Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

In my current game, Tolrania held onto Galwe and only Galwe for a while before the Zann decided they had enough of that nonsense.
I started pretty slow so I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to try to save them

ketansat said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
Personal experience with 0.9: Tolrania is a survival kind of faction at the beginning and if things go really bad its future can be quite short. Its best option is white peacing with Elintor as soon as possible and then attack Maccavia while it is fighting Valahir or Drachen. For now you should focus on rescuing your captured lords and attacking their caravan or minor parties. By the way, you know that there is the troop trees' function in the game? Check the Report section.

Thanks, my army is strong enough now and i've just taken back all castles and 1 town Vinica from Elintor for Tolrania. Luckily, Zann came just in time and because almost all Tolranian's original lands captured by Elintor, i can use their help to kick those elf's ass :smile:)

I don't know if it is intended or just my playthrough, but this Elintor is so so so hostile, their wars against Tolrania seem to last forever, even though i captures half of their lords, they still do not want peace. This current war had begun before 2 other wars against Zann and Maccavia, and last until now when the truce with those 2 factions have expired already. Since i joined Tolranian wars, I've really had no peaceful time to do quests, only the Dueler one finished.

You are welcome.

Yeah, some wars can be quite long, as far as I have seen it doesn't apply just to Elintor. I think that it mostly depends on many factors: how the wars are going, the strength of the factions involved,... Yet for more detailed info you need Leonion.

I think there is a problem with looting items after large scale battle. If battles are devided into 2 or more phase, the loot will always be of the last phase, which mean almost junkle because the last phase combatants usually be the lowest tier troops. Is there a way to fix it around?

I thought i have found a nice way to make money, enlisted 200 elite bounty hunter patrol around my town, but then seeing them desperately fighting 1000 escaped prisioner. If that's not the case, i can automatically earn around 50-60k aurums per week selling prisoner, damn it  :cry:

ketansat said:
I think there is a problem with looting items after large scale battle. If battles are devided into 2 or more phase, the loot will always be of the last phase, which mean almost junkle because the last phase combatants usually be the lowest tier troops. Is there a way to fix it around?

I thought i have found a nice way to make money, enlisted 200 elite bounty hunter patrol around my town, but then seeing them desperately fighting 1000 escaped prisioner. If that's not the case, i can automatically earn around 50-60k aurums per week selling prisoner, damn it  :cry:

1. Nope. You either have a low looting skill or you have units with high looting and you stated that you have a lot of men, which means much less loot for you.

2. Can't see where is the problem. Looks more like an unlucky possible event.

ketansat said:

You can press V to summon a reinforcement wave.

Dago Wolfrider said:
ketansat said:

1. Nope. You either have a low looting skill or you have units with high looting and you stated that you have a lot of men, which means much less loot for you.

2. Can't see where is the problem. Looks more like an unlucky possible event.

1. I don't know for sure but, i fight with that many soldiers of mine many battle, but only in those battle with 2 or more phases, loot always be trash of lowest tier enemy that we massacre in last phase, i do not mention about the amount or quality, but i think at least i should have something from many high tier enemies i killed from phase 1.

2. ah yes this is not a problem, i just countered the above problem in this battle, so i just mentioned it.  :grin:

Crimsonmist said:
ketansat said:

reinforcement wave from my army or the enemy army?

ketansat said:
Crimsonmist said:
ketansat said:

reinforcement wave from my army or the enemy army?

Both. It can even cause the presence of more troops than allowed. Therefore it can cause some lags,... My tactical advice: use it once the enemy is going to receive its reinforcement wave, only if your PC can handle it though. You can use it multiple times even when you are dead, but there is a cool down time. It doesn't work in sieges.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Both. It can even cause the presence of more troops than allowed. Therefore it can cause some lags,... My tactical advice: use it once the enemy is going to receive its reinforcement wave, only if your PC can handle it though. You can use it multiple times even when you are dead, but there is a cool down time. It doesn't work in sieges.

ok thanks, i will try it sometime.

I haven't played Mount & Blade (M&B) for years, and I know the current "install" of the Perisno mod on my computer is bugged.  I have M&B through Steam.

If I uninstall M&B completely from my computer, then re-install it from Steam, then re-install the Perisno mod... should that do everything to get me the most current version?
Do I need to do anything else like apply patches or hot-fixes?  If yes, could one of you point me to a good thread showing rules for how to do that?

Quick question, I notice that Nibor hood still spawn long after Tolrania is history, if you support his sister the claimant and win , does he stop spawning? Just curious.

Crimsonmist said:
You can subscribe perisno through the steam workshop to keep the mod always be the up to date.

I think I'd rather keep it static once I get it running.  I'd dislike for a patch to break my game.  For example, I think my old game glitched due to M&B (or Perisno itself) updating, making my old save incompatible.

Should it work to do a clean install and run off that?

Found this on the Steam boards

Moving Steam Workshop Mods to the Manual Mod Install Folder For Windows Users

This procedure should prevent a couple of non-ideal behaviors.

The dreaded "Downloading" problem as seen with the Workshop mods currently.
    Mod updates mid-game that could possibly prevent you from finishing your current game.
    Mod updates when new alphas/betas come out. (some mods launch new mods for new alphas/betas, some mods update in place for new alphas/betas)
    Mods being removed from the workshop, which will wreck your game.

Folder locations:

Please note, these folder are dependent on where you have Steam installed on your computer, so the location may be slightly different prior to the "\Steam\Steamapps..." portion of the location.

Steam Workshop mods:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100

Manual mods folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

Procedure:

1. Subscribe to all the mods you want to use.

2. After Steam downloads the mods, go into the Steam Workshop mods folder and then copy all of the folders present. (Drag a selection box around all the folders and then right click on one of them and select "copy")

3. Go to the Manual mods folder and then paste those folders to that location. (Right click empty file area and select "paste")

4. (optional) You can rename the folders from the steam id number to something more meaningful if you'd like. This has no bearing on how they will look in game, just makes it easier to manage within Windows. To figure out what mod is located within that folder you can go into that folder, then into the "About" folder. From there you will need to open the "About.xml" file, within the first couple of lines of that file you will see the name of the mod. This name is also what you will see when selecting the mod in-game.

5. (optional) At this point go back to Steam and un-subscribe from the mods. You don't want to leave them subscribed as having two versions of the mod has the possibility for messing things up. I would suggest making the mods a "Favorite" to make it easy to find them again.

6. (optional) If you followed step #5, Steam at this point will delete all the mod workshop content. It seems to leave the folders behind in the Steam Workshop mods folder, but the folders are empty at this point. I usually clean up by deleting those empty folders, but that also is completely optional.

7. Launch game and select mods as per usual.

8. Play!

If mods have already updated to a new version in Steam it is to late to use preventative measures. You will have to find and download the previous of the mod. A good place to start looking is either in link in next paragraph or check out the mods Workshop page and see if there is a link to an archive of previous versions.

Another option is to download and use all manual mods. Most mods have threads at the ludeon forums, you can usually find links to download current and previous versions of many mods there. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Did anyone try the Dreaded one shrine without shield? I did not put any point in shield, and my Poleaems proficience now is 485. I've tried around 50 times but the best i can do has been killing only 2 first minions and then got myself 1 hit killed buy the otherworlder ghoul. Can some one give me a tip.

Edit: eh, i just find a way around with bow and arrows, how can i delete this topic.

ketansat said:
Did anyone try the Dreaded one shrine without shield? I did not put any point in shield, and my Poleaems proficience now is 485. I've tried around 50 times but the best i can do has been killing only 2 first minions and then got myself 1 hit killed buy the otherworlder ghoul. Can some one give me a tip.

Edit: eh, i just find a way around with bow and arrows, how can i delete this topic.

Just lock it. It will either go to the bottom of the page or Leonion will probably move it to the Q&A thread and he will probably tell you off a little: "The next time use the Q&A thread for this sort of questions/topics/doubts/...."

Yesterday, i've just used the spy fief function (which one that cost 300 aurums), the spy dispatched from Galwe, targeted Riar castle, a very very close castle. But till today i've just got his report. In the mean time,i had taken 3 nearby castles already, been to Maccan do 1 quest and rescue prisoner at Kaikoth, finish the quest stop war for Galwe's Guild Master already. Anyone find this function useful?

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to these forums, and Perisno in general. I just had a few questions about features in Perisno that I can't get to work properly. First off, does Perisno come equipped with advanced formations (e.g., shieldwall, ranks, etc). It says so in the options menu, but I can't figure out how to use them. Also, is there any way to shield bash? Finally, there's an option to recruit household guard of different races (elves, dwarves, etc). I really want to make mine all dwarves, but the buttons don't seem to do anything?

Any tips?

And thanks as always : )

ST01 said:
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to these forums, and Perisno in general. I just had a few questions about features in Perisno that I can't get to work properly. First off, does Perisno come equipped with advanced formations (e.g., shieldwall, ranks, etc). It says so in the options menu, but I can't figure out how to use them. Also, is there any way to shield bash? Finally, there's an option to recruit household guard of different races (elves, dwarves, etc). I really want to make mine all dwarves, but the buttons don't seem to do anything?

Any tips?

Welcome to the Perisno community!

No, Perisno 0.9 hasn't PBOD. Check this link for more info:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380095.0.html

No, you can't shield bash during battles, but you can in tournaments.

Can't remember right now. You probably need a city for that.

If you need tips, check this:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380106.0.html

Next time, if you have general questions, create a post in the Q&A thread. Here:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284947.0.html

Dago Wolfrider said:
ST01 said:
Hey Everyone!

Any tips?

Welcome to the Perisno community!

No, Perisno 0.9 hasn't PBOD. Check this link for more info:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380095.0.html

No, you can't shield bash during battles, but you can in tournaments.

Can't remember right now. You probably need a city for that.

If you need tips, check this:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380106.0.html

Next time, if you have general questions, create a post in the Q&A thread. Here:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284947.0.html

Thanks so much! Apologies, I was not aware of that thread, I'll definitely post there with any further questions. I was just wondering about shield bash and complex formations because both are mentioned in the "Game Options" menu; it's odd that you can only shield bash during tournaments. Next time you play and have your own walled fief, let me know if you can recruit household guard of different races; it could be a bug or maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but maybe it'll work for you.

Edit: Also, just to quickly ask, is PBOD the same mod that adds complex formations while in battle (with the function keys)? Or does it only include pre-battle planning and stuff like that?

Back
Top Bottom