Patch proposition for With fire & Sword ( Multiplayer )

Users who are viewing this thread

ahh and something else they should generally add some new closed maps atm Marketplace is the only closed map and thats why it is played n the servers all day long....
everybody likes closed maps because of more action but they arte missing in WFaS.

@YourStepDad :

YourStepDad said:
This is amazing. An incredibly constructive thread that basically does all the brainstorming when it comes to MP bugfixes for the developers. But in my opinion, this is not nearly enough.
---> Happy that you enjoy the work out there :smile:

I already pleaded the developer for this, and this is the response that they have given us in their Q&A;

http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/caribbean-%E2%80%94-q-a.19/

It's the last answer in the Q&A sections, and it goes like this:

14.Will you be releasing another patch for the first WFAS? I recall you saying you are working on it.

Nobody could ever force us to promise that we’d release a patch for WFAS but we will really try to do that before «Caribbean!» release.
---> Nothing to say, they are right, but for the players that want a balanced game, it's sad :/

I would like to add to this several key things. I would greatly appreciate it if you could include the following requests in your first post.

So here goes, from what is in my eyes the most important to less important:

1.Fix the game breaking bugs in single player which prevent the players from further progressing with the story! Almost all the questlines are severely bugged, with the exception of Polish one that is the most stable.
---> Agree on it, I couldn't finish my SP game because of a bug in Moscovite quest !

2. New multiplayer maps. This kind of content prolongs a game's life by far, and in the case of WFAS, maps are sorely lacking, especially captain co-op ones. There are only about 4 maps constantly played in the captain co-op mode. It's the best format of horde mode I ever played, but the quality of experience is largely dependent on the map and it's spawn points. Fortified Town, Tatar Town, Trenches and Fields(not even a co-op map, mind you) are the ones played the most, the rest is largely neglected. Most battle maps are good, and I absolutely adore the job you've done with most of them, but they are not very numerous either.
---> Nothing to add.

3. Multiplayer balancing issues. Including multiplayer bugs and misplaced spawn points. MP is VERY imbalanced. Now this is very funny to me, because the SP is so incredibly well balanced. I haven't played in a while but I remember several general key issues that need to be adressed: - MAKE MUSKETS LESS ACCURATE AND THEIR RETICLE LESS FOCUSED, Make top tier three quarters armors more expensive, Increase reloading times/reload penalty while moving. These are key things that can be easily changed yet vastly improve the gameplay. I will not mention the troop/faction balance as the OP handled that.
---> Yep, as I said, all of these are things they can work on to balance the game, a lot of things can be done, they need to chose what they want to fix then. But that's true that nowadays, a good musketman with sweden can hit 95% of time at low/average distance.

4. New content. We waited for so long, you could reward our loyalty to this game by adding some new items/troops, for both single player and multi player, but I believe items are of much more importance for MP. You could add more existing items from the single player to multiplayer too. As for new items - I have noticed a lack of hats and feathered items. We could use a few of those. Burgonets too - you don't have those in your game at all. Perhaps some cuirassies, a new halberd model or two etc. These are less important, but would certainly be nice.
---> That's true, we're still playing, waiting since 2 years !
It's not so much to ask since the items exists ! they just need to add them to multiplayer, I hope somewhen they will do something like that.

That is all I can think of right now, but my gut tells me this is not all.
---> As I said, there is always more :grin:

@LordHenkie-NL :

LordHenkie-NL said:
My idea's for the multiplayer are:

Muskovite:
Inf's and musketeers are good enough.
The cav needs to be improved with better bows and muskets.
---> Pretty much what I've said before.

Polish:
Inf's and musketeers are good.
For the cav the lances need to have less damage or cost more.
The bows need to take longer to draw so you can shoot about 2 times in the time that a musket reloads and worse aim when riding but for standing still I think it is ok.
---> Same here.

Sweden:
The infs are good.
The musketeers need to have worse aim or longer reload time.
The cav armor and the aim for the muskets is good I think but the muskets need to do less damage.
---> Maybe the musket are too good, as I pointed already, they have 11 more accuracy points than Polish/Moscovite muskets... All said. ( Same thing for the muskets)

Cossacks
I think the infs are good without good armor because of their speed you can dodge bullets better but the spears are to fast so you can very easily spam someone (I am guilty of this).
The musketeers are pretty ballanced I think but maybe a little less damage.
For the cav I think worse aim (like the swedish cav is now) or less damage so you cant one shot people.
---> Inf is definitly weak, in a scrim, people never uses it, they're just cav spamming, and if you only nerf cav, cossacks would become an unused class, that's why I proposed to buff them !

Crimean
For the infs they have to get worse aim for the bows and better aim for the muskets (I dont think they need more weapons because of the bows that they have).
I dont know much about the lancers (I never use them) so I have nothing to say about that.
Ofcourse the bow cav needs to have less accuracy and also less damage plus longer time to draw the bow.
--->Same thing here, and interesting thing, you never played as lancer, as I pointed in my post, nobod plays that class :smile:

For the maps the glitches need to get fixed the rest is not as important I think.
Also having two more smaller maps (like market place) would be great.

@Zymiex :

Lightman said:
IMO they should also generally balance something between the troopclassses muskets are overpowered I would say they should generally make all muskets more expensive or less strong.
Also I don't like the pike animation because it is unrealistic and overpowerd I would like to have warbands pikeanimation here.

--->You're pointing one of the hardest thing to point in the game, the pikes... Problem is, players have accepted how the pikes works, and all the melee gameplay is turning around how you deal with them, chaning the pikes animations to Warband's, would change all melee gameplay in wfas, which could be unpopular, but still, nerfing damages and speed could fix the issues.

YourStepDad said:
Guys, we need more activity in this thread if we want it to get noticed.

This thread contains very constructive ideas, unlike the previous several, which is a step forward I suppose.

I really want to emphasize how much I love with Fire and Sword. That is why I care so much about it staying alive and prospering.

I'll keep being activ here :smile:

Ncromancien said:
@Zymiex :

Lightman said:
IMO they should also generally balance something between the troopclassses muskets are overpowered I would say they should generally make all muskets more expensive or less strong.
Also I don't like the pike animation because it is unrealistic and overpowerd I would like to have warbands pikeanimation here.

--->You're pointing one of the hardest thing to point in the game, the pikes... Problem is, players have accepted how the pikes works, and all the melee gameplay is turning around how you deal with them, chaning the pikes animations to Warband's, would change all melee gameplay in wfas, which could be unpopular, but still, nerfing damages and speed could fix the issues.
the pikeanymations are not realistic atm also they totally OP and no suporting weapons anymore I wouldnt call it melee if you get 1 hitted by a pike I like the way taleworlds hadled it in Warband pikes are still used and as suporting weapons important but you have a chance without them. They should make pikes stronger then in WB but give them back the old animations and take a bit damage off i think.

Some things I thought you would agree but at reading again I found out that we have different minds about:

Crimean Infantry
They are OP as well
I think they shouldn't have bows imo
or at least not be abled to use
sheeld and bow at the same time

Moscow
A better aim would be enough
I think the marksman need a better aim
and maybe shouldn't get 2h axe instead
also a better aim for the cav can be enough
I think because cav doesn't often use melee in wfas

My point Zymiex was, chaning animation is a lot of work, and I guess we're not here anymore, we need to ask things that can be changed, devs don't have time to change animation, but by nerfing damages and speed it would be more than enough.

About crim inf : Have you already tried the bows with crim inf ? You can't do anything with it, on foot, muskets are way more efficient, and still, look at this fact, nobody uses crim inf nowadays.

About Moscow : Aim is pretty much the same than polish musket.
Moscovite crosshair :
wafs.png

Polish crosshair :
qxma.png

There is a little difference but nothing really significant... Maybe it would change a lot of things if it was same than polish aim ?

And for me, the axes are nice because they make moscovite ranged special, and still, nobody uses moscow :smile:

here moscows aim doesn't make a big change but if you have to aim on a far distance you have no chance with them.....
also I tried crimean bows and they are good not for far distance but in a group they are damn good also against cav it is to easy because you can kill incoming cav by archeryspamming easyly.
also I am happy with Warbands animation witch needn't be created it is enough if they ask TW for permission to use it and add it to wfas.

I'll try that with Moscovite and Polish musket on far distance for sure when I'll have time.
But I'm not really convince about the bows of crim infantry because I never saw that on server :/
Still, if you remove them, it wouldn't really change anything at the end, people prefer uses muskets than bows, and if they want to use bows, they take horsearchers :wink:

Good thinking. Let's hope it comes to that. :razz:

By the way, good news for the community! Some dudes have just announced that they will be releasing a Wfas version of the "Mercenaries" mod.

They'll be releasing more news next week, and apparently the module this september.

I honestly don't know what the mod is about, as I never played the original, but it uses a third party site for managing items, so it must be something pretty neat. :razz:

Either way, I'm pretty stoked. Even if you're not. It's certainly good for wfas's health. :smile:

Check my comment history or the mods in development section of the forums to find the thread.

YourStepDad said:
Good thinking. Let's hope it comes to that. :razz:

By the way, good news for the community! Some dudes have just announced that they will be releasing a Wfas version of the "Mercenaries" mod.

They'll be releasing more news next week, and apparently the module this september.

I honestly don't know what the mod is about, as I never played the original, but it uses a third party site for managing items, so it must be something pretty neat. :razz:

Either way, I'm pretty stoked. Even if you're not. It's certainly good for wfas's health. :smile:

Check my comment history or the mods in development section of the forums to find the thread.

Oh Really ? I'll give it a try for sure, waiting for the release and see how it will go. Hopefully it will be good for wfas :smile:

While I agree with the proposition, the lack of players, the lack of servers, the lack of mods (Demon is a listed mod, yet rarely somebody plays it) and no updates whatsoever for the last 2 years says it enough, doesn't it?

Let's be honest, they have abandoned the game.

Back
Top Bottom