Resolved "Perfect technique" perk ruins throwing ai for hero and everyone in their unit group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

CptMuppet

Sergeant
Summary: Hello! I found a bug while playing campaign on version beta e1.6.4 and now I am reporting it while using beta e1.6.5.

The bug is linked to combat ai and character development system. More particularly perk "Perfect technique" makes ai controlled hero outstandingly awful at aiming with throwing weapons. Much worse than having just 0 throwing skill. Specifically it makes ai to aim to high. You can clearly see it in my videos, especially it the last one. Spread of hero's javelins is quite small there, but all of them are far behind the targeted enemy soldiers. This perk boost projectile speed of throwing weapons so I wonder if there are potential similar problems with other perks affecting projectile speed? For example "Running throw" or "Unstoppable force". In the second video I performed a test with same heroes from the same campaign as in the first video, but I used earlier save, from ther moment right before heroes got "Perfect technique". They had no problem with aiming here.

This bug however is more complex than that. If you set the same control group before the battle for the hero with "Perfect technique" and regular soldiers or heroes without this perk, all of a sudden the whole group have the same, mentioned above, problem with aim while using throwing weapons. If you split this group into two seperate ones in the battle, the one without the "clumsy" hero can aim perfectly fine again, but the other is as pathetic as it was before. Also killing "clumsy" hero during the battle rapairs throwing ai for the rest of the group. And the last strange behaviour I have observed, and you can too in the last video, is soldiers with the "clumsy" hero in their group can properly aim if they had been in seperate groups before the battle and were later merged together during the battle.

That is all i have for you besides the more formal sfuff bellow, and You have a nice day!

How to Reproduce: Have ai controlled hero with "Perfect technique" perk and equipped throwing weapon on the battlefield. For maximum bug potential have other heroes/soldiers with throwing weapons set before the battle to the same control group on the party screen as hero with "Perfect technique" perk. Also splitting and merging groups with bugged hero may give you different suprising results.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No, I have not used any cheats.

Scene Name (if related): n/a

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Heroes with "Perfect technique" perk vs soldiers with similar throwing skill:

Heroes without "Perfect technique" perk:

Hero and soldiers in the same control group:

Hero and soldiers in different control groups and merging groups in the battle:

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 472.12
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX