Performance issues and how to handle them

Users who are viewing this thread

Since I've started playing this mod, I've noticed some serious frame rate drops even in smaller scale battles (100 troops or less). I find this odd since my computer should be good enough to run this mod even at high settings up to a battlefield size of around 250-300 (which is what I usually like playing anyway). I didn't run into these kinds of performance issues when I played PoP or Warsword Conquest, so I think hardware might not be the only issue. Is there any way to improve performance of this mod without necessarily having to reduce the quality of the visuals? I would also like to know which video options affect frame rate the most so that I can adjust them.

Here are my system specs

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I also enabled forced single threading in the options.

Atmospheric affects usually drag the FPS down, along with shadows and body/ragdolls. There could also be lag issues when using too many troop types due to all of the assets being used, I've noticed that myself.

The frame rate drop only starts during melee combat. It even happens during small size battles, which shouldn't be expected. I mean my computer isn't brand new or hardly top of the line, but I somehow doubt it's a hardware issue. I don't think ragdolls are causing it either.

Would enabling single threading have an impact on performance?

^Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try. For now though I've managed to solve most performance issues by forcing single threading and disabling some particle effects. I'm not exactly sure what it was that solved it though.

I'm not sure but I think the new graphics and new filters in .9 are a little bit more demanding on the computer. I turned down quite a bit of the graphics to make it run decently, honestly turning off shadows and grass didn't change my game at all plus how many dead bodies do you need on the field.

Back
Top Bottom