Peerblock

Users who are viewing this thread

FrisianDude

Archduke
Hey all, my roommate mentioned that my pc was catching lots of crap and advised me to try something called Peerblock. But Peerblock, it turns out, has Taleworlds under a block list.  I've set it to allow for fifteen minutes for now, but how come it lists a forum as bad? 

iTq5E.png

No idea 'bout the initial question, but I've been using PB for years now. It's certainly good at keeping thousands of chinese spambots and others from filling up my apache log with garbage. :razz:

Kevlar said:
Alternatively just get ccleaner, malewarebytes and avg.
Have those, except avg.

J, that's why it was recommended. Dude said Korean **** was over my computer for some reason.

In that case, there's a page which keeps an up-to-date list of Chinese/Korean IP ranges: http://www.okean.com/antispam/sinokorea.html
They don't provide it in a PB-friendly format though, but I have converted it over (linkum, download and store locally, will remove the file at some point.) Not updated regularly. :razz:

It does seem to also catch quite a few Aussie pages, but just right-click on false positives and tell it to permanently allow 'em.

Back
Top Bottom