Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Main
Dump identifier (optional)
no crash

Itto

Recruit
Hi, I'm having full performance tank when i select Multiplayer option, right up until I shut down or restart the PC. Single player operates fine, but the program seems to affect the workings of the CPU.

I've tried only running the program shutting off all other background programs, and upping the priority, shutting off VPN, virus protections and firewalls systematically to no avail. Even after exiting the game, the PC required a full restart to reset whatever bugged setting is going on.

Game start up from Multiplayer selection takes 5-10 minutes of laggy reaction to load the game, and the menu requires a minute between selections to load the data, 30 minutes to load servers(if they load at all). I doubted that there was any local servers for Australia and am open-minded to lag but it is unplayable with at best 10 FPS and as low as 3 FPS and carry on affect onto the out of game PC performance.

OS is Win 7, 64bit
Intel Core i7-6700k,
G-force 1080 gtx
16.0 Gb Ram
SSD

not top-teir but functional for all games but Bannerlord MP.

Thank you for listening,

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch for terrible performance on 'high/medium' tier hardware. My similar specs being:
i7 7700
GTX 1080 8gb
32gb DDR4 3133MHz
HDD + SSD (used both, no performance difference)

Booting up Single-player is a little grainy with performance, a few lag spikes here and there as things render however this is normal and after I'd say 5-10 minutes of an instanced battle/roaming the map I reach 120-144 frames per second consistent at max settings.

Moving over to multiplayer, the performance is horrifying; consistent and frequent frame drops, lag frames, unsmooth animations and high GPU/CPU usage (typically at the 100% mark) ravages both my PC and my experience, absolutely terrible and as quite an enthusiastic Warband player with over 4,500 hours I'm left quite disappointed in the fact I can't have a genuine experience. All drivers are updated, decreasing graphical options actually WORSENS performance, all applications being closed, priority adjustment within both Task Manager, Process Lasso and Process Hacker have absolutely no changes.

This is 100% down to the poor resource management issued by the games code, no modern game (i.e Red Dead Redemption 2, Witcher 3, Escape From Tarkov) runs as bad as this on Multiplayer. Based off of the people I have asked, people with lower-end specifications actually run the game substantially better such as i5 6500 + GTX 1060 Supers.

Please focus efforts on the optimisation on the game because quite frankly it shouldn't have half the performance issues it is currently having.

- Just to confirm, multiplayer lobby size/player count/map/game mode does NOT influence the frame rate on Multiplayer, it is just iffy across the board.

Did some more looking into it, 100% CPU & GPU usage at all times whilst on Multiplayer; I can safely say this is down to the game itself and not firmware or hardware issues from my end as I do not encounter this performance elsewhere. On Single Player in a Custom Battle with 600 AI the CPU peaks at 85% and GPU at 75% so why it does this on both Multiplayer lobbies with and without people I have no clue but I genuinely cannot play the game as it currently runs.

Hi, I'm having full performance tank when i select Multiplayer option, right up until I shut down or restart the PC. Single player operates fine, but the program seems to affect the workings of the CPU.

I've tried only running the program shutting off all other background programs, and upping the priority, shutting off VPN, virus protections and firewalls systematically to no avail. Even after exiting the game, the PC required a full restart to reset whatever bugged setting is going on.

Game start up from Multiplayer selection takes 5-10 minutes of laggy reaction to load the game, and the menu requires a minute between selections to load the data, 30 minutes to load servers(if they load at all). I doubted that there was any local servers for Australia and am open-minded to lag but it is unplayable with at best 10 FPS and as low as 3 FPS and carry on affect onto the out of game PC performance.

OS is Win 7, 64bit
Intel Core i7-6700k,
G-force 1080 gtx
16.0 Gb Ram
SSD

not top-teir but functional for all games but Bannerlord MP.

Thank you for listening,
Did some more looking into it, 100% CPU & GPU usage at all times whilst on Multiplayer; I can safely say this is down to the game itself and not firmware or hardware issues from my end as I do not encounter this performance elsewhere. On Single Player in a Custom Battle with 600 AI the CPU peaks at 85% and GPU at 75% so why it does this on both Multiplayer lobbies with and without people I have no clue but I genuinely cannot play the game as it currently runs.
Good afternoon! I can recommend that you set the fps restriction in the nvidia control panel according to the frequency of your monitor, taking away "2" from it.

For example, if your screen is 144 Hz, you should set the limit to 142 fps.

If you can't find this setting in the nvidia control panel, you can do the same in the game "Frame Limiter".

We have just updated our telemetry build. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

Last edited:
Good afternoon! I can recommend that you set the fps restriction in the nvidia control panel according to the frequency of your monitor, taking away "2" from it.

For example, if your screen is 144 Hz, you should set the limit to 142 fps.

If you can't find this setting in the nvidia control panel, you can do the same in the game "Frame Limiter".
Hi thank you for responding, I have tried your suggestion unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue.

We have just updated our telemetry build to live 1.5.4 version. Can you switch to that build and test your performance?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
Currently in the process of uploading the file now, tried the new version as well as the performance test and no difference in performance hits; I have taken a Gyazo to showcase what the performance looks like whilst playing:
https://gyazo.com/975d791c762ea45f2650a1d9a38c038a

My specifications:
Operating System: Windows 64-bit
CPU: i7 7700
GPU: GTX 1080 8GB
RAM: 24gb DDR4 2133mhz

No background processes are running when testing/playing the game and no other modern game runs with such performance which is why I know this isn't a performance error on my end; Cyberpunk 2077 runs medium at 60-75fps, Red Dead Redemption 2 full ultra 60fps and none of these games use 100% CPU and GPU and have such performance hits, I have tried all options through nvidea such as trying low latency mode, capping frames from 144 to 142, high priority on task manager, process lasso and process hacker. I have tried configuring all graphical options and nothing fixes the issue.

Singleplayer runs completely fine, having 500 AI fighting I keep a consistent 144 fps, 500 during siege it drops to about 120 however Multiplayer just doesn't run whatsoever, it has constant lag spikes (due to my CPU/GPU being maxed 100%) and renders the game unplayable.

Thanks for the upload, I have received your telemetry data. You are mainly playing at 100 - 120 FPS, so reducing the max framerate or enabling vsync with a lower FPS would help with the %100 CPU and GPU usage issue. The main issue on our side is the spikes because of some blocking file read operations, we will be checking those and fixing those asap. Thanks for your feedback, sorry for your convenience and hopefully you will start experiencing a better gameplay experience in the near future.

No problem, thank you for addressing the issue; I'll try use an application like Rivatuner to cap the framerate at 60 and see if that works. This isn't my thread so I can't mark as resolved but would it okay to linger around the thread to receive news on the fix when it happens? Thanks for the quick response.

As an update, capping the framerate via Rivatuner to 80 fps and lower does fix the stuttering and maximum CPU/GPU usage like you said so thank you for the temporary fix definitely makes the game 100% playable now. :smile:

As an update, capping the framerate via Rivatuner to 80 fps and lower does fix the stuttering and maximum CPU/GPU usage like you said so thank you for the temporary fix definitely makes the game 100% playable now. :smile:
I am happy that it is fixed. By the way, you can also the use the set the Vsync options in Video menu to Full and select a framerate in that same menu. Happy gaming :smile:

Back
Top Bottom