Patience with the update

Users who are viewing this thread

Jofrid Jarnskeggidottir said:
Mr Wulfstan so how much money you need to set your server up ??
Well if you want to keep the server for 3 months (55 slots) it would be $161.00 = 121.84€ (1slot=$1;  $0.80 if you pay quarterly)
1 month should be $65 = 49,19€
of course you dont have to take 55 slots, just an example

i think 40 slots are ok and i can pay for first month  now ,so tell me exactly how much u need  for that in euros and  of course i hope u have paypal account ,if yes send me  ur paypal address and i will send u money right now

Jofrid Jarnskeggidottir said:
i think 40 slots are ok and i can pay for first month  now ,so tell me exactly how much u need  for that in euros and  of course i hope u have paypal account ,if yes send me  ur paypal address and i will send u money right now
Im truly thankfully that you would go this far, but i have to talk with Eadric about this first , and even if you would pay rigth now it would take 2-3 days to get the server up. I myself think we should at least wait to the weekend for some news about the situation.

That isnt a problem, i myself use paypal to and when the time has come i will send you the informations you need per pm.
Thank you again
~Wullfstán

Well the WSE (warband script enhancer) basically "hacks" the game during playing, to use some additional commands from the mods on the game, things that the native setup doesn't allow for. In our case that is how some helmets still show hair under them, or the friendly horse bump as well as the morale system and many other things.

Now due to the native patches the WSE is not configured to approach the original game right, so that its not compatible, and we have to wait for its creator to port it. Just that the porting can not be done as long as the native game is patched every few days, because it would be broken again right away. So right now we have to wait for the porting, but every new warband patch is a setback and so we can not really do anything until they finally settle with one version.

I don't understand, does this mean that there's no host with the appropriate version of WSE for running of the current, pre-patch Vikingr?
I've heard talk of a possible joint/public server hosting. In that case (and presumably headed by Moecker and the other devs) I would also contribute; and so would many others, I assume.

Dansk viking said:
I don't understand, does this mean that there's no host with the appropriate version of WSE for running of the current, pre-patch Vikingr?
They just put their one and only dedicated server off and dont want to turn it back on. Why ? It is a mystery to me. I personnaly don't give a damn about steam crap. Steam is a hookbait, so don't use it.

I have a question about the steam version:

I bought M&B warband in the local gamestore so I have it on a DVD. But it is still activated by steam. Ofcourse I installed it a long time ago so I  don't remember if I installed steam with it. But it is the same with i.e. Empire TW (got a DVD, play it with steam).
Also I have the 5x5 serial digit.

My question I guess is, what are the people using to play Warband without steam? They got a different DVD?

cheers

Partizan_Rusi said:
They just put their one and only dedicated server off and dont want to turn it back on. Why ? It is a mystery to me. I personnaly don't give a damn about steam crap. Steam is a hookbait, so don't use it.
Presumably because servers cost money, and not enough people would be able to play to make it worth it at the moment. Also, take into account the Víkingr devs didn't own the server - the Fenris clan did.

Hengwulf said:
My question I guess is, what are the people using to play Warband without steam? They got a different DVD?
They downloaded the installer from the TW-homepage.
Hengwulf said:
Are you sure you aren't talking about the steam-activation-key (which is different from your actual CD-key; rightclicking on WB in your steam-library shows an option to display the serial)? If you really have a 5x5 serial you could try the converter assumed that you wanna try to install the 1.143-WB-version.

ModusTollens said:
Hengwulf said:
They downloaded the installer from the TW-homepage.
Hengwulf said:
Are you sure you aren't talking about the steam-activation-key (which is different from your actual CD-key; rightclicking on WB in your steam-library shows an option to display the serial)? If you really have a 5x5 serial you could try the converter assumed that you wanna try to install the 1.143-WB-version.

So I looked at it and it seems the cd key is 5x5. The steam key is 4x4. Does this mean it easy to downgrade my warband. And are there people playing at all these days?

If you have a 4x4 key, you should have no problems installing the taleworlds version. I don't know of any dedicated servers that are running Vikingr right now though.

Hengwulf said:
I have a question about the steam version:

I bought M&B warband in the local gamestore so I have it on a DVD. But it is still activated by steam. Ofcourse I installed it a long time ago so I  don't remember if I installed steam with it. But it is the same with i.e. Empire TW (got a DVD, play it with steam).

cheers
I have DVD with Taleworlds key. No steamcrap . I bought russian localisation and used key with client from taleworlds.com = winrar. I think any Eastern Europe version can have normal non-steam key.

Is this server up yet? I dont' mean to sound pushy I appreciate what you guys are doing and I'm grateful for it, I was just wondering what the situation is.

Back
Top Bottom