Penton Neretzes may be related to Arenicos Pehtros' poisoning

Users who are viewing this thread

That's what she claims though. What people say publicly and what is in their hearts are often very different...

Also.... What is that old, sexist, patriarchal saying??? "Poison??? Why, that's a woman's weapon."

However, the complete opposite could be true... It could've been the case that Arenicos actually wanted his daughter Ira to succeed him and the grumpy old stumps in the Senate couldn't stomach being ruled by a woman and killed him before he could publicly announce Ira as his heir...

But honestly, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on Rhagaea - something about her makes me think of Livia Drusilla.

Livia was suspected killing Augustus but not proved.... I doubt she'd kill him, he had no more people to look for on a heir, Tiberius was his only choice by then... And some people say that Augustus and Livia agreed on his death, so was a suicide kinda of, if was true.

But I say again:
Arenico's could have told his wife about his plans for Ira and for the Empire...after his return to Lycaron and the matrimonial reunion to make another baby/heir. In bed Rhaegea, as the daughter of a King, probably mentioned the succession... Arenicos told her and she decided that even if he was old ( maybe 50th), he could still produce another heir, could put her aside and Ira would be given to a political marriage. So, she maybe poisoned his wine after their lovemaking and pretended the emperor was sick or sent the guards away from the door after she came to him, so they couldn't listen to them. ANd later in the night, for dinner when she sent them to call the Emperor they found him dead.

That's what she claims though. What people say publicly and what is in their hearts are often very different...

Also.... What is that old, sexist, patriarchal saying??? "Poison??? Why, that's a woman's weapon."

However, the complete opposite could be true... It could've been the case that Arenicos actually wanted his daughter Ira to succeed him and the grumpy old stumps in the Senate couldn't stomach being ruled by a woman and killed him before he could publicly announce Ira as his heir...

But honestly, if I were a betting man, I would put my money on Rhagaea - something about her makes me think of Livia Drusilla.

Penton could have arranged this poisoning with the members of the senate. They may have an agreement. Senate will install Penton as Emperor and Penton will give senate some priviliges.

Is this a theory or actually happened? Because

Theory, of course... but he did was found in his chambers alone and on the floor

I can see that a lot happening....He could divorce her or put her aside for a younger wealthier woman, which clan could help him financially on his wars and reforms and on the floor of the Senate.. And get a son and heir for his political reasons.

Theory, of course... but he did was found in his chambers alone and on the floor

I can see that a lot happening....He could divorce her or put her aside for a younger wealthier woman, which clan could help him financially on his wars and reforms and on the floor of the Senate.. And get a son and heir for his political reasons.

Divorcing Rhagaea? I don't think so because Rhagaea was a symbol of peace and alliance between Aserai and Empire.

Divorcing Rhagaea? I don't think so because Rhagaea was a symbol of peace and alliance between Aserai and Empire.
She was daughter of a Eastern King, nothing about the Aserai...

And besides, I can easily picture Arenicos reaching Saneopa before everyone after the Battle, bloodied, dusted and in full armor climbing the Senate step and entering the house to give the News, to urge them to not waste time and Elected someone smarter to be Emperor, someone powerful and loved by the legions, by the people.. Someone they claim to be a Hero, which means Him, of course.

It was said of Arenicos when you talk of other nobles that he was a pragmatic man. An iron ruler. So, he could have thought about, probably didn't wanted too, maybe for love for Rhagaea or maybe he just didn't want and still believed she could give him a Son.

But, if Arenicos told her of his plan, and if she was the person that murdered him, then yes, could be something very frightening for her

Rhagaea seems like a smart person, she had more power as consort behind the throne and could manipulate things in the direction she wanted (having her daughter as heir to keep the expanding influence of her dynasty), instead her husband got killed and she has to fight a cluster**** of a civil war to keep her daughter's inheritance while the empire is besieged on all sides by barbarians/former allies, to murder her husband and keep all power to herself seems like the move of a naive power-hungry person, she seems more like a smart and calculating one so i still think it could have been done by one of the senators as a power move that backfired tremendously.

Rhagaea seems like a smart person, she had more power as consort behind the throne and could manipulate things in the direction she wanted (having her daughter as heir to keep the expanding influence of her dynasty), instead her husband got killed and she has to fight a cluster**** of a civil war to keep her daughter's inheritance while the empire is besieged on all sides by barbarians/former allies, to murder her husband and keep all power to herself seems like the move of a naive power-hungry person, she seems more like a smart and calculating one so i still think it could have been done by one of the senators as a power move that backfired tremendously.
Anyone who killed the Old Boy, made a huge mistake, since the plot backfired everywhere. hahaha

But, I still have my suspicions on her specially... it's too timingly for him to die, no? He could have changed every plan he previously made.

The truth is he need a heir, He didn't had one... or rather One he'd like to be his Successor

Back
Top Bottom