Resolved Performance decrease since beta 1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
- UI lag (interface takes long to load, for example when loading inventory screen), does not react fast to clicking, eg on trading screen), troop screen is unresponsive (eg when upgrading troops). Generally the interface gets less reactive over time, for example the town menus.
- long loading times (after battle screen when clicking done takes long to get to prisoner screen loot screen then after looting it takes long to get to the world map etc, characters loading in encyclopedia, leaving tournament screen after getting kicked out of or winning tournaments
- microstutter on the world map when travelling, when scrolling or turning the camera. game is not saving in this moments
- battle performance is lower for me in general and also seems to decrease further the longer the game sesion goes on

Could you please share your computer specs?

Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
In-game graphic settings:

i have same issue

Computer Specs:
GPU: 1060 6gb
CPU: i7-3770k
RAM: 16gb ddr3 1866
Motherboard: pa-z77v-pro
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (either samsung evo 870 (500gb) or kingston sh103s3240 (250gb)
In-game graphic settings: nvidia optimal, or sometimes lower (medium~) at 1440p
Could you please share your computer specs?

Computer Specs:
GPU: 1060 6gb
CPU: i7-3770k
RAM: 16gb ddr3 1866
Motherboard: pa-z77v-pro
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (either samsung evo 870 (500gb) or kingston sh103s3240 (250gb)
In-game graphic settings: nvidia optimal, or sometimes lower (medium~) at 1440p

I also have the exact same issues with the beta:

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1070
CPU: i7-8750H
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
In-game graphic settings: High on most settings, disabled some optional settings on the bottom.

Here the same like in the first post.Also stuttering durring a battles, long laoding ui screen after the battles.I found for myself, that its a memory issue. Durring a battle when the game start to stuttering I just clear the memory with ClearMem and all is ok(durring a battle and after that for a time), but this is a temporary solution.The developers must do something about this. In 1.5.5 I do not have such problem like stuttering freezing.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 960ti
CPU: i5-2500k
RAM: 8 GB 1600mhz
Motherboard: Asus P8P67
In-game graphic settings: Custom from medium to high. For gpu 1912mb from 2000 available

Last edited:
Stuttering durring a battles, long laoding ui screen after the battles.I found for myself, that its a memory issue. Durring a battle when the game start to stuttering I just clear the memory with ClearMem and all is ok, but this is a temporary solution.The developers must do something about this. In 1.5.5 I do not have such problem with the memory

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 960ti
CPU: i5-2500k
RAM: 8 GB 1600mhz
In-game graphic settings: Custom from medium to high. For gpu 1912mb from 2000 available

Second that. I thought it was autosave but soon realize it is a memory issue with task manager open. The memory usage increased after every battle. With certain amount of battles (guess 10+), my memory usage became 20G! ridiculous.

PS: I don't think it is the battle itself. I do not have issues during stimulation. I think it is UI of the loot after the battle. The space in memory is not released properly I guess.

My specs:
GPU: GTX 2080
CPU: i7-6500k
RAM: 31 GB 2100mhz
In-game graphic settings: High

Last edited:
PS: I don't think it is the battle itself. I do not have issues during stimulation. I think it is UI of the loot after the battle. The space in memory is not released properly I guess.
Yes, its not the battle itself. As you say The memory usage increased over time. You have 32gb ram , but if you have 8gb or 16gb maybe your game will start stuttering during simulation ( freezing for a second per few seconds ) after a few battles.

Last edited:
Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

my specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX1050 Ti
CPU: Intel i7-3770K
RAM: 16GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS on SSD, game on HDD
In-game graphic settings: mostly medium with some performance adjustments @ 1920x1080

Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

For the moment, unfortunately I will not be able to download the telemetry build and record test data.

Same issue here. Especially in campaign map If I use fast forward my fps is dropping from 60 to 40 for a split second every couple of seconds. Same in every graphics level. 1080p, 900p, high, medium, low.

my specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX1060
CPU: Intel i5 6500
RAM: 16GB 2666mhz
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS on SSD, game on HDD
In-game graphic settings: tried every setting on 1080p 900p windowed and full screen. Same high loading times, same stuttering, same level of performance. My in-game refresh rate is also locked at 50hz for some reason.

I am reverting back to 1.5.5. Maybe it'll fix my problems.

UPDATE: Changing to 1.5.5 solved my problems. Clearly 1.5.6 has too many performance issues. For my case the performance issues on campaign map whether it is travelling, going into towns, opening tabs(quest log, inventory etc.) were actually made the game impossible to play. Going 1.5.5 also solved the 50hz lock on video tab. I can now play the game on high settings @1080p60fps without any problems. I didn't test the bigger wars of course. Only played against small groups of bandits and looters.

Last edited:
Also same problem but with AMD Hardware. No mods installed. Campaign map stuttering constantly from day 1 onwards every 1 to 3 seconds.

Computer Specs:
GPU: RX 580
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16 GB DDR 4
Motherboard: B450 Gaming Plus
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Game on HDD, OS on SDD
In-game graphic settings: The problem is there regardless of the graphic settings.

beta 1.5.7, performance is still bad for me. Map lags, horrible UI lag (party screen, inventory screen). Will post more when I get a longer playsession in.

I made a clean reinstallation of 1.5.7 after the hotfix yesterday and am still very dissatisfied. Entering and leaving settlements is now less time consuming but the loading and closing of everything related to items (lootscreen, trade menue) and the army menue is still taking too long. And do you see how terrible the item icons look? And the campaign map? It`s not because of the video quality:

I´m "glad" it´s not only me. Game has lags all over, in battles (even it hideouts) as well as while on the map, as well as in menus. I returned into game after ~ 5 months and I´m simply consternated over the fact that so few things went better and so many went worse (and I´m not just talking about performance issues).

Don´t put resources in cosmetics or things nobody asked for, like renaming units or perks.

Back
Top Bottom