Resolved PERFORMING FIRST TIME SET UP BUG- CAN'T LAUNCH GAME

Users who are viewing this thread

I am going to repost this frequently so myself and others can get some recognition here.

Everytime we launch our game, we get an admin prompt from steam and after we click Okay, it'll say "performing first time set up step 1 of 1". It'll do this for maybe a minute, then it'll go away and then the play button on steam will go green again.

From what I've read, this is a problem with some games and redist files, however those common fixes for other games do not work because the redist files aren't even in the Bannerlord folder to my knowledge.

This maybe is just a steam problem, but they have not been helpful either- but yet, this only comes up when launching Bannerlord so perhaps it is both. Either way, this is preventing myself and others from actually playing the game/

My Windows 10- up to date

Redist files- up to date

Reinstalled, verified, cleared cache. Everything the community can think of has been done! None of it works

This needs to be acknowledged and to at least have a work around. It's getting really tedious and i've done just about as much as a casual PC user can do without getting head wrapped around stuff that could be potentially irreversible.

Hi, please try the recommended steps on the threads below and update me if you're still having the same problem.

Hi, please try the recommended steps on the threads below and update me if you're still having the same problem.

I've posted a fix for this issue here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...f-1-crash-guide-to-a-fix.404807/#post-9301814

Review it if you wish

Back
Top Bottom