SP Medieval Paths of Destiny

Users who are viewing this thread

Duh said:
Planning wont really do anything for your modding abilities. As we dont know anything about modding Bannerlord, the only practise open to you is making models. If you are doing that already for other mods, you might want to say so and possibly even share examples of your work to raise interest in your project. No good modder will join a team just for an idea.
I have at least 100 models of stuff I want to put in the mod. I will begin to show some of them. I am on two other mod teams aswell....

How to make a Bannerlord mod
and not be a snotty attention whore

0. You prototype your mod for Warband
That way you get feedback for gameplay changes and models. Are your models bad? People will tell you. Are your gameplay changes kooky? People will tell you immediately.
You also get name recognition, important for the future.
1. Bannerlorld is released some time in Spring-Autumn 2014.
You play with it and look what players are saying and learn how to mod it. Attention whores are starting their short-lived mods immediately, but you can wait until you have something to show.
2. Few months later.
You convert your models from Warband, include some OSP models, make some scripting tweaks and release an "alpha". People say it's the best mod ever, but they say things like that, and better mods are already in development.
3. Several months later.
You succeeded to attract experienced or talented modders that were drawn in by the quality of your work and the initial popularity of your mod. Now you have to finish it, and that's the hard part. You need to work on things that are no fun for you, manage a chaotic bunch of online contacts to get results, and always keep and communicate a vision of what your mod is all about.
Ideally, you hit on the playability features that Taleworlds missed, your models are interesting and good enough, and you release a proper 1.0 version. Congratulations!

That's how you make Bannerlord mods, not by starting clueless, attention-seeking threads like this.

MadVader said:

That way you get feedback for gameplay changes and models. Are your models bad? People will tell you. Are your gameplay changes kooky? People will tell you immediately.
You play with it and look what players are saying and learn how to mod it. Attention whores are starting their short-lived mods immediately, but you can wait until you have something to show.
2. Few months later.
You convert your models from Warband, include some OSP models, make some scripting tweaks and release an "alpha". People say it's the best mod ever, but they say things like that, and better mods are already in development.
3. Several months later.
You succeeded to attract experienced or talented modders that were drawn in by the quality of your work and the initial popularity of your mod. Now you have to finish it, and that's the hard part. You need to work on things that are no fun for you, manage a chaotic bunch of online contacts to get results, and always keep and communicate a vision of what your mod is all about.
Ideally, you hit on the playability features that Taleworlds missed, your models are interesting and good enough, and you release a proper 1.0 version. Congratulations!

That's how you make Bannerlord mods, not by starting clueless, attention-seeking threads like this.
True but don't you think Banner Lord will be released way before I get a massive mod like this done? Who will still be playing a warband mod that just came out? Also all my models will not have the right poly count? Please correct me if I am wrong.

MadVader said:

2. Few months later.
3. Several months later.

Whenever I read something like this from MadVader, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  :grin:

Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...
I find this thread redundant and with no purpose whatsoever. Why would one even create a thread for something that isn't even out of the pre-planning stage? (Yeah, not even in the real planning stage.)

I only read the first page, but the topic summary below this text box I am writing in contains interesting stuff, I see.
And by the way, "Banner Lord" is supposed to be one word, OP.

kthxbyebai.

EDIT: Turns out even the "bye" has to be spelled differently. Huh, go figure.

The day some one just says cool idea and good luck for when bl comes out I think if might just **** my pants. I don't care if you think this is a bad idea. Try not to waste your time by typing your insignificant opinions.

MvK0vrA.png

Back
Top Bottom