Peasant Levy

Users who are viewing this thread

peasantlevy.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Vlandia Peasant Levy in this thread.

imo, this feels like the worst 100g class you can get for either TDM or Skirmish. The pitchfork and Voulge options are okay but nothing great, they have their uses in specific circumstances. But this class severely lacks in the 1 handed weaponry department. The hammer option is functionally useless to choose as it has shorter range and speed than the pickaxe. The pickaxe does decent damage against armored opponents as well, which is the hammer's one plus, making the hammer just not needed.

It could instead benefit from getting a 1 handed sword instead. As it stands, I also think the class can be renamed to just peasant as they just look like peasants and look like they wear no armor. If you want a levy theme, or to at least have them appear like they belong in an army and have some form of limited training, they should be wearing a padded gambeson at the very least so it at least looks like they have some form of protection on.

explain to meee .... why the peasant cant get a sword, when the pick axe is shorter then the sickle And slower and has the ability to thrust but cannot .... so why would i pick the pick axe, over the sickle, just because it does a bit more dmg? can peasant get a sword or make a weapon thrust able.

Actually, I don't see why you'd pick the sickle over the pickaxe at all. It offers nothing but a little speed. The reach difference is negligible, while the Pickaxe is slower, all your opponents with higher tier classes will be more armored than you are, and that's where the extra damage comes in. It's simply better at piercing armor than the sickle is. I agree the peasant could get some type of better 1h bladed weapon likely with a lot better reach since it would make choosing between the pickaxe and the bladed weapon more of a choice. As I see it now, the only two real options to choose as the peasant is shield and pickaxe or extra armor and Voulge so you get a 2h polearm.

A peasant without a pitchfork is nothing. Swap the awl pike back to pitchfork. What use does an awl pike have on a farm
Stab horses at longer range, wish you could steal horses so as to do damage in the high 80s.

Did people actually complain about the pitchfork's damage output on horseback that TaleWorlds felt it necessary to get rid of the Peasant Levy's horse stealing utility? I mean yes, it's a kontos but it's also a bit shorter than most long one-handed spears

A peasant without a pitchfork is nothing. Swap the awl pike back to pitchfork. What use does an awl pike have on a farm
Be careful what you wish for, cuz they nerfed the Pitchfork from being what was probably the best kontos in the game to being worse than the Sturgian Short Spear
NmP6jia.png

Yeah the farm weapons in general are hilariously bad.

I think they would play better in Captain if each peasant randomly drew a weapon instead of the whole squad being assigned one weapon. Then you could at least rear with pitchforks and get in some 2h hits with shovels.

Still fun though, movement in the right direction.

Last edited:
Yeah the farm weapons in general are hilariously bad.

I think they would play better in Captain if each peasant randomly drew a weapon instead of the whole squad being assigned one weapon. Then you could at least rear with pitchforks and get in some 2h hits with shovels.

Still fun though, movement in the right direction.
I imagine that they can't make the farming tools too powerful. Prior to 1.6.1, I remember dropping my voulge as a volgier in favour of a peasant levy's billhook since it was much faster and still did a decent amount of damage.

TaleWorlds likely don't want the 80 cost Peasant Levy to end up being a better shock trooper than the 130 cost Menavlion Infantry.

I imagine that they can't make the farming tools too powerful. Prior to 1.6.1, I remember dropping my voulge as a volgier in favour of a peasant levy's billhook since it was much faster and still did a decent amount of damage.

TaleWorlds likely don't want the 80 cost Peasant Levy to end up being a better shock trooper than the 130 cost Menavlion Infantry.
I think everyone agreed from the jump that the billhook was broken, there's definitely a wide gap between those two extremes and I think there's a comfortable solution in there somewhere.

I'm proposing that a better solution would be to allow some of the weapons to be bad, but randomly select a weapon for each peasant (or just evenly distribute one of each) so there's at a little variety in attack types. This is mostly to beat up cavalry who managed to get reared by the pitchforks, since the farm tools perk is meant to be anti-cav.

I guess if we're to keep farming tools, perhaps this would be a good way to handle things?

Perk 1
Pickaxe replaced with Scythe
-Swing speed increased from 71 to 77
-Damage decreased from 71 to 67

I've never really been to fond of the pickaxe since every point of armor counts for the Peasant Levy and the sickle can still deal a decent amount of damage. My suggestion for the scythe will still make it a worse option than actually playing a shock trooper, though this should at least allow it to swing faster than the slower one-handed weapons in the game. (i.e: Mace and shield for Aserai or Battania)

Perk 2
Farming Tool replaced with Pitchfork
-Randomization removed
-Reach increased from 167 to 184

I imagine a lot of people missed the former glory of the pitchfork. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's overpowered though since it's still shorter than the one-handed Aserai spears but should be able to make up for it in terms of raw killing power (especially on horseback)

Last edited:
I guess if we're to keep farming tools, perhaps this would be a good way to handle things?

Perk 1
Pickaxe replaced with Scythe
-Swing speed increased from 71 to 77
-Damage decreased from 71 to 67

I've never really been to fond of the pickaxe since every point of armor counts for the Peasant Levy and the sickle can still deal a decent amount of damage. My suggestion for the scythe will still make it a worse option than actually playing a shock trooper, though this should at least allow it to swing faster than the slower one-handed weapons in the game. (i.e: Mace and shield for Aserai or Battania)

Perk 2
Farming Tool replaced with Pitchfork
-Randomization removed
-Reach increased from 167 to 184

I imagine a lot of people missed the former glory of the pitchfork. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's overpowered though since it's still shorter than the one-handed Aserai spears but should be able to make up for it in terms of raw killing power (especially on horseback)
yea randomisation perk sucks ***
give us pitchfork or even return awlpike back

Back
Top Bottom