Version number
e1.6.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

JokingBluie

Recruit
I have been having severe stuttering issues with my Bannerlord ever since switching to a dual monitor setup.

I was running the game perfectly at everything high before switching. I had no stutters or lag, the animations were smooth, and the loading screens were fast (less than 5 seconds).

Now, even just running from Ortysia to Lageta I suffer at least 3-4 stutters where my character just freezes on the map for a couple seconds. I can't open any menus because the game will freeze for 20+ seconds and sometimes just crashes outright. I can't interact with any NPC's without stuttering. I can't fight anything without stuttering like crazy during the fight. I can't do ANYTHING in the game without lagging.

I have not changed my game settings. I have tried lowering it to fix the issue, did not work. I switched from borderless to windowed and full screen, neither worked.

I have up to date drivers. Both my monitors are 27", 1080P, 144hz @ 1ms. They both run Freesync.

I have had no issues with the PC since I made it last year.

My game is currently running at low everything and nothing I do is working. Would love to play this game, but I just can't.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 471.96
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16gb @ 3200
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk Max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): WDS500G3X0C-00SJG0, two CT480BX500SSDX1

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Back
Top Bottom