Resolved Performance/GPU limit error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I finished installing Bannerlord around midnight yesterday and found it unplayably slow/laggy. After tinkering with the performance options (overall set to very low & battle size 200) and lowering the frame limiter setting to 40 I managed to play through the tutorial but then the game crashed loading the first battle of the campaign.
As far as I can tell my pc, though ageing, should be capable of handling the game:

Windows 7
3.9 GHz AMD processor
16 GB RAM
1 TB hard drive with 50% free space
AMD Radeon HD 8570D Graphics card with 4608 MB total available graphics memory

One thing I do notice is that in the Bannerlord options at the top of the performance tab it says the estimated GPU memory usage is 1397 MB / 754 MB, which seems like a problem except I'm not sure where the 754 MB is coming from.
While I don't have many recent games I don't have any problems running
the newest ones I have (dawn of man, NTW, AttilaTW) on high performance settings so it seems to be specific to Bannerlord. Any help would be appreciated, only getting as far as character creation and the campaign map is basically being taunted by a game.

Cheers,
Thorgils

Edit:
After further scrolling through the forum I noticed 2 other people who noticed that the GPU limit in the game was significantly different to what their system showed but neither of them had the same graphics card or manufacturer as me, so it seems unlikely to be specific to my pc.

Last edited:
The game isnt running through your Radeon Card. Depending on what catalyst software you have, you know how to make it run through the Radeon? As a confirmation, look at your options/graphics section and have a look at what card is listed by Bannerlord there. The 754 is probably the integrated graphics on your AMD CPU with a little bit of drawn memory.

The game isnt running through your Radeon Card. Depending on what catalyst software you have, you know how to make it run through the Radeon? As a confirmation, look at your options/graphics section and have a look at what card is listed by Bannerlord there. The 754 is probably the integrated graphics on your AMD CPU with a little bit of drawn memory.

Saw I few people with that problem on the forum already and have checked for it. In the Options/Video tab Bannerlord has AMD Radeon HD 8570D as the only card listed and thus is the one I'm using. So unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem. Cheers anyway.

Saw I few people with that problem on the forum already and have checked for it. In the Options/Video tab Bannerlord has AMD Radeon HD 8570D as the only card listed and thus is the one I'm using. So unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the problem. Cheers anyway.
Can you verify this by checking the GPU Usage from the 'Performance' tab in 'Task Manager'? Thanks in advance.

dont give up. i have a similar laptop/system to you (mine is about 7 years old) and i can play bannerlord on medium with a solid 40fps in large battles/screen transitions instant or take a couple of seconds.

How i achieved this is by being smarter than my system. I updated drivers (sound card included), i adjusted pagefile, i got 16gb RAM, i used the AMD software to make sure its set to use my GPU, i turned off sound enhancements in my sound device, i defragged, i use performance monitors such as Orbital Advanced System Care Free which closes background programs and boosts RAM, i made sure my power options maximise performance in Control Panel, i cleaned my laptop out and reapplied thermal paste to both my GPU and CPU. The majority of people dont have to do this, but i do siince all my money goes to my ex-wife and kids as alimony and i cant afford a new laptop.

The fiddly technology here is something called "Enduro" where you system switches from the CPU to GPU. what sofware drivers do you have installed? do you have the Adrenaline 2020 drivers? They really helped my 8970m card. Maybe Bannerlord has to re-recognise your card, do this by deleting all the folders in your Documents/bannerlord/config file (the game will make new ones).

Dont give up brother. Did the Uthmani Troops give up and go home at Galipoli when the world's Great powers descended on them? Hold the line.

Back
Top Bottom