Need More Info (PC Crash/Shutdown) Bannerlord is causing my new gaming PC to reboot mid-game! Very alarming! (2080ti, 9700k)

Users who are viewing this thread

The game completely bricks my laptop as well! Let me quote myself from another thread:

Thinking about it, this really feels like a power-supply issue, does it not? Most of you guys can actually play the game, but these crashes occur randomly when the game loads a battle or new scene. For me it crashes immediately when entering gameplay. Most of you have beefy gaming rigs with much better PSU's than me on my janky old laptop... I've seen other people talk about this, and perhaps not enough wattage is the reason? This game apparently needs a lot of power to run, and perhaps your PSU's can handle it most of the time (until something causes power to spike and the PC shuts down) while my laptop is not even close and shuts down immediately?

Just an idea. This should definitely not happen.

How could it be my 750watt power supply if I am able to run stress test Prime 95 with flying colors? Or any other game, 150 hours on Red Dead Redemption 2 (Also not optimized) in practically 4K?

Taken from: Same issue, different post

"Reposting/updating from my other thread stuff here just to centralize.

DXDiag here.

Here is a relevant save.

The crash I'm experience is a direct crash into a reboot. It skips the BSOD or any other obvious fault notification. The time of the hang between the game and the reboot is noticable, but short (a second or two). This crash only ever happens during the transition to and from the campaign map. I've had it right as my army reached an enemy army and teh game tried to transition campaign->pre-battle screen. I've also had it post-battle after telling the opposing leader that they were my prisoner now. At the transition point from that conversation screen back to the campaign map, crash-reboot.

Above is a save where this happens predictably. The save is on the pre-battle screen. The crash happens every time in this save whether I simulate the battle (Send in troops) or fight and win it myself. The crash/reboot happened multiple times in a row using both circumstances. With tihs particular save it has happened since 1.07. I have tried it with 1.08 and 1.09. I was seeing the crash earlier in the same circumstance, but it wasn't all the time. I'm not sure if it started 1.05 or 1.06. For this particular save I have never been able to move passed this point in this particular save without a crash.

I have done memory diagnostics and whatnot. Everything is up to date. In my spare time I'm going through Event Logs around the point of crash to look for non-Bannerlord reasons, but haven't found anything. I routinely have GPU and CPU temp monitors up on a second screen. I have a PSU with a status monitor. None of those are showing any issues. The commonality seems to be specifically transitions to and from the campaign map. I haven't seen it happening in any other game. "

According to the Beta patch notes,
Performance

• Ram and VRAM usage is reduced and many leaks are fixed.
  • Scene loading performance improvements.

Considering that the scene loading = why our PCs are rebooting, could this have solved it?

I'll wait a few hours before making a separate thread on this suggestion but: Could we please have just this section patch transferred into the base game so we can test the game out to see if this is a solution?

I'm using the beta and nothing has changed. It is completely random, sometimes 2 minutes sometimes 2 hours. It does seem to be closely related to "loading" anything a lot of times such as entering/leaving a town or battle or various other screens. Sometimes its just as I'm crossing the campaign map, usually I have an auto save after reboot that is corrupt but not always. Again, temps are normal, usually in the 45-55 range for cpu and gpu even when it works for longer periods. Stress testing has brought everything up to 100% and into the 70s temp wise with no errors or crashing, this again is NOT a problem with hardware.

Thank you for responding ^ Your sacrifice is appreciated, I know not to load in my game to do my own testing then.

Was hoping we'd get another response today from the Devs to let us know they are at least actively looking into it for us.

this thread is now 12 days old. anyone of you guys had any improvements with the new versions/beta? I bought the game and had about 4 or 5 pc resets within 90 minutes, all while fighting a battle. I'll get a refund, at least until this is 100% fixed.

I see this blamed on hardware a lot. But how can it be an hardware issue if everything else runs just fine and even stress tests cant reproduce it?

Last edited:
I tried to give it another go yesterday but 10 minutes in I got another hard crash/restart. Unfortunately I may need to go the refund route. I don't see anything in the forums to address this issue. I've sent in dozens of reports. Definitely not a hardware issue, I play many games and none do the hard crash/restart like this game.

I have a 2080 ti too. Quite a few of us reporting this problem have Nvidia RTX 2080ti graphics cards.

Im on an amd rx 5700 xt and its the same thing... Only in bannerlord... And its not even big battles, happened even with 10 guys...

Having the exact same problem, i was 140 hours in zero problems then nek minute the reboot issue arises. This only happens on Bannerlord, never on other games. Very annoying.

I have now started having this problem after the latest updates. everytime I join a game 5 minutes later my PC retarts then when I start my game again it no longer happens.

This is what the logs say everytime it restarts

PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz
RAM: DDR4 32gb 3200MHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (MSI)
PSU: Corsair RM850X
Windows 10

Edit:
Right after this I started thinking that I actually havent playing anything else but bannerlord so I tried another game and it happened again. and yes it was a GPU driver not up to date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom