Users who are viewing this thread

IIRC in Warband you could "hire" patrols that dealt with local bandits and raiders, and kept the settlement's territory safe for villagers and caravans.

It would be nice to see that feature return, as bandits and looters are affecting the economy severely, and Kings/Lords shouldn't have to chase around 30 Looters for the rest of their lives.

For example, inside your keep you could have an advisor that helps you manage patrols. Hiring a patrol of 50 men (Tier 2-3 troops) could have a one-time expense of 500-1000 denars, and have a small wage upkeep. Alternatively, you could hire patrols in the "manage your X" screen.

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't a feature in Native. Oops! However, I think it would make a tremendous difference for players for very little development effort.

Last edited:
It also add RP valute like im the king i want to send some troops to protect our border and teritory safe from raiders. +1

People get mods and vanilla features mixed up lol. That was a mod added feature. But I agree, hiring patrols would be useful.

Dang, my bad! Played too much modded Warband in my 2k+ hours haha :lol:

But if modders could add this as a simple code/script, I'm pretty confident that TW could do it in a heartbeat.

You can use the party system for that your clan is allowed to have more than one party. Only reason to get companions and they're also influence free during wars they're not cheap though.

You can use the party system for that your clan is allowed to have more than one party. Only reason to get companions and they're also influence free during wars they're not cheap though.

Is there any way to command companion parties to patrol? I was not aware of that. Could you tell me how?

They kinda just hang out by your fief they're like the rest of the ai I've seen them actually beat ai lords

I noticed my wife's party went roaming around the middle of the Southern Empire and I started gaining a bunch of rep with local Notables, from 2-5 every couple hours. No idea what she was doing, though. She made tons of money, though. Had like 100 Stewardship and Charm if that tractors in, and 50 Trade.

IIRC in Warband you could "hire" patrols that dealt with local bandits and raiders, and kept the settlement's territory safe for villagers and caravans.

It would be nice to see that feature return, as bandits and looters are affecting the economy severely, and Kings/Lords shouldn't have to chase around 30 Looters for the rest of their lives.

For example, inside your keep you could have an advisor that helps you manage patrols. Hiring a patrol of 50 men (Tier 2-3 troops) could have a one-time expense of 500-1000 denars, and have a small wage upkeep. Alternatively, you could hire patrols in the "manage your X" screen.

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't a feature in Native. Oops! However, I think it would make a tremendous difference for players for very little development effort.
How about contracting one of the resident faction leaders to operate patrols?

Another idea could be to have the assigned Governor do it, as a party leader. (But wouldn't be able to move far away from the settlement, or join armies).

Opinions?

Back
Top Bottom