica.
Several castles that can be used in rotation are Westry, Lyndel, Waal and Riar.
and also you can use castles nearby Desert Outpost.
They are very useful if you happened to being in war with one of nation that owns the Castles.
Also very useful obtaining free troops after taking over the castles.
Transfer troops out empty and let them take over again.meanwhile you are taking over rest of their kingdom.  Soon they will be trapped spawning in those castles.  Easy picking for capture and release.
When pease time comes I will keep few castles empty of troops as to attract their initial attack.
It gets to be boring after awhile though.

Hello everyone, i have a problem with perisno 0.9 mode. When i start it it crashes on loading screen with following message: get_object failed for texture: planks

Does anyone know what to do with this?

IDK if this is intentional as some sort of commentary or merely a quirk of Warband engine but i have been doing a lot of quests for Field Marshal Gunnmar in the effort to get rep to switch to Falcon culture, and the quests were all collect taxes(if anyone does not know in this quest you have to go above and beyond and extract exorbitant taxes from the settlement if you want the lord to not get angry at you), hunt down and kill a fugitive(that's ok i guess but should he not get a fair trial) and return escaped serfs(and yes, he did call them serfs), he also go angry that i protected his village from marauding bandits, saying it was not my place to do so. This is all par for course in Warband but feels really out of place in a supposedly semi democratic Falcon realm, which leads me to believe rulers of Falcon don't exactly practice what they preach(or more likely the devs just haven't gotten around to modifying this part of the engine, still it's a fun bit of probably unintentional irony). I used to feel bad about having to eventually come to blows with the Falcon but now i see it more as liberating them from under the iron boot of their "glorious democratic leader".

samoja said:
IDK if this is intentional as some sort of commentary or merely a quirk of Warband engine but i have been doing a lot of quests for Field Marshal Gunnmar in the effort to get rep to switch to Falcon culture, and the quests were all collect taxes(if anyone does not know in this quest you have to go above and beyond and extract exorbitant taxes from the settlement if you want the lord to not get angry at you), hunt down and kill a fugitive(that's ok i guess but should he not get a fair trial) and return escaped serfs(and yes, he did call them serfs), he also go angry that i protected his village from marauding bandits, saying it was not my place to do so. This is all par for course in Warband but feels really out of place in a supposedly semi democratic Falcon realm, which leads me to believe rulers of Falcon don't exactly practice what they preach(or more likely the devs just haven't gotten around to modifying this part of the engine, still it's a fun bit of probably unintentional irony). I used to feel bad about having to eventually come to blows with the Falcon but now i see it more as liberating them from under the iron boot of their "glorious democratic leader".

Their whole democracy is based on selecting a great warrior to repel their enemies in times of war. It's a little more complicated than that, but the idea generally works that way. There's a good parallel between them and the "Underdeveloped" and "Uncivilized" factions, like the Valahir.

IDK if this is a bug or intentional but both giant factions were defeated long ago in my game(not by me, with only one town and IIRC one castle for Sut they were easy pickings for the AI) yet all their nobles remain attached to their faction instead of switching sides, is this normal?

samoja said:
IDK if this is a bug or intentional but both giant factions were defeated long ago in my game(not by me, with only one town and IIRC one castle for Sut they were easy pickings for the AI) yet all their nobles remain attached to their faction instead of switching sides, is this normal?
This really doesn't warrant its own thread.
You could post it in Q&A thread, in bugs thread or in general discussion thread.

And yes, it is intentional. Giants won't serve puny humans/elves/dwarves.

Just started to play this mod and love it. I hope there is more to come since it might be a while before Banner lord gets full mod support.  I have run into an issue, when I get a lord to join me they change their name to NO. Now this is very possibly my fault (most likely is) as I did use TweakMB and changed some of the reputation you get for quests. I also added a few of my own troops with Morghs editor. I cannot see why adding troops would do this so I believe it goes back to Tweak.  Restoring it though does not seem to help. Any ideas? Would hate to start all the way over after so many hours but if I must I must.

P.S. If no one else has this issue then I can move on, I am curious if there is a debug or cheatmenu refresh I can use to track down the issue. I keep adding stuff to clarify my post cause I am sleepy from playing this mod for like 24hrs straight.

Lisha said:
adding troops
Adding troops or items or factions or parties is in general a bad idea which is highly likely to result in bugs.
Especially in a complex mod such as Perisno.

And Morgh's Editor is a crude and rather obsolete tool. It's useful for viewing some data but don't use it to edit files.

TweakMB is also quite unreliable when it comes to mods like Perisno. We altered a lot - globals, slot numbers, scripts and triggers. TweakMB is trying to find patterns in the code to change but it finds wrong ones.

Lisha said:
I am curious if there is a debug or cheatmenu refresh I can use to track down the issue.
There is an option somewhere in the mod to assign custom titles to lords and ladies converted to your kingdom. Try using it, maybe it will solve your issue.

Back
Top Bottom