Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen a lot of threads about crashes and bugs, but very little regarding the performance itself.

I have a problem with loading times and fps drops. And as far as i googled i am not the only one. Loading from campaing map into city takes 15-20 seconds, loading back to campaign map about 15 seconds, loading conversation with npc takes about 15 seconds and opening inventory or party menus seems bit laggy, maybe 2 seconds.

From what i googled, main suspect is memory leak, and that seems to make sense since changeing graphic options doesn't seem to affect things much.
As far as battles go, i use 200 men limit, and tested it on custom battles. I used 100 infantry vs 100 infantry. Fps drops when armies clash, but on low settings it seems playable. I'm not hc pc rig elitist, i have 60 hz monitor, i'm perfecty happy when fps is 60 and content down to 40 fps.
Would be nice if i could play on low settings smoothly. Lowering resolution is not really satisfieing option, and i don't know if anyone actually ever does that and plays like that cos todays games look like **** when you turn down res.

My specs are
windows 10
amd ryzen3 2200 g
nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb
ram 8gb
ssd

Although procesor is the weakest link, i suspect memory is the main culprit, cos i think there would be some noticeable difference when tinkering with graphic options, especially the shadows. And it served me just fine so far, but that might not be the best argument.

So for anyone else having subfar performance, what is your opinion, what are your experiences?
To more tech knowledgable ones, what is your main suspect, memory, or smth else?

And as far as fixes go, im gonna share something that improved performance for me, although i have no idea why.
It's not great fix, but quite noticeable, i would say.

- you go to your bannerlord.exe, right click, properties
- run on windows7 compatibility mode
- disable fullscreen optimization
- execute as admin
- on same tab go to high dpi settings
- unmark program dpi
- turn on override dpi settings and select application

What this settings did for me is i.e. cut down exiting from town from aprox 15 seconds to aprox 5 seconds

That's it, tell me what you think, or share advice

Cheers!

P.S.
Love the game for the content i saw so far, just unpleased with performance.

Had similar problems, tried everything because sttutering made my game unplayable, then moved my game to ssd and it solved almost all my problems, my specs aren't that good so I don't expect 60 fps on 250 vs 250 battles but now it's at least stable on high settings.

Sieges are the only time the stutter was crazy... only 50%of my gpu was being utilized but getting 5fps for a solid 4 minutes after that something clicked and was fine. I think the battering ram busted through the door and once it was down it was fine.

Beyond that some extended load times

I get 90-100 FPS in battles with the very high graphics preset. My specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • GTX 1660 Super
  • RAM 16 GB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz
  • M.2 SSD with NVMe
Loading times are quick, there is no stuttering and the game looks great.
I believe the problem in your case is the lack of RAM. With only bannerlord running, my PC uses about 10-11 GB of RAM.

Had similar problems, tried everything because sttutering made my game unplayable, then moved my game to ssd and it solved almost all my problems, my specs aren't that good so I don't expect 60 fps on 250 vs 250 battles but now it's at least stable on high settings.

Can you tell us how much RAM do you have?

Thx for that input.
That's what i suspect, but would like it to be definitively confirmed, that way i would know what can be done.
Don't wonna buy 8 gb more RAM to find out it's sitting there just to be pretty :grin:

You can't really compare to other games. Since the games might have different engines and optimization. Also a recommended stat is more or less minimum now a days. Anyway, if you want to game, increase your page file, google if you don't know how. It might ruin some performance but atleast it helps a little. Then when you have the funds buy another 8gb of ram.

I would be mad if i had 8gb of ram, pc would be too slow.

No other game that I've played required from me more than that, games like RDR2, Witcher 3 work fine. 8GB is what they recommend on steam store page and this is what I have. I would buy more RAM but unfortunately I don't have spare funds for that :sad:
This.
Virtually no game requires 8GM RAM nowadays, most AAA games work perfectly fine with 8GB RAM, and honestly; Bannerlord should too.

Back
Top Bottom