**Patch Update?**

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum or whomever,

I recall the initial beta announcement specifying a weekly release schedule where we'd have some kind of patch and communication on progress.
I was just curious if last week's patch/update was delayed for some reason? Holiday? Lockdown? Too many shots of Raki? :razz:

Some level of regularity would help bunches. Thank you for your hard work! I'm eager to explore the mod tools whenever they're released.

Sincerely,
JaceX - modder, player, and fan

I made a post on this, Devs are not handling communication correctly, no offense, but all EA games need direction and we have no clue what to expect unless we manually search for Callum/Mexxicos posts buried in random threads. There should be an official place for these posts :sad:

I don´t think they handle their communication wrong, there is just no communication. You can´t do something wrong if you just do nothing :wink: .

I recall the initial beta announcement specifying a weekly release schedule where we'd have some kind of patch and communication on progress.
I was just curious if last week's patch/update was delayed for some reason? Holiday? Lockdown? Too many shots of Raki? :razz:

They said the beta branches are expected to last at least a week. My guess is they still have issues they want to debug and fix, before releasing it.
But I am curious too, and some info would definitely be nice.

I don´t think they handle their communication wrong, there is just no communication. You can´t do something wrong if you just do nothing :wink: .

There is communication, just buried in random threads. There are extensive replies from Mexxico about faction balancing/snowballing/Sturgia-weak issues.
Just look at this post from today: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...often-grows-strong.421493/page-2#post-9420051

They specified a goal, and that goal was to be weekly, unless there is something that should be addressed before releasing a patch.

There is another thread that is a discussion about faction balance and mexxico joined that discussion providing data on tests he has been making to improve balance, and I would say that this is one of the reasons why we haven't see a patch yet.

I know we are all eager to see new content, to see what the future holds, and I do agree that their communication is lacking, you have to be active in threads because they will sometimes get involved and post news which are not shared in an official or compiled channel.

Lol.

They said the beta branches are expected to last at least a week. My guess is they still have issues they want to debug and fix, before releasing it.
But I am curious too, and some info would definitely be nice.

There is communication, just buried in random threads. There are extensive replies from Mexxico about faction balancing/snowballing/Sturgia-weak issues.
Just look at this post from today: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...often-grows-strong.421493/page-2#post-9420051

This is a great post, thanks for the reference. I loved reading @mexxico's train of though. It's like dev blog post.

They specified a goal, and that goal was to be weekly, unless there is something that should be addressed before releasing a patch.

There is another thread that is a discussion about faction balance and mexxico joined that discussion providing data on tests he has been making to improve balance, and I would say that this is one of the reasons why we haven't see a patch yet.

I know we are all eager to see new content, to see what the future holds, and I do agree that their communication is lacking, you have to be active in threads because they will sometimes get involved and post news which are not shared in an official or compiled channel.

Yeah, I hear you. Being active on forums is a mighty task though. I'm inherently lazy and trying to keep up and read every post/comment is above my pay-grade. :razz:

Yeah, I hear you. Being active on forums is a mighty task though. I'm inherently lazy and trying to keep up and read every post/comment is above my pay-grade. :razz:

Yeah, I understand. I work as a software developer and if there is something we say often in my workplace is "bad news are better than no news". They eventually are going to be buried in complaints if nobody steps up to at least compile replies and keep them on some sort of official news thread.

Back
Top Bottom