Peasant revolts

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe MINOR revolts in the poorest villages. Since these peasant revolts were quite uncommon to say the least. If the village is at the LOWEST prosperity, and it takes them more than a week to get back on their feet, they'll take the rest of their people, and march to recruit more villages to war. The affected villages will become a blood-red color. Not like the Rebel faction, a darker, MUCH darker red.

Jakob Zaborowski said:
Medieval surfs almost never rebelled due to being raised to see the king as god and to be content with their position. No from me.
To what extend would a Calradian usurper-king be seen as such by his subjects?

I think it would make a nice gameplay feature. It may also be very interesting if you could also plot to arm and finance a peasant rebellion to further destabilize a faction and plunge it into sub-civil war.

Jakob Zaborowski said:
If they are put in Bannerlord in the way they were in real life, they would only be about once for one town on the map.
Let's not forget this is a game, not a historical simulator. In this game you get to have hundreds, maybe even thousands, of battles of varying size within a single year, all of that on a territory that can be traversed from one corner to the other in 2-3 days. You definitely don't get that in real history. Furthermore, you've got kings, lords and even companions who have magical skills and are practically immortal - none of that either. And to top it off, a javelin in your eye actually would not kill you - definitely not like something happening in the real world.
So, this is a game, which is not even based on actual history, thus there's absolutely no *historical* reason for peasant rebellions not to exist in Calradia, unless the game developers decide it doesn't fit with the *lore*. And I personally think it might fit well enough, especially if they manage to implement more political aspects in the game, which could be tied to this.

Jakob Zaborowski said:
What? So if some one does not agree with your silly suggestion they are spamming? Calm down dude.

My point stands, there are only a handful of peasant revolts of any size in medieval history. If they are put in Bannerlord in the way they were in real life, they would only be about once for one town on the map.

there are only a handful successful peasant revolts in medieval history, most are put down before they become anything of significance.
But the peasants used to be very happy to revolt, if they have a fighting chance.

NikeBG said:
Jakob Zaborowski said:
If they are put in Bannerlord in the way they were in real life, they would only be about once for one town on the map.
Let's not forget this is a game, not a historical simulator. In this game you get to have hundreds, maybe even thousands, of battles of varying size within a single year, all of that on a territory that can be traversed from one corner to the other in 2-3 days. You definitely don't get that in real history. Furthermore, you've got kings, lords and even companions who have magical skills and are practically immortal - none of that either. And to top it off, a javelin in your eye actually would not kill you - definitely not like something happening in the real world.
So, this is a game, which is not even based on actual history, thus there's absolutely no *historical* reason for peasant rebellions not to exist in Calradia, unless the game developers decide it doesn't fit with the *lore*. And I personally think it might fit well enough, especially if they manage to implement more political aspects in the game, which could be tied to this.

^

Revolting peasants may want from us to help them to train them join them exc. If our reputation is high enough they want to lead them. What are ur opinions?

Back
Top Bottom