SP Antiquity Peloponnesian War Mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiser said:
i feel like i just read a book...
but back on topic:
is the trial version for this mod gonna be uploaded anytime soon?

No is the short answer. Mainly because I know all items will work, all that will really need playtesting are the codes. I won't work on the coding for now, though, since I'm working on modelling and texturing right now. If someone with coding knowledge steps forward, yeah it can pop up soon, otherwise it'll have to wait for me to finish what I'm doing first, so I can focus on the scripts.

Beta won't be released with just a map and items change. At least part of the scripts should be in prior to that. I'll post some updates soon, though.

*thumbs up*

what coding do you need doing?
i'm too lazy to make factions or new conversations but if you just want rewording or scenes doing I can prob give you a hand.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
i'm too lazy to make factions or new conversations but if you just want rewording or scenes doing I can prob give you a hand.

Scenes would be cool, man. I'll make some new props, though. I'll add some pillars and statues, I also have to change the textures for the walls and roof. I'll get back to you when I have those, unless you can / have the time to make them. About the scripts, no it won't be that simple, the faction part is actually the easy part, there's some diplomacy, faction elimination, slavery, farming, resources, sacrifice and several other issues I want to put in, but I'll probably open beta with just a few of them in place, otherwise it'll take like double the time it's already taking me. The modelling took really a huge part of my time, since I had to make almost all items from scratch, I couldn't borrow a thing from the vanilla.

Just to be clear, I'm -trying- to not get into fights anymore. I'm not going to fight with Big U. Which is specifically why I pointed out, without insulting him, that he took my critique way too personally. If he gets uppidy about it, I promise you guys I won't respond so that it won't degenerate further.

Honestly Damien, half of the time I disagree with most people when they say it's your fault the little quarrels begin. All's you do is correct people. I thank people when they correct me. If I still disagree with what they say, I read into it more, I dont complain and accuse them of being idiots. I agree with your nationality statement, for example. I am Italian, yet I no A LOT of Japanese and Chinese history, and absolutley NOTHING on Italian history....my point being, I dont think you should hold back your corrections, as long as you keep putting them as you have been, and not how you were a couple months ago  :lol: . The only reason people quarrel with you, is because they no that you have a lousy backslate, and many people will target your corrections as an automatic insult* Thanks for the correct info by the way. And Lynores, yes thats the email you gave me, thanks for the verification* And to everyone else, the reason this mod is taking longer then expected is my fault, and nobody elses. Lynores has been busting his ass everyday for over a month now, all's I've done was the map, which doesnt even have icons or spawn points set yet, and is at my computer at home so I can't even get it to Lynores. Any help that can be given will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Fenix

I appreciate the kind words - thank you. I am making an effort not to come off as hostile, but I suppose simply being corrected or disagreed with is enough to set some people off. I know it sets me off sometimes. Human nature, ya know? Looking forward to seeing how this mod turns out, looks like it should be a good one!

Lynores said:
Ealdormann Hussey said:

Scenes would be cool, man. I'll make some new props, though. I'll add some pillars and statues, I also have to change the textures for the walls and roof. I'll get back to you when I have those, unless you can / have the time to make them. About the scripts, no it won't be that simple, the faction part is actually the easy part, there's some diplomacy, faction elimination, slavery, farming, resources, sacrifice and several other issues I want to put in, but I'll probably open beta with just a few of them in place, otherwise it'll take like double the time it's already taking me. The modelling took really a huge part of my time, since I had to make almost all items from scratch, I couldn't borrow a thing from the vanilla.

Sure i'll do scenes, I'm not much cop at making props though so i'll leave that to you.

I am not going to reply in kind to Damien's incoherent rambling, because it would lead this to the mudpit. Suffice to say, I won't be participating to anything here, because Damien seems to be representative of a bunch of ill mannered half-knowledgeable smartasses ...the local Gestapo kind of.
I was trying to provide some help, I wasn't questioning anyone's knowledge (which I could easily do, as in the first pages there was an enormous amount of bull regarding terms, names and concepts). I just offered some of my expertise and a smartass comes up and questions not me, but top notch military history and ancient Greek history experts like Georgios Steinhauer, M.C. Amuretti, J.B. Bury, Russwel Meiggs, M. Sage - not to mention the primary sources, Herodotus, Xenophon, Polybius, Plutarch and a host of others. And without providing a single source, too.
That's it, I am out of here. Cheers and have fun with your little nazi-act.

Ok, now the the REAL forum Gestapo, Mr. Big U is gone, we can get back to our respectfull, mature, interesting, and CORRECT discusion about Lynores's mod.

edit: and thanks for your interest U*  :lol:

Well, I know that you both were contributing with your knowledge to the project, and that was what brought you here in the first place. For that I thank you, and to those that are leaving, I hope you'll enjoy the mod when it does come out. And thanks again to both, the both of you helped a lot.

EDIT: I got my hands full with texturing work right now, and I'd appreciate some opinions. I posted a small update in the mod boards.

EDIT:
How are you simulating using the same weapon as a missile and a hand-to-hand? Multiple slots?

That's the only possibility right now, just like yoshi did with his pirate mod. It was the musket I think.

Back
Top Bottom