Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Eyegrim

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

spartan012 said:
70 Recruits? What are you, 9?

Please don't play with my words.

Jarls can destroy more than twice their number. Ever tried sending Huscarls to fight them? They were decimated by the Jarls, although it was a pyrrhic victory. They move faster, less encumbrance from smaller shields ,have more health and they somehow don't seem to have a problem taking down cavalry.

Please don't judge it if you don't play at full damage, or if you have never fought the Jarls on foot. Lancing them on a spirit horse isn't counted either.

Wow man, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything and I did say "almost" anything (also insults of age and difficulty setting are uncalled for). I also remember admitting I had only ever encountered Jarls in small numbers.

spartan012 said:

Jarls can destroy more than twice their number. Ever tried sending Huscarls to fight them? They were decimated by the Jarls, although it was a pyrrhic victory. They move faster, less encumbrance from smaller shields ,have more health and they somehow don't seem to have a problem taking down cavalry.

Please don't judge it if you don't play at full damage, or if you have never fought the Jarls on foot. Lancing them on a spirit horse isn't counted either.

Thats bull, go **** yourself.

Sincerly, anyone who play the game the way they want, to have fun, rather to wave their infantry/full damage player e-peen around.

Bobthehero said:
spartan012 said:

Thats bull, go **** yourself.

Sincerly, anyone who play the game the way they want, to have fun, rather to wave their infantry/full damage player e-peen around.

If i had a longer dic*, i would.

And who said i was trying to stop anyone having fun? I'm merely stating that their perception of a unit is wrong based from my experience. Pssh.

How is it bull if the facts are clearly written in Morgh's Editor? Did you even bother checking?

God, now i understand why some users have given up on this forum.

Golden Fish said:
spartan012 said:

Wow man, I wasn't trying to insult you or anything and I did say "almost" anything (also insults of age and difficulty setting are uncalled for). I also remember admitting I had only ever encountered Jarls in small numbers.

If that's the case, how is Bob's reply any better than mine?  :roll:

At least i dont tell people to **** themselves, which is a typical expression for a 4yo with nothing better to say, or someone who lacks reasonable depth to make a point.

Please don't argue over a gaming opinion. If you even respond to people in this, at least make your reply civil. Don't drag the forum down and get banned.

I wasn't the one who got this argument started. Simple as that. The whole point i was trying to explain was that people have not fought the Jarls enough and that while they are entitled to their opinions, they have not seen it in a more realistic perspective.

And some guy who has no idea on what was going on goes, "Oh this guy sucks because he called someone 9. Hehe Huscarls are the best, that's why saying that Jarls are better is bull."

Hey true, i might make some slight insults but not to the extent of telling someone else to stuff their pencil into a sharpener.

Ok guys stop. Post the description of the duel.

In fact, I would have made it that the jarls killed all but one huscarl, then when they went to sleep the huscarl cut their throats.

Only way, imo, the huscarls could beat the jarls.

Shadow-Seeker said:
In fact, I would have made it that the jarls killed all but one huscarl, then when they went to sleep the huscarl cut their throats.

Why not their family jewels? This seems to be the fate of Vanskerries in this mod.

The rain bounced off helmets and shields as the two groups of men faced eachother across the field. Voices rose, and insults were flung between them as they readied themselves.

The Vanskerries were still jubilant after their string of plundering, and were urging eachother into combat, while the Fierdsvain troops were steadfast and ready to do their duty to their thegns.

TAKE THESE RAPING SONS OF CATTLE DOWN! came the cry from the huscarls, and they streamed forwards in a close group, shields raised, axes flashing in their hands and on their hips. Projectiles flew back and forth, and a few dropped on either side as the distance rapidly closed.

The warriors met in the middle of the plain, and the fight quickly became a slippery brawl in the blood-soaked mud, as the men struggled to keep their footing whilst blocking and swinging with ruthless efficiency. Those who momentarily triumphed were quickly cut down from behind, as all semblance of discipline broke apart. One Vanskerry was dragged frothing to the ground, where he was hacked at by the Fierdsvain troops, and another disemboweled his opponent, only to have his head cleaved in two by a mighty blow.

After what seemed like an age, four huscarls remained standing over a clutch of ruined corpses. One of them reached down and removed the helmet of the Vanskerry leader.

He looks about twelve! cried the huscarl. This is no Jarl!

An axe crashed into his back, thrown with inhuman force, and his companions whirled to see a group of Vanskerry Jarls charging towards them. JAAAAAAAARL! cried a Fierdsvain, his arms raised to the sky. Then they ran. The end.

Because screw huscarls.

Ok guys, I'm picking the next duel!

It's the one no-one would ever expect...

D'Shar Windrider vs. Knight of the Clarion call!

weather: clear
setting: pastures/steppes north-east of Singal
reason: D'Shar scouting party
rules: no-holds barred!

Tubby McChubbles said:
[/i]He looks about twelve! cried the huscarl. This is no Jarl!

An axe crashed into his back, thrown with inhuman force, and his companions whirled to see a group of Vanskerry Jarls charging towards them. JAAAAAAAARL! cried a Fierdsvain, his arms raised to the sky. Then they ran. The end.

Because screw huscarls.

I do believe the people have voted. And you screwed them. Now thats not very nice of you.

Marche said:
I'm simply not impressed by Windriders, so Knights of the Clarion Call it is.

Knights of the Clarion Call can actually FIGHT.  Windriders are really good at dying in my opinion. 

To be honest i really have not faced either of these two. but form what i have heard i would have to say the Knights  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom