Patch proposition for With fire & Sword ( Multiplayer )

Users who are viewing this thread

WESTre said:
While I agree with the proposition, the lack of players, the lack of servers, the lack of mods (Demon is a listed mod, yet rarely somebody plays it) and no updates whatsoever for the last 2 years says it enough, doesn't it?

Let's be honest, they have abandoned the game.

As I said in my first post on this thread - they have stated in their MB: Carribean! FAQ that they may release another patch for wfas before or after releasing carribean.

I think they should be reminded though. And well, that's what this thread is for.

EDIT: As for cRPG, I know it. I was hoping Mercenaries would be something more along the lines of persistent world for MB. I always wanted that, sporting a halberd as a guard, or wearing those fancy 17th century clothes...but no matter. This sounds very nice too. It implicates a lot of new items though, doesn't it? :razz:

They have also stated that Carribean beta would be released on December 2012. Snowbird have their own agenda and I really think they will only invest time in their own active projects: Eador and Carribean (even though there's barely any PR of this game).

Well we can only hope they will release a patch for WFaS before Carribean, otherwise I see no point in returning to WFaS.

Well we can only hope they will release a patch for WFaS before Carribean, otherwise I see no point in returning to WFaS.

I hope this doesn't mean you'll stop hosting. :sad:

The community is actually doing quite well. Relatively stagnant, but well. I see steam sales attracting new people here and there, but that's it.

In other words, the community is at least stable, with your server gone however, I believe most of the community would go with it.

I know the situation I'm in and I will keep hosting the servers after Carribean has been released. But chances are I will be more active as a player and modder on Carribean than on WFaS and that the WFaS servers will cease to have any more updates.

ohhhhh Westre is reading this 2 great
I am not sure about what the current situation is but Sb is trieing to get adimi tool to wfas
and it would able players to pick up weapons that are acturly part of the map
also beds can heal players and a lot of other features idk if he is still working on it and how much he has already done
but if/when that mod releases I would like to see a Westre battleserver that is using hte mod it would become famous soon I guess/hope.
btw westre I tried to sign up at you webside but they bloked my e-mail because I am having a spam e-mail or something like that....

Lightman said:
I am not sure about what the current situation is but Sb is trieing to get adimi tool to wfas
also beds can heal players and a lot of other features idk if he is still working on it and how much he has already done
but if/when that mod releases I would like to see a Westre battleserver that is using hte mod it would become famous soon I guess/hope.
btw westre I tried to sign up at you webside but they bloked my e-mail because I am having a spam e-mail or something like that....

Don't change the subject thanks :wink:

Raven (Gothia) said:
Ncromancien said:
Lightman said:

Don't change the subject thanks :wink:

Ofc we dont my dear ncro  :razz: Let's get back to it. But i was thinking, where would you get a big hoster from?  :???: I mean if Carribean comes out first, Westre will be inactive on WFaS probably he said.

Yes, but I was not talking about that, I was talking about :

Lightman said:

But whatever.

Agreed to the most of you. I am fine whatever actually, just the cav will be worse, that will make the clanwars more fun, Ncromanciens thread with his post is great, i agree with him, that is what should happen, but wfas is not as famous as it should be, but we can maybe provake the whole community if u continue with this. A new patch will be hard to get, but a try is not bad at all, i guess the developpers might be fat and lazy and wont do anything, the only one who can do something about it, is captain lust i believe, well, i am not sure, but i believe so, this Caligula guy got a point aswell

RobinWar said:
Agreed to the most of you. I am fine whatever actually, just the cav will be worse, that will make the clanwars more fun, Ncromanciens thread with his post is great, i agree with him, that is what should happen, but wfas is not as famous as it should be, but we can maybe provake the whole community if u continue with this. A new patch will be hard to get, but a try is not bad at all, i guess the developpers might be fat and lazy and wont do anything, the only one who can do something about it, is captain lust i believe, well, i am not sure, but i believe so, this Caligula guy got a point aswell

Wow, that's some rude answer right there :p

I think that the devs are not that fat and lazy, but as it's a small company, they don't have so many guys too make the game, and not so much money ! So if they are working on Carribean, they can't get a patch, it's very hard to make both, but let us hope anyway.

(And, Caligula is one of the oldest Barabe member, more respect please :grin:)

Raven (Gothia) said:
Anyway, this might take some time, but if they make a patch anyway after all this time, it would perhaps be a good idea to look with every gamemode, if there are any maps that are truly dedicated to that gamemode. If not (thats what i think) they should perhaps think of making maps for those gamemodes too? Just to make it more interesting to play them. Just a proposition....perhaps its ****, idk.  :lol:

That's a lot of work you are asking for, but they could also watch for balancing game mods like capture the flags that doesn't fit AT ALL to the dame for now.

Ncromancien said:
I'm here to make a proposition for the Multiplayer of wfas that haven't been patch for now 2 years, and unfortunatly, it needs to be patched.
Unfortunately, for sure it wont. When WFaS 2 is near and they can't finish it in-time due to lack of resources, doubt that they will ever touch WFaS again :roll:
Ncromancien said:
So let's get this started with the factions first
About factions and mp units, they didn't bother about that much, don't even rewrite troops list - if you review troops file, you could see that Tatar Infantryman is trp_khergit_veteran_footman_multiplayer, Sweden Musketeer is trp_nord_archer_multiplayer and so on(the same thing is with part of sp troops) - what balance you except in such case? :roll: And because of this there is another stupid thing - with all that many sp units you have only 3 for mp, i.e. if sp Poland has Volunteer, Dragoon, Reiter, Armored Cossack, Winged Hussar, Rank Cossack, Lisowczyk, Lithuanian Tatar in mp there is only one abstract Cavalry unit :neutral:This is just ridiculous, and changes should start from here.

And there is a lot similar things - for example, in resources there is armors_b-i, weapon_meshes_b-e, with textures, and a lot of other from Warband's native, which isn't used in game and which should not be there. Moreover, it's all written in module.ini, so all that unnecessary stuff is loaded at start and takes memory - another ridiculous stupid thing :neutral: i'm surprised they haven't fixed this and left game in undone stage, it's not good attitude to customers :neutral:

So, the first and most necessary that this game need is patch, that get all this Native stuff off from game and remake it from paid mod to add-on, as it should be.

Also,
All this changes it's not so hard, changing unit/armor/weapon stats, adding new items from sp to mp, fixing map bugs/flags/spawn's etc. - you could do it by yourself(-ves) as a mp mod, not necessarily to wait for developers. Moreover, some of changes could be serverside, so you will need just to change server files
Or you can try The Deluge mod - same era and setting, but much more better mp, in my opinion

Unfortunately, for sure it wont. When WFaS 2 is near and they can't finish it in-time due to lack of resources, doubt that they will ever touch WFaS again :roll:

Fortunately, it is not up to you to say that.

Firstly you are wrong about Carribean. The reason it's not being finished in expected time is because of a complete development halt since they at the time fully focused on Eador and patching that game up, which is fine.

Secondly, the developers themselves said they'll look into it, but are not making any promises. That's where our encouragement comes in.

Or you can try The Deluge mod - same era and setting, but much more better mp, in my opinion

Why not both? Deluge is pretty dead right now however. And yeah, please go away. This isn't exactly the thread for subjective opinions.

YourStepDad said:
Fortunately, it is not up to you to say that.
Personal opinion.
YourStepDad said:
Firstly you are wrong about Carribean. The reason it's not being finished in expected time is because of a complete development halt since they at the time fully focused on Eador and patching that game up, which is fine.
On ru community forum dev said once that, for example, there wont be any Indians due to lack of resources for making them :roll: And there is a lot of stuff planned, but they do not now if they be able to make it it-time and include in first release.
In such cases doubtfully that any patch will comes.
Besides time related problem, other reason could be sense - there is like more than 2 years passed from release and last patch, very few people still play it, and now when 2nd WFaS is near, there is no point of patching 1st - resources that should be spend on it unlikely wont encourage much new players to buy game and not give proper benefit.

(All next entries is another personal opinion)Game is abandoned - they know about all that bugs and need-to-fix things a much more better than we do, but if don't bother to do something back in 2011, while having time and this was much more actual, i see no point to hope for any miracle patch now in 2013.
YourStepDad said:
Secondly, the developers themselves said they'll look into it, but are not making any promises. That's where our encouragement comes in.
Well, it was said back then when they said and expect that WFaS2 would be releasing in Autumn 2012, and how it all goes...
YourStepDad said:
And yeah, please go away. This isn't exactly the thread for subjective opinions.
Sorry, but i would stay for some while. But i promise i will keep it straight and calm

Dear Shamble, with all the respect I owe you, I have to admit that all of what you said is useless...
The topic is about a proposition of patch, and not about " will the devs make a patch ", so all what you say answer that second subject, that I honnestly don't care at all. In all seriousness, even if a pacth is released, it won't bring me back to the game because it would be too late, but I wrote this thread for the people who are still playing this game and want that patch to be released, so if you're just here for halve people's hope, and not for talking about the propositions of the patch themselves, no need to post anything in that thread, create a new one :smile:

Back
Top Bottom