Patience with the update

Users who are viewing this thread

Moeckerkalfie

Greetings everyone!

In short: the mod is broken by the warband patches currently and we are working towards fixing it, yet right now there is no way to play apart from setting up the old version and hosting it yourself.

Those of you using steam can probably no longer join the game as clicking the desktop shortcut results in an error message. It is related to the warband patch automatically installed for you, that has temporarily broken the compatibility to the warband script enhancer that we are using to run the game, so that the game can not be started currently.

Also right now there are no dedicated servers hosting Vikingr, as the FenrirSkogr server has gone offline and there is no use in paying for a rented one currently with all the patch messiness breaking compatibility.
For this reason there will be no way to play Vikingr properly for now, but it is to be expected that the WSE itself will be ported soon. Development-side we have expected this and should the WSE port itself not solve the compatibility we will release a small patch 0.94 that will solve it for you.

If you would like to avoid the waiting time and steam already updated the waraband version for you, you could reinstall the old warband version as a non-steam standalone, that can be found here:

warband 1.1143 installer

This way you can play the Vikingr 0.93 without problems, and as it is not steam-bound the warband version will not be updated automatically either. However you will have to enter your CD key to activate that version. Should you be cursed with a 5x5 format cd key from steam there is no way to enter that one though. There is a converter page to create a 4x4 format from your 5x5 cd key, but it seems to be broken in a way that it doesn't accept all keys. That page can be found here:
http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=convertserial.aspx

Indeed it seems that taleworlds has surpassed itself again, as there are many interesting new features in the patch as can be seen here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225282.15.html

Certainly the shield-crash CTD was not satisfying enough and it is nice to see that the patches are used to their full potential.
All in all I highly recommend reverting to 1.143 with the link of the first post.

I can see :

- Face generator system now supports multiple meshes to apply deforms.

Being applied to mace impacts.

ESIKOLNSI¨LNGLKNGLKNGSLKN GOIGBNSOIEISGNOSG GODDAMNIT YES

You do not want to update to 1.150 if you still want to play Vikingr. So nothing to be downloaded, unless you want to revert BACK to 1.143 after steam updating the game for you.

VjlYM.gif

:evil: I turned auto update of, got an error. So I was like, let's start vanilla up see if updated before or something. And THAN it started the freaking update!

Sometimes steam makes me a sad panda

see you after the patch I guess

I dare say we can be happy that the patch doesn't cause cancer, and anything beyond that is a luxury.

Thanks Moeck for cancer protection!

I still try to cure my pc, my video card etc...and now the steam ****...with my Commodore 64 I had never such annoying problems...sigh!

Hope to see all soon on the battlefield...

Halvar said:
Thanks Moeck for cancer protection!
I still try to cure my pc, my video card etc...and now the steam ****...with my Commodore 64 I had never such annoying problems...sigh!
Hope to see all soon on the battlefield...

Stop being silly, just eject "Vikingr" cartridge and blow on it, helps all the time.

Back
Top Bottom